• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Wow! Racing in Pokemon! I bet that will be a cool addition! HG/SS will really be something else!!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    What does that mean? Sorry but I wasn't able to understand that.

In Japanese culture, they have people called Geisha, which can be found: Here

A person who is in training to become a Geisha are called Maiko, which can be found: Here

The detailing feature of a Geisha is the makeup and Kimino, so when the Maiko of the originals were translated into english, they became the kimono girls. Did that help? I'm terrible at explaining XD

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I wish the Red Gyarados was a little higher leveled but whatever...... Loving how Eusine is backk!!!! yay! And it's so cool how the Kimono Girls will have more of a plot inclusion this time :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    How is Palkia part-Water again?
    Hopefully higher-leveled Ho-Oh and Lugia means good news for the gym leaders difficulty level.
    If their levels remain intact I will cry.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    In Japanese culture, they have people called Geisha, which can be found: Here

A person who is in training to become a Geisha are called Maiko, which can be found: Here

The detailing feature of a Geisha is the makeup and Kimino, so when the Maiko of the originals were translated into english, they became the kimono girls. Did that help? I'm terrible at explaining XD
    That explained it XD! I loved how kimono girls will have a plot.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I want to see more about the Kimono girls and also see how the new gyms are, hopefully they even show a battle with some leader so we can expect if there are level changes or no..

Anyway, I don't remember what Eusine was for.. Isn't that guy which was on Cianwood, and he had 3 Pokémons? I barely remember him, I only played Crystal for like 1 month xD

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    WTF!!!! NOOOO they're bringing in Crystal junk into this remake? Have you all heard of what I think about Crystal?
    Spoiler:

As a Gold and Silver remake, there should be no Crystal garbage polluting this classic series, NONE. If they so desperately want Crystal stuff in, they might as well make a Crystal remake. Like what the hell, why are they changing the classic storyline and stuff, FR/LG's story wasn't affected by Pokemon Yellow things, was it? It was a remake of RED and BLUE (green w/e) the two originals. So this should be a remake of the two originals, not a remake of Crystal!

And people say the Kimono Girls have a deeper plot now and you encounter them more.... that has to be the biggest load of dry steaming constipated crap I've ever heard. The reason all of us REMEMBER the Kimono Girls is because they were unique, there was just one house in the game with these 5 trainers who had Eevee Evolutions, it made it so unique. Now their charm will be gone cause they're going to be humping you during the story, why? That makes it less unique, it was cool cause you just met them that one time then moved on, it made you remember it.

Way to go Game Freak -_-

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    your right!, they are getting better and better
    I knew that all of this information from Coro Coro was going to be in the game

:t354:TG

Well... they're not ALL getting better. I found D/P a big step downwards.... It was way to linear...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    The Crystal subplot is in? ...I instantly love these games.

I wonder how the Kimono Girls will add to the plot if you meet them outside Ecruteak. It's also interesting that both Ho-oh and Lugia will be Lv. 45, since we've had one in the 40s and one in the 70s. A bit unbalanced, I'd think. XD

Awesome art of the dogs there. Especially Suicune. =3

As for the gym traps, I like. I could always use a challenge. XD

As for the Lati@s roaming, it does kinda figure, with the weather trio in, although I hope they don't overkill it with more Hoenn legendaries. If Mewtwo is in, that might mean Cerulean Cave would be back, if it's in Kanto, which would mean we'd get the full Kanto we didn't get in GSC. And Battle Frontier, I like. Can't wait for the rest of the scans.

EDIT: I'm guessing the Kimono Girls would begin their heightened role after the Elite 4, so that they stay unique in Ecruteak until then. I mean, naturally, most story changes should take place after the Elite 4. Also, the G/S story with the Dogs was pretty uneventful, since you just had to find them in the wild once you woke them up. At least Crystal made it more focused on Suicune and Eusine. Adding the Suicune subplot wouldn't hurt the G/S storyline, since there was nothing there in that regard.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I think the Kimono girls will be like the supportive characters around Sinnoh. Also they are level 45 in their respective games. The second bird you get though its unknown what the level is.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
    Todoroki Is: When do you think the next scans will be out?

The game looks like it is going to be excellent, I love the fact that Eusine is back, Crystal was the best =D.

Years
    what supportive characters around sinnoh, btw?
    I really can't actually think of where you'd run into the Kimono girls again, perhaps in kanto?
    I personally think it'd be cool if they were move tutors, each one teaching you a move for the type their Eevee-lution is.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Todoroki Is: When do you think the next scans will be out?

The game looks like it is going to be excellent, I love the fact that Eusine is back, Crystal was the best =D.
    How the hell should I know? XD

what supportive characters around sinnoh, btw?
    I really can't actually think of where you'd run into the Kimono girls again, perhaps in kanto?
    I personally think it'd be cool if they were move tutors, each one teaching you a move for the type their Eevee-lution is.
    Buck,Marley, Riley those guys!

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    isnt the stylus that thing from pokemon ranger :P, well it seems alot of minigames, nice i like, i really still expect mewtwo,mew and dioxys to be available since alot of legendaries have been included that are really hard to obtain normally, so these are maybe the some of the hardest to obtain, so i highly expect them to appear in this game, event or not.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I don't now who Eusine is since I've never played Crystal, is he really that interesting? Well, it's cool that we'll see the Kimino girls more, I suppose. I like the new legendary dog's art, I've always loved Suicune.

Back