• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Hello everyone! I've gotten some new SM Shinies and noticed that some of the dates are weird. The net says we can still change the date/time of our DS and it'll change in the game (though time-based events will get messed up for 1-3 days), so I'm assuming people did this in order to get the weird dates. Here are the ones I have:
Toucanon | Lurantis | Mudsdale | Ribombee

Ribombee could have just been time zone changes (I get that all the time being in Japan with a US system), and Mudsdale isn't too bad either, but I'm more worried about the first two. I looked up that 3DS systems reset to 1/1/2011 which is the factory reset date, so maybe the person didn't notice that had happened (same year and all). Lurantis worries me the most since 1/1/2000 or something similar was the date on hacks in 6th Gen.

All the other data on these Pokemon checks out perfectly (Toucanon is 4IV or so which matches up with SOS chaining, the others are 5-6IV which is fine for bred stuff). Mostly wondering if I should be worried about Lurantis? Any thoughts? :0

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Hello everyone! I've gotten some new SM Shinies and noticed that some of the dates are weird. The net says we can still change the date/time of our DS and it'll change in the game (though time-based events will get messed up for 1-3 days), so I'm assuming people did this in order to get the weird dates. Here are the ones I have:
Toucanon | Lurantis | Mudsdale | Ribombee

Ribombee could have just been time zone changes (I get that all the time being in Japan with a US system), and Mudsdale isn't too bad either, but I'm more worried about the first two. I looked up that 3DS systems reset to 1/1/2011 which is the factory reset date, so maybe the person didn't notice that had happened (same year and all). Lurantis worries me the most since 1/1/2000 or something similar was the date on hacks in 6th Gen.

All the other data on these Pokemon checks out perfectly (Toucanon is 4IV or so which matches up with SOS chaining, the others are 5-6IV which is fine for bred stuff). Mostly wondering if I should be worried about Lurantis? Any thoughts? :0

What's the OT and ID on these guys? I can check it against some genners I'm aware of. The Lurantis in particular is reminiscent of a hacked one I have, so I'm more than a little suspicious.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
What's the OT and ID on these guys? I can check it against some genners I'm aware of. The Lurantis in particular is reminiscent of a hacked one I have, so I'm more than a little suspicious.
Oh cool! Here's the info:

TOUCANON: Blizzard 205986
LURANTIS: Nathan 272786
MUDSDALE: Mari 972721
RIBOMBEE: Ruiyang 118546

Idk if there's a resource for OTs/IDs like that (like how we knew of AusLov(e?) in 6th Gen) but if so I'd like the link for reference purposes!

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Oh cool! Here's the info:

TOUCANON: Blizzard 205986
LURANTIS: Nathan 272786
MUDSDALE: Mari 972721
RIBOMBEE: Ruiyang 118546

Idk if there's a resource for OTs/IDs like that (like how we knew of AusLov(e?) in 6th Gen) but if so I'd like the link for reference purposes!

Those don't match any of the genners I know of. Doesn't mean they're not hacked, though, just that I couldn't conclusively say that they are.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 28, 2017
I just got this Pokemon over wonder trade and wanted to make sure if it's hacked or not.

Charmander (Japanese)
Ball: Dream Ball
OT: つほ
ID: 401641
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Counter
Date Met: 1/30/17 egg hatched
Has the Gen 7 cross

Has perfect ivs in Attack, Special Defense and Speed, a very good Defense iv, and decent ivs in HP and Special Attack.

What makes me suspicious is the Dream Ball, since I don't know if those can be passed down via breeding.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I just got this Pokemon over wonder trade and wanted to make sure if it's hacked or not.

Charmander (Japanese)
Ball: Dream Ball
OT: つほ
ID: 401641
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Counter
Date Met: 1/30/17 egg hatched
Has the Gen 7 cross

Has perfect ivs in Attack, Special Defense and Speed, a very good Defense iv, and decent ivs in HP and Special Attack.

What makes me suspicious is the Dream Ball, since I don't know if those can be passed down via breeding.

Gen 1 starters were released as male gender-locked events that could be caught in dream balls in gen 5 in Japan. They're only now breedable due to the changes in breeding mechanics that now allow male pokemon to pass their ball down when bred with a ditto.

And yes, dream balls can be passed down.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Got a (traded) Ditto to evaluate:

Japanese Ditto
Level 100 (1,000,000 Exp. Points), No EVs
Shiny
Perfect IVs in all stats
Pokerus
Only knows Transform
Caught in a beast ball
Ability: Limber
Lax nature
Level met: 25
Met at Mount Hokulani
Date: 1/15/2017
No ribbons
ID Number: 887380
Stats:
237 HP
132 Attack, Special attack and speed
145 Defense
118 special defence

Looks awesome, but suspicious at the same time. This may be another legit Pokemon, since I can't seem to find any actual clues, other being shiny, level 100 and possessing pokerus. Should I start using it for breeding or release?

Probably hacked, the chances of catching in a beast ball, with shiny, and max iv's is incredibly low.

That said, it's a grey area with Ditto's in my experience, since while they may be hacked, any offspring (provided the other parent is legal) will be legitimate.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Yes, but it's still possible to do without hacking. I can't seem to find any other unusual characteristics. And it was at least caught in the right place. The guy who wonder traded it to me could've been incredibly lucky.
Not gonna go into details since Frozocrone already tl;dr'd it, but we're literally talking a once in a lifetime chance (that no one has ever gotten) that it's legit, and people rarely WT legit Pokemon like that. If you want to keep it and use it for breeding, that's probably fine; most people don't have issues with a hacked parent. I recommend not trading it around though.

CutePandaPlayz

PizzaCai
Years
I've got 2:

I was link trading and got a shiny Type:Null with pokerus. I think it's fake, but i'm new here and i'd just like to make sure. :D It's holding an eviolite and it's ability is Battle armor.

I got a shiny arceus event from link trading.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I've got 2:

I was link trading and got a shiny Type:Null with pokerus. I think it's fake, but i'm new here and i'd just like to make sure. :D It's holding an eviolite and it's ability is Battle armor.

I got a shiny arceus event from link trading.

Type: Null can be shiny.

There was a shiny Arceus event. Check if the Arceus has the correct ribbon, OT, TID, etc.

CRfkhG8.png

Road

beyond salvation
Years
A few hours ago, it was brought to my attention that it is impossible to catch Beldum in a heavy ball.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/841298847959781377

The guy here has apparently done the math and it supposedly proves that Beldum is impossible to catch in a heavy ball. Can anybody provide more proof of this one way or the other?
So I did the actual math (we're talking taking the formula for CatchValue from the Heavy Ball page on Serebii, calculating stats for a Lv. 25 Adamant Beldum with an HP IV of 0 and at 1 HP with Sleep, resourcing and comparing to formulas on Bulbapedia's Catch Rate page), and the value came out to -33.587. I am guessing negatives just come out as 0s and therefore a failure to catch. Since Heavy Ball's -20 is applied directly to CatchRate, and Beldum's is 3, that part of the equation will always be -17, theoretically making capture impossible. (If you'd like me to post the actual math I can, though I did it on paper hence why I didn't bother in this post lol.)

This is assuming there's no other factor we're missing (I did also calculate for Critical Capture and the values still don't pass), and assuming we aren't using Powersaves to make CatchValue always 100%.

If we wanna actually field test this, I'm happy to do so (literally go into the game and chuck Heavy Balls at Beldums for days).

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
So I did the actual math (we're talking taking the formula for CatchValue from the Heavy Ball page on Serebii, calculating stats for a Lv. 25 Adamant Beldum with an HP IV of 0 and at 1 HP with Sleep, resourcing and comparing to formulas on Bulbapedia's Catch Rate page), and the value came out to -33.587. I am guessing negatives just come out as 0s and therefore a failure to catch. Since Heavy Ball's -20 is applied directly to CatchRate, and Beldum's is 3, that part of the equation will always be -17, theoretically making capture impossible. (If you'd like me to post the actual math I can, though I did it on paper hence why I didn't bother in this post lol.)

This is assuming there's no other factor we're missing (I did also calculate for Critical Capture and the values still don't pass), and assuming we aren't using Powersaves to make CatchValue always 100%.

If we wanna actually field test this, I'm happy to do so (literally go into the game and chuck Heavy Balls at Beldums for days).

Well, its starting to look like my heavy ball beldum is illegal then.
Thanks for taking the time to double check the math.
There's no need to actually field test it unless you really want to, you don't have to do it just for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back