• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • @StratusJm: Yep, Roserade was my fav as well I had to get one in Diamond and Platinum. I've always liked Roselia but seeing Roserade changed everything ^__^ Look on the Favourite Sinnoh Pokemon thread on the DPPt section, you'll see I said Roserade.

I also like Heracross and Skarmory as they are but if they get evos, I hope they'll be as awesome as Roserade :)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    ... GRANBULL. it has been proven to be the most forgotten pokemon. and hey wait. isnt there already a thread for this? Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. i believe it was called. so take it over there.

nope this is the official rumours thread but there doesnt appear to be any new rumours so we are discussing this instead :)

@StratusJm: Yep, Roserade was my fav as well I had to get one in Diamond and Platinum. I've always liked Roselia but seeing Roserade changed everything ^__^ Look on the Favourite Sinnoh Pokemon thread on the DPPt section, you'll see I said Roserade.

I also like Heracross and Skarmory as they are but if they get evos, I hope they'll be as awesome as Roserade :)

oh no im fairly sure neither of them will get evos sorry! ya see back in the third gen roselia was NU but skarmony and heracross are OU and as far as i know an OU pokemon has never gotten an evo before but maybe if their popularity slides ALOT they will get evos but not this gen :(

and i find it hard to believe anything could be as awesome as roserade :)

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • ... GRANBULL. it has been proven to be the most forgotten pokemon. and hey wait. isnt there already a thread for this? Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. i believe it was called. so take it over there.
    I would LOVVVE for my Granbull to get and evolution!

Roserade is one of my favorites too.=)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    This, even though it's already been answered. That and pachirisu...idk it's useless enough as it is and doesn't really need a pre-evo, imo. :(

The poor thing can barely fight by itself. Giving Pachirisu a pre-evolution would be like giving Bonsly a pre-evolution.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • oh no im fairly sure neither of them will get evos sorry! ya see back in the third gen roselia was NU but skarmony and heracross are OU and as far as i know an OU pokemon has never gotten an evo before but maybe if their popularity slides ALOT they will get evos but not this gen :(
    Dusclops was OU in RSE and got an evo. Rhydon was BL IIRC and also got an evo. Remember that tiers have nothing to do with GF.

Heck, even Sudowoodo can barely fight, granted that it's not in trick room or anything.
    Agreed, Sudowoodo's crappy speed makes it useless. Unless it has a CS or Substitute set; and it'd still be better with TR support.

Now, Sudowoodo could use an evolution, but it's not necessary IMO. There are plenty of others who NEED an evolution; and seeing how they noticed that with Luvdisc, I think that Pokémon along the lines of Mawile, Zangoose, Seviper and Tropius are next.

Personally, I'm dying for a Chimecho evolution. It is my favorite Pokémon a Pokémon with great potential, a pretty good concept, amazing movepool but swallow BST.

I'd love to see something like this as a Sudowoodo evo:
    Official Rumours Thread

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Evolving by learning Rock throw Sudowoodo learns that too early I would've put rock tomb or rock slide instead.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Evolve up by attack? o_o

I think to evolve it should be via an event or something like idk, you go to a certain place, Sudowoodo is released from its Pokeball, it stands there and... gets watered? XD;

Or alternatively and less complicated, item. :D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Evolving by learning Rock throw Sudowoodo learns that too early I would've put rock tomb or rock slide instead.
    Seriously. Sudowoodo/Bonsly learn Rock Throw before Mimic, which is the attack necessary to evolve Bonsly to Sudowoodo. But Rock Slide, at level thirty-three, would be the better attack, since it's the stronger between Tomb and Slide.

On the flip side, I do like Nica's idea, which references back to how Sudowoodo was originally introduced in the games.

The evolution looks kind of awkward though.

And I'm not going to dig back through the thread to find who said it, but I agree with the person who said that Pokemon should get [pre-]evolutions to help them battle. That's why I would like the idea of a Sudowoodo evo, or the Luvdisc evolution.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • This is the first Pokemon where I can say that I'm truly disappointed with. ._. But as I said, it's one of the...more insignificant ones, so yeah, I'm trying to look past this.

If its a fire pokemon I will be happy.

Fire equivalent of Bibarel anyone?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Minezumi Evo:

Official Rumours Thread

It screams fire type.

We got a Normal/Water last gen, so why wouldn't we get a Normal/Fire?

I love how it's a new pokemon because they stretched Minezumi by [at least] two feet.
    It looks more angry with those eyes, I'm guessing it's fighting type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back