• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Well she was the original girl in the games for crystal so people were all oh Kris has to be in and all but I dunno I just do not see the need for her to be in. I mean if these wer CRYSTAL remakes then yeah but they aren't.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • Well she was the original girl in the games for crystal so people were all oh Kris has to be in and all but I dunno I just do not see the need for her to be in. I mean if these wer CRYSTAL remakes then yeah but they aren't.

Yeah that's EXCACTLY mah point :cer_giggle:... its the gold and silver remake NOT crystal :cer_boogie: hehehe....

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't get how people could ever say she's modern, stylish, or cute. I mean, the OW could potentially look cute, but that's it. Besides, it's just not right.... I mean, even if she was the most beautiful girl that ever lived, IT'S JUST NOT NICE TO COME IN THERE AND REPLACE KRIS OUT OF THE BLUE FOR NO REASON!!!!!! Kris is great, what's wrong with Kris? There was no reason to replace her. I actually chose her in Crystal because I was excited about the new feature (lol don't judge me). She defined female characters for me! She defined female characters for the whole series, dammit!

That being said, I was only ranting for moral values. I'm being Gold either way, and Gold is even better than Kris (no offense, Kris).

Gamefreak remade them gamefreak. Sheesh is it so hard for people to remember that Nintendo are the publishers and that gamefreak are the developers of the games?
    Anyway people hate her cause she replaced their precious Kris.

To be honest, the new female hasn't replaced anyone. People have been stressing this whole ordeal the wrong way with the new female. She is just one character, one little extra to the game. Not to mention, Kris was never part of Gold and Silver, only Crystal. So, therefore Kris has a right not to come back to these remakes as it isn't a Crystal remake, but a Gold and Silver remake, which never included Kris in the first place.

So, if I were those who didn't like the new female protagonist, I wouldn't complain anymore as it won't change the fact that Kris is not included and that a new girl was implemented into the GSDS remakes. If you really want the nostalgic feel and go back to the way the originals were, then I suggest playing as Gold. If you want to see Kris again and be her, then I suggest you dig out your old Crystal version and play that for now. However, the new female is who she is and has not really replaced anyone seeing as no female was ever in Gold nor Silver.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Not to mention
    As far as I can tell everyone wants everything exactly the same
    Okay they could have made a port
    Oh joy!
    no heroine at all :D
    even better
    Same crappy graphics same old art no redesigns nothing new
    :D

Some people really need to take off those nostalgia goggles
    All the whining and crying over the silliest things is gonna prevent you from enjoying the game

I love soul, sure I was expecting Kris, but hey, At least she's cute, and that big ol puffy hat can protect her from objects droping from the sky/wut?

Years
  • I don't like her D= I was really dissapointed when I saw that Kris won't be in the game... Well I should say that. The new appearence could be good for a brand new pokémon game but not for a 2rd gen remake. We just need Kris in there... That's my opinion about it.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the new girl. I love Kris for nostalgia's sake, as Crystal was the first Pokemon game I played where I could use a female character. After that, I really couldn't find another female character that I liked as well as Kris. I think I would like the new girl better if she were wearing a different outfit. I'm not crazy about the big puffy hat (I think it makes her head look too...roundish) or the overalls. But who knows...she'll probably end up growing on me as the game progresses. Not much we can do about it except make the best of it.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • To be honest, the new female hasn't replaced anyone. People have been stressing this whole ordeal the wrong way with the new female. She is just one character, one little extra to the game. Not to mention, Kris was never part of Gold and Silver, only Crystal. So, therefore Kris has a right not to come back to these remakes as it isn't a Crystal remake, but a Gold and Silver remake, which never included Kris in the first place.

So, if I were those who didn't like the new female protagonist, I wouldn't complain anymore as it won't change the fact that Kris is not included and that a new girl was implemented into the GSDS remakes. If you really want the nostalgic feel and go back to the way the originals were, then I suggest playing as Gold. If you want to see Kris again and be her, then I suggest you dig out your old Crystal version and play that for now. However, the new female is who she is and has not really replaced anyone seeing as no female was ever in Gold nor Silver.
    Well jeez, if you wanna be so much like Gold and Silver, why don't you just not have a female character at all?! In fact, why don't you just shove a Game Boy Color game in the DS case! That would make it more like the original Gold and Silver! Hell, it is the original Gold and Silver! Wouldn't that just be peaches and melons?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? It's just disrespectful. Kris is the original Johto girl, and now she's the only main protagonist that is only in 1 game! Be respectful to your characters, Game Freak!

I mean, I'm absolutely crazy about the remakes, and I wouldn't change anything else, I just want everyone to understand that Kris is not just something to throw in a dumpster.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well jeez, if you wanna be so much like Gold and Silver, why don't you just not have a female character at all?! In fact, why don't you just shove a Game Boy Color game in the DS case! That would make it more like the original Gold and Silver! Hell, it is the original Gold and Silver! Wouldn't that just be peaches and melons?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? It's just disrespectful. Kris is the original Johto girl, and now she's the only main protagonist that is only in 1 game! Be respectful to your characters, Game Freak!

Thats some angry punctuation you got their.
    would you prefer thy ruined the design and character of Kris? would you like that? if the fandom is being stupid over a whole new character, i can only imagine the reactions if their precious Krys was ruinedFOREVER!!1111ONE
    Anyways...

Disrespectful? SHES A DRAWING! She isn't real. GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN!!
    Jeez...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Not amazing, but I like it.

lol Fighting Ash's level 82 Pikachu with her...

Pika's gonna sweep my team with Light Ball Thunderbolt & Iron Tail : O

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I'm with Doctor Looooove.
    She's a drawing. And guess what? Game Freak decided that they wanted a new heroine. It's their choice, because they're the creators that bring us these games. If they want a new character, we have no choice. It's not like it's going to make much a difference, anyway. You're only going to really see that drawing... what?... when you look at your trainer card.

And hopefully looking at the back of her head won't be so bad for you during battle. Or the overworld sprite.

I don't really get how this character is going to ruin the game. If you keep dreading on the past known as Kris just because there's a new character, you're going to miss out on hyping about the new awesome features. You don't have to like the new girl... I'm not saying that. But she's just one character. Your character never really makes much of a difference in gameplay.

/puts arms up in front of self in a protective position

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • -.- Yeah, a drawing... that you're going to be staring at through the whole game.... sure, the OW sprite might not lok bad, but we haven't seen it, have we? So we don't know if it looks bad. I liked Dawn better than this person.... though I guess she looks better than May in Ruby and Sapphire. Still... 3 protagonists with brown hair? TT.TT Its such an uninteresting hair color.... and the pigtails.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    -.- Yeah, a drawing... that you're going to be staring at through the whole game.... sure, the OW sprite might not lok bad, but we haven't seen it, have we? So we don't know if it looks bad. I liked Dawn better than this person.... though I guess she looks better than May in Ruby and Sapphire. Still... 3 protagonists with brown hair? TT.TT Its such an uninteresting hair color.... and the pigtails.
    Solution = don't play as her
    you wont have to always be staring at her that way

YAY PROBLEM SOLVED

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • I don't hate her, but I don't love her either. I just can't shake off the feeling that she resembles Mario. And that hat...Ah well, they haven't shown her sprite ingame yet, so maybe she'll look better then. Besides, they never clarified what your other playable main character would do, storyline wise, so I won't start bashing her yet.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I'm with Doctor Looooove.
    She's a drawing. And guess what? Game Freak decided that they wanted a new heroine. It's their choice, because they're the creators that bring us these games. If they want a new character, we have no choice. It's not like it's going to make much a difference, anyway. You're only going to really see that drawing... what?... when you look at your trainer card.

And hopefully looking at the back of her head won't be so bad for you during battle. Or the overworld sprite.

I don't really get how this character is going to ruin the game. If you keep dreading on the past known as Kris just because there's a new character, you're going to miss out on hyping about the new awesome features. You don't have to like the new girl... I'm not saying that. But she's just one character. Your character never really makes much of a difference in gameplay.

/puts arms up in front of self in a protective position
    I don't think anybody's really understanding what I'm trying to say. Let me say this slowly so everyone gets this.

Kris
    had
    potential
    as
    a
    good
    character
    and
    I
    just
    don't
    get
    why
    she
    needs
    to
    be
    replaced.

And if anyone replies to this post, I'm just going to delete it. You guys didn't need to bash me on the first post and start this argument.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So, we have an overworld sprite for her now.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, either it is a Marill starter... or just a Marill which she happens to be walking with, and isn't necessarily the one she started with? =/ Hmm.

She seems decent, I suppose, in that sprite. The hat is certainly noticeable. XD

Anyone know what she says there?

Years
  • I think her sprite is so adorable. Way nicer than I pictured. :D I'm definitely playing as her. Squee! I love that bow. (I first saw this pic on the wii and zoomed in.) I think I might like her character better than Dawn... Her Marill is so cute. I want one (...even though I have a level 80 Azumarill in Platinum.) I just might prevent some Pokemon from evolving in this game. XD Hooray for the new girl! Wee! I love the hat! ^_^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So, we have an overworld sprite for her now.

Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Okay, lets start off with the OW sprite of the new female is a lot better than I expected. The hat is definitely noticeable, but overall she is well detailed in the game. I definitely like her look and I think [hope] more people will stop bashing on the new female seeing as her OW sprite was done exceptionally well I would think.

I like her, I did since her new art was shown, but this tops it off. Plus, to know that she has Pokémon following her as well is great benefit. The reason why is because it just might mean when Silver gets his starter, it may follow him too. However, she has a Marill, so I'm hoping that is just a Pokémon she chooses to have outside. I'd really like for her to obtain the third starter, as I think it might make the game better off, but we'll see what happens. Overall, she definitely turned out to be something good from what I can see here.

Back