• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I dunno. It makes sense to me. I just feel that they should have put more effort into making the names more original and no so redundant.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Lol you people are funny ^_^

How about names we love, like Sandile.

Oh someone explain Blitzle to me, blitz has to do with fire, not electricity...

Years
    Lol you people are funny ^_^

How about names we love, like Sandile.

Oh someone explain Blitzle to me, blitz has to do with fire, not electricity...

Well apparently, "blitz" is German for lightning. I also thought the blitz in Blitzle's name came from fire. I blame the attack move Flare Blitz. >.>

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Well apparently, "blitz" is German for lightning. I also thought the blitz in Blitzle's name came from fire. I blame the attack move Flare Blitz. >.>
    Yes, you have probably seen it before in blitzkrieg, lightning war (the tactic the Germans used in WWII, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Does Gigalith come from megalith, a big stone?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yes, you have probably seen it before in blitzkrieg, lightning war (the tactic the Germans used in WWII, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Does Gigalith come from megalith, a big stone?

You got it! But to make it sound much more epic, GameFreak named it giga. :)
    In addition to that, Gigalith also comes from "gigas," a race of Greek mythological earth-born giants, "lithos," the Greek word for "stone" or "monolith." (cited from Bulbapedia)
    Oh my God.

I never laughed so hard in my life.

Deino. PFFFFFFFT XD
    "Deino" comes from "ein," the German word for one, referencing its one head and "dino," possibly because it looks like a dinosaur. I found Deino a pretty funny name too.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Nothing really interesting for this new update.

The Official Nintendo Magazine in Uk has confirmed that the mode to transfer Pokèmon to B/W from IV Gen games known as Pokèshifter keeps its name, without any modify.
    And, the Battle Subway (also this confirmed) Bosses, known as Nobori and Kudari, are now Emmet and Ingo (the first is the black suit one, the second is the white suit one, here it is an artwork of them.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm so glad battle subway kept its name, as well as the Pokeshifter, because there are so many bad things the battle subway could've been called. Like for example, train station, based on their creativity for other names. >___>;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back