• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

I love the new poke mart tile ^^
    The best part has to be that the gym is looking so fine! And the mart seems to be different for each Town...
    Also Apricorns!

Years
    ah, the updated gyms look soooooo nice
    im so excited for these games
    september 12th can't come quick enough! (even though i go back to college on the 11th >____> so i want it to go slow)
    and i'm so intruiged about the kimono girls!
    and all the "coming soon" tabs on the HG/SS website :(
    especially under the team rocket one, theres like 4 coming soon tabs!
    though, this is pure speculation, but i think that, under the like "characters" section, the two more coming soon tabs will contain information on professor oak and bill.
    if not oak, then Cynthia or something.

Years
    It's King Dedede from the Kirby games. (I know, I have Kirby Superstar Ultra for DS.) It has nothing to do with Pokemon.

I like the artwork for the new dogs. (After looking on the website, I've noticed I was wrong about the new girl holding a steering wheel.) She's just looking in at the three dogs from the ceiling and behind her is Eusine.

Years
    I thought that 'thing' was a Squirtle XDXD

I guess it does look like King DeDeDe though. The new artwork for Eusine, and the legendary dogs is awesome. I love Ho-Oh and Lugia's overworld sprites. The way the Tin Tower scenery stretches into the place, and the waterfall in the Whirl Islands flow is absolutely brilliant.

I know the Lati@s rumours were spouted out, but has the Battle Frontier been confirmed? Or was it all a sham?

Years

I love the new poke mart tile ^^

Me, too. Violet looks so pretty.

Check out that guy in the most northern part in the pic. (He must be the teacher of that Pokemon school in his town.) Looks like Soul(Or whatever her name is) isn't the only one wearing overalls in this game. :) I love that screen picture.

(To answer Twilight's question, it's Violet city. A building in that city has a purple roof.)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    What town was that image?

Violet City. XD
    Huh...is that one of the Kimono Girls I see there? Are we going to be meeting them this early, I wonder?

Oh, and Violet looks awesome.

@Todoroki Is: Huh...the first pic with the 15:59 on it shows Ecruteak's/Enju's city slogan ("The City Where the Past Meets the Present"). Can't figure out what the others translate to, though.

Years
    Is anyone besides me loving its city/town look? Only other citie to show now area Olivine Blackthorn and Mahogany I guess.

Same here! I'm loving all these screens as well! I love the city/town look of Violet City. It looks so cool. ^_^ (Looking forward to hearing the battle music.)

As for those other cities, we have an idea how they'll look. (According to the artwork of Johto.) But yes, it would be cool to see screens of those places. Especially, Jasmine's lighthouse.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Huh...is that one of the Kimono Girls I see there? Are we going to be meeting them this early, I wonder?

Oh, and Violet looks awesome.

@Todoroki Is: Huh...the first pic with the 15:59 on it shows Ecruteak's/Enju's city slogan ("The City Where the Past Meets the Present"). Can't figure out what the others translate to, though.

The first image:

Johto
    Ecruteak City
    The town that reveals the face of history.

[Poké Ball] Item
    [!] Strength (the HM move)
    [Pikachu] Fishing

The second image:

Cherrygrove City

[Pikachu] Hoothoot
    [HM] Surf

Already covered. I wonder what's with strength in Ecruteak...And you can enter memos on the map so yeah interesting.

Same here! I'm loving all these screens as well! I love the city/town look of Violet City. It looks so cool. ^_^ (Looking forward to hearing the battle music.)

As for those other cities, we have an idea how they'll look. (According to the artwork of Johto.) But yes, it would be cool to see screens of those places. Especially, Jasmine's lighthouse.
    the lighthouse will be huge. 6 floors of awesome win. Not to mention the FPV of it.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Already covered. I wonder what's with strength in Ecruteak...And you can enter memos on the map so yeah interesting.
    Huh...whoops. XD Yeah, didn't see it, so...lol. But IIRC, you used Strength in the Burned Tower basement, so that might be it. Also, interesting about the memo thing.

the lighthouse will be huge. 6 floors of awesome win. Not to mention the FPV of it.
    Yep, can't wait for it and the remixed Lighthouse theme. XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Personally, I'm glad for the new information on the PokeWalker. It's going to be the feature of the game that I'll use more (thanks to work), so finding out how battling, catching, and item-finding will work on it is always a plus.

I'm also glad to see that Crystal is getting some recognition in these remakes instead of being forgotten as a classic and never touched again. It brought features to the main games that were carried on, and seeing parts of it included in HG/SS is good. I've never played Crystal, so seeing reminders of it in the remakes of the games I did play will be interesting, especially to see how the storyline works out.

And I'm another lover of the way that the cities look. I enjoy the fact that each one of them gets their own personality. (And that art for Ecruteak? That's my new desktop background. It's so pretty, and I'm glad my second favorite Johto town is getting that much attention again.)

Also, erm, yay Eusine? Like I said, never played Crystal, so I never got to see him as a character in the games.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I wasn't really sure where else to put this, so I guess this is the best place :p

Just a heads up to everyone, next month's issue CoroCoro is going to be released earlier than normal. On the CoroCoro website, they had said that the past release dates have been "around 6/15" and "around 7/15," but this month says "around 8/11," so hopefully we should be getting the next issue scans earlier this time :)

https://www.corocoro.tv/next/index.html

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I wasn't really sure where else to put this, so I guess this is the best place :p

Just a heads up to everyone, next month's issue CoroCoro is going to be released earlier than normal. On the CoroCoro website, they had said that the past release dates have been "around 6/15" and "around 7/15," but this month says "around 8/11," so hopefully we should be getting the next issue scans earlier this time :)

https://www.corocoro.tv/next/index.html

That has nothing Pokemon-related on it

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    That has nothing Pokemon-related on it

>_> ... Just because Pokemon isn't in that preview does not mean that we will not get more HGSS information, which has been in every issue of CoroCoro for the past 3 months, let alone being the biggest source of new information...

Back