• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

Years
    I like this map better than the one for Sinnoh. I'm glad they didn't copy styles. It coordinates with the Pokegear nicely. I love that map. I like the sprites of Raikou and Entei shown on the map, because now we know exactly which Pokemon is where instead of guessing which legendary it is. The magnifying glass looks cool, too. I love how they made the Pokegear look this game. They did an excellent job recreating it. (Blue's my favorite color. :) If the color for the girl's pokegear isn't as great, I might just play as the guy for nostalgia and for the pokegear.)

As for the Kimono girls, their sprite looks cool. Way better than I expected. I'm happy they'll be getting a bigger role this time around.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I...already solved bugsy's gym ;__; Im so ashamed

Click below if you wanna be spoiled...
    Spoiler:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I just noticed some thing on the Pokegear's map:

Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

See the yellow circle I made? It's near Olivine Town, and I believe it's where the Battle Tower/Frontier will be.
    Yeah Saber, your right. I figured the BT/BF would be in. But anyone else notice the other detail on this map? You can see the Current Running icons for Entei and Raikou, yet Suicune's is clearly missing! Since Eusine is already for sure in, does this mean we can expect another Crystal-esque Suicune battle?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wait, is Raikou above Goldenrod? I can't tell..

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Looks pretty nice, Ho-Oh's sprite is kinda meh ;\ The colours are a bit off (could just be the image quality of the scan). I like how Lugia and Ho-Oh's overworlds are big, not a small block the size of your character like in FR\LG.

It's interesting how the battle arena for fighting Ho-Oh is golden brown, I had always thought it would be blue like you're fighting him in the sky.

Also the waterfall behind Lugia is now a semi-circle shape (curved) which as cool, before it was just a flat rectangle. Not sure I like the rocks surrounding it though, woulda been cooler if it was just the waterfall without the rock border.

Yeah Saber, your right. I figured the BT/BF would be in. But anyone else notice the other detail on this map? You can see the Current Running icons for Entei and Raikou, yet Suicune's is clearly missing! Since Eusine is already for sure in, does this mean we can expect another Crystal-esque Suicune battle?

I see Entei easily near Azalea, but I have no idea why you think that's Raikou above Goldenrod, it looks more like Suicune with the bits of blue or like a big fuzzy block of gray, how can you tell?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I see Entei easily near Azalea, but I have no idea why you think that's Raikou above Goldenrod, it looks more like Suicune with the bits of blue or like a big fuzzy block of gray, how can you tell?
    I can tell because the features of the sprite do not match Suicune's facial features. Also the brow on Raikou's head is pretty visible (And distinctive V-like shape) can be seen in the center of the sprite's face. Also, the "lions mane" around Raikou's head can be seen around the sprite (resulting in most of the greying), as well, there is some yellow in the sprite, which Suicune lacks.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i love the sprites of entei and raikou that show up on the map, but why isnt suicune on there too? ok , i think i started to get were this is going, and ya crearly the circled item on the map posted here is the battle frontier.

Years
    Maybe the one playing hasn't ran into Suicune yet, so it doesn't appear on the map. Either that or they caught it already.

I really like the color of the Pokegear. It's a nice shade of blue. I hope the girl's pokegear is nice as well.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    it makes me wonder though how the running shoes will work. As a toggle? I wonder if the B button still works, too, for switching into the shoes.

That's what I've been wondering :/ I can't see how it would be useful to hold that button on the touch screen while you move around so... the only thing I can guess is turn it on and run as much as you want? Turn it off and walk? I would just hope that it doesn't keep toggeling on and off by itself :/ That would get really annoying lol >_<

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I hope not! It was a lot easier to just lift your finger off the B button and now you might have to tap it on and off?? :(

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Couldn't they always change some things from after JP HGSS is released? Like fix up a few things or make things easier or better before they release in the US?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Oh, really? Geesh, thats not very reassuring.... :/

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Wow... that's a lot of new info I missed.:D

Seeing as your mother can apparently store money for you, that probably means some sort of room decoration is included, like the first games.

And the Pokewalker receiving items if you connect it to a friend sounds very like mystery gift. Maybe the trainer house will return, even though there is a battle tower now, there was the trainer house in Crystal too.

And Lugia and Entei look great:D Ho-Oh unfortunately does not. All these people say Lugia is a better pokemon, but I like Ho-Oh just as much. Maybe it's cause I've never owned either of them.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Just to let you know, serebii has released more coro coro scans. A major thing that was confirmed is the notched ear pichu that you get will not evolve. And they also show a new pokethlon event.
    Yes most of them have been seen. And he has something wrong. That itemfinder is definetely not part of the pokegear.

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
    I am sorry if this has already been posted, but take a look at this

It was between lugia and ho-oh...so what do you think it is?

Back