• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I SR'd my starter on SS and now I have a shiny Totodile ;D

Last edited:

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    awww, i wanted a shiny totodile but i forgot to SR and now i'm too far to start again otherwise all my hard work and effor willl be erased, not too mention those 60000 pokewalker steps that it took me 3 days to get

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I feel sorry for everyone who's ever found Shiny Magikarp. It's the most pointless shiny now, since everyone has shiny Gyarados, and the colour's no different.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    But a Shiny Magikarp with a different met level will be worth more if you're going to trade someone. :P

Anyways, I got a shiny Tentacool early on in Soul Silver. It's Hasty natured, so it'll probably end up EV trained as a wall breaker.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    if you are trying to hatch a shiny togepi for example with the soft reset method, would you save before you get the egg or right before it's about to hatch?

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Is it really worth it to keep soft reseting to find a shiny legendary

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Is it really worth it to keep soft reseting to find a shiny legendary
    It depends on what you plan to do with it.

1. If you're gonna trade it; yes.
    2. If you're obsessed with shiny Pokemon; yes.
    3. If you're just doing so to say you have it; why not?
    4. If you're just doing it because you're bored; no.
    if you are trying to hatch a shiny togepi for example with the soft reset method, would you save before you get the egg or right before it's about to hatch?
    Before you get the egg.

I'd just wait until later and put a Togetic/Togekiss in the daycare with a Japanese (or other language) Ditto. A lot quicker.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    ^Good point. I don't think I will.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    hehe after some SR's ,at least 300, i found my totodile shiny:P
    is the second shiny that i see, the first one was a RATTATA
    i hate this one, and i killed him without mercy in pokemon gold
    and.. yeah, I just have registered here to say this, i was reading here% i think, i will be a shiny hunter, because i'm really obsessed about rare things
    i'm from brazil , so if my english is not too good, hehe you already know why =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    My first shiny encounter was back in the original Gold. I caught a RED metapod, and I was really confused because I was a lot younger and had no idea what a shiny pokemon was. Then, I ran into a shiny Bidoof on Platinum..yay Next, I discovered how to rake in the shiny pokemon with the pokeradar! I filled up a complete box of shinies from using the pokeradar chaining. I haven't run into any wild shinies in Heart Gold, yet, but I'm sure gonna miss the pokeradar!

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    I ran into a shiny flaafy on my friends SS when I was trying to go to the pokemon center to trade him some items. He let me have the Flaafy in return for the items XD

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I found a Shiny Pidgetto. (Literally just 5 mins ago too) on my HG
    while I was looking for a Entei. and Shiny Pedgetto came to me, I was thinking, Maybe a Shiny will come to me.
    I named him Sora since my Pedgeot name is Sora, and imma use him on my team :D

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    My first Shiny (excluding Red Gyrados) was in Gold. I was surfing to Kanto from New Bark and encountered a Red Tentacule. Me being dumb and young killed it after bragging to my Bro that I found a red Tentecule, he still does not believe me today :P

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I found a Shiny Pidgetto. (Literally just 5 mins ago too) on my HG
    while I was looking for a Entei. and Shiny Pedgetto came to me, I was thinking, Maybe a Shiny will come to me.
    I named him Sora since my Pedgeot name is Sora, and imma use him on my team :D
    OMG.
    Today is literally a good day for me in shinies.
    I'm was playing HG, got a shiny Pedgetto today.
    Now, I turned on my SoulSilver to look for a Misdreavus at Mt Silver, and I ran into a Shiny Ursaring, dang today is a good day :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013

OMG.
    Today is literally a good day for me in shinies.
    I'm was playing HG, got a shiny Pedgetto today.
    Now, I turned on my SoulSilver to look for a Misdreavus at Mt Silver, and I ran into a Shiny Ursaring, dang today is a good day :D

If there was a scale for luckiness, you would have and "R" on a scale of 1 to Q

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back