• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
Years
  • What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.

Also shoudn't I get a Pokecommunity Supporter emblem?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I would like to ask:
    A) Why was this thread stickied? (I'm just asking, don't punch me)
    B) Is there/will there be an option to hide one's emblems?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Hmm, I thought maybe the staff wouldn't since knowing who gave it to you would get other members asking them who it was. Then in turn those members may pester that staff member. xD

Also a reason why I asked is because I have no idea who gave me my fourth. Px
    The PM is optional; so if the staff member doesn't want you to know who gave it, you won't get a PM about it. Some emblems may be given out that way depending on the level of secrecy they demand.
    I would like to ask:
    A) Why was this thread stickied? (I'm just asking, don't punch me)
    B) Is there/will there be an option to hide one's emblems?
    A) Because. It's an official thread and if it's stickied, there's slightly less chance of getting bombarded by new threads about it in Q&F.
    B) No.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I was thinking about the "Writer" emblem that I saw on one of the staff. I think it would be pretty selfish to request said emblem. (Also, some of the really good writers wouldn't go out and ask for them either.) Then you would also have all the newbies who think that there work is great (when it's not) requesting one.

It would be much easer to have that emblem awarded to you only if you are recommended by someone who has been in the writing areas a lot.

Other wise it would be no big deal if you got one; anyone with half a keyboard could get one, and I think that emblems should be reserved for those who actually deserve them.

(P.S. We need one for those who go nuts if you don't always have good grammar.)

[/opinion]

Ummm, again, that's up to staff discretion. Even if the best writer in PC doesn't get a "Writer" emblem, does that mean he's not the best writer in PC? ;x If you think someone deserves an emblem, cross your fingers and hope that we notice them. That's the best we can offer. xD; Because really, nobody wants to sit down and sift through the kajillion nomination's we'd get if we opened that, y'know what I mean?

What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.

^ You'll have to find out for yourself.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Ummm, again, that's up to staff discretion. Even if the best writer in PC doesn't get a "Writer" emblem, does that mean he's not the best writer in PC? ;x If you think someone deserves an emblem, cross your fingers and hope that we notice them. That's the best we can offer. xD; Because really, nobody wants to sit down and sift through the kajillion nomination's we'd get if we opened that, y'know what I mean?

I see your point, but then again how many times does the higher staff members browse the PFF(&P), RP, or the FF sections?

I mean they are usually pretty busy and thus wouldn't have a lot of time to sit down and read.

I only see an s-mod once in a while when a post gets reported, and Astinus happens to be on vacation or something. So how are the best ones going to get noticed by the staff who have the power to award emblems?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • What's the Gender Bender emblem about? Is it like if you put Female in you profile even though you're male.
    Nothing would be that easy. It's most likely for people who have an unknown gender to most others. Like if people commonly think that a member is a boy when they're a girl (or just have a lot of people thinking either way), they'll probably get the Gender Bender.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Mods can give out emblems too--it's not like the hstaff would HAVE to give out the emblems and know the best writers, etc.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Mods can give out emblems too--it's not like the hstaff would HAVE to give out the emblems and know the best writers, etc.

After re-reading the first post I notice that; I guess I missed the word "any" that was in front of the word staff, which also happened to be boded.

Oops.:embarrass

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • This seems like a fun and quirky little idea. :3

May I has the Supporter and Veteran emblems, pwease?

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I haven't read through the thread yet, kind of in a hurry, but am I right in assuming that you will be notified if you receive an emblem?

Years
  • Unnecesary, pointless little gimmick.
    Nice addition, no real benefit.
    Don't worry too much about these, kids. No one else will.

EDIT:
    I lold at how many people gave me negative rep instead of arguing back.
    Seriously, is it really that much of a kick in the pants to recognize a difference in opinion?

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    The emblem system's a joke, right? Because as of yet I've been given no indication of it being anything more than that. (Seeing as I basically indicated that I deserved the "SHUT UP" emblem, and I got it.)

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • The emblem system's a joke, right? Because as of yet I've been given no indication of it being anything more than that. (Seeing as I basically indicated that I deserved the "SHUT UP" emblem, and I got it.)

Shut up

No, emblems are serious business Tsk :\
    If you got it, you probably deserved it. If you asked for a staff emblem, you probably wouldn't get it. It just depends of what the emblems mean.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Shut up

No, emblems are serious business Tsk
    If you got it, you probably deserved it. If you asked for a staff emblem, you probably wouldn't get it. It just depends of what the emblems mean.
    I guess it can be serious.. I mean, there's already plenty of spam in my profile anyway, a few bizarre emblems won't hurt. (Although I do like the SHUT UP emblem, it makes me look low key). ;B

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back