• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • 2. No, because if they were going to throw out old pokemon to get evolutions, they wouldn't have given Eevee another one.
    Derp, how could I forget about Sylveon. XD

Thanks for sharing the fanart... I'm absolutely amazed (and absolutely happy) that Gamefreak wasn't afraid to be inspired by fan works due to "copyright reasons."

Could you guys link me to a source, maybe a dA upload, that confirms this fanwork was made before the scan leaks?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Though I do not like Dedenne very much since it looks like a baby raichu, I have to say I am loving the Elec/Fairy. Maybe this will keep Pikachu and its line form becomeing fairies.

Horubii I really like, it is probably the closest rabbit that actually looks like a real rabbit. Though this might be considered the roddent of the generation, I hope his evo becomes a normal/ground or something. Though I wouldn't find very much.

Meekuru, I am neutral on. I like it, but I like Gogoat better.

I really love how normal Mawile is a Steel/Fairy now.

Thanks for sharing the fanart... I'm absolutely amazed (and absolutely happy) that Gamefreak wasn't afraid to be inspired by fan works due to "copyright reasons."

Could you guys link me to a source, maybe a dA upload, that confirms this fanwork was made before the scan leaks?
    I think it may have been Xander to find it, but don't take my word on that. I'll see if I can find it myself. I know the person who did post it though said it took them a while to find it. So i don't know 100% if it was before. i would be surprised if someone could draw that well that fast honestly, but hey there are some amazing artists out there.

Last edited:

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • My initial reaction to the "Mega Evolutions" left me stunned and confused, but throughout the day I've quickly grew onto the idea. It's cool that GameFreak is making these sudden changes to their mechanics, and shows they aren't afraid to add drastic changes into their system.

To sum up my other posts from the two threads regarding this, I like the new Pokemon, baby Gogoat was highly expected, the Mega forms will really spice things up in the competitive department, since now they will have to give up a hold item in order to transform temporarily.

Also, to add excitement, next month (according to serebii) will "feature new Pokémon, new Mega Evolutions and type chart featuring the Fairy-type"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay... if these formes are only temporary in battle they're complicating things too much... like... I'm done thinking about them until more clear information is released... and until MegaRoserade is confirmed.

Like, as of now, does Ampharos learn any Dragon-Typed moves? What happens to those possible moves once the Mega turns are over?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

The image came out like 2 or 3 hours after I read the Mega Pokemon news. I had been searching for it.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Now that it's been confirmed that they will be called Mega....
    I think that's really stupid.
    And that it's been stated that not all pokemon will have mega evolutions....
    So normal evolutionary stones, will they have a factor in it?

That Ampharos Warp digivolution picture has me thinking
    What if pokemon also changes the Evolution animations?
    And what will the Megaevolution animation be like?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Ok now that the three threads have been merged, I will give my thoughts on these Mega Forms.

I'm not sure what to say here. It's being said that these Mega Evolution might only happen during battle and will be temporary. If that's for sure true, then I have no problem them cause then I can change them back whenever or choose not to change them at all.. It's an interesting concept I guess. I'm just not certain about some of their designs. Mega Blaziken and MegaLucario in particular. I like the designs of the other three though, especially MegaMawile. Plus I like that Mawile is now Steel/Fairy cause it's been expected to be retyped even before the Fairy type was introduced. MegaAmpharos being Electric/Dragon's not bad. If they're permanent evolutions then I'm not too sure. I'm gonna wit for more info before judging fully.

Side note: I Like the new Gym leader who specializes in Mega Pokemon or whatever. Cute design.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Now that it's been confirmed that they will be called Mega....
    I think that's really stupid.
    And that it's been stated that not all pokemon will have mega evolutions....
    So normal evolutionary stones, will they have a factor in it?

That Ampharos Warp digivolution picture has me thinking
    What if pokemon also changes the Evolution animations?
    And what will the Megaevolution animation be like?

Localized versions still haven't been updated. Its still Mega Forms just for Japan right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Xander. I think our rock gym leader will be the rock clumber due to his hair style and hobby. While our new gym leader is linked to Megastones she may not be a rock gym leader but Steel like Steven stone. Or maybe Fairy. I think that purple crystal in the map will be either her gym or the tower linked to Mega evolutions.

I hope we get some Mega Unova mons as we didn't get any this time...we did get 3 (of my favorite) Hoenn Pokémon with them though so I'm happy.

norbyotter

Victory Starling
    Years
  • Oh ho ho wow! Well, I don't really like the mega forms much, but I do like the concept. Mid-battle "evolution" into a super charged version sounds great for me. I'm glad it's not a permanent evolution tho! D:

And about the new Pokémon, I absolutely LOVE the pika-hamster. I was hoping for the regional rodent to be a hamster, gerbil, guinea pig or something similar, but it being the regional pika-clone is so great. Totally getting one in my team even if it doesn't evolve like Emolga.

It's sad some Pokémon won't be getting new evolutions with the Mega forms confirmed... But I guess it's okay. This solves the problem in case Sableye gets a Mega form, not being upped by Eviolite's power.

I would love to see a Mega Victini. Or Mega Smeargle. Ohh yes!

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Oh ho ho wow! Well, I don't really like the mega forms much, but I do like the concept. Mid-battle "evolution" into a super charged version sounds great for me. I'm glad it's not a permanent evolution tho! D:

And about the new Pokémon, I absolutely LOVE the pika-hamster. I was hoping for the regional rodent to be a hamster, gerbil, guinea pig or something similar, but it being the regional pika-clone is so great. Totally getting one in my team even if it doesn't evolve like Emolga.

It's sad some Pokémon won't be getting new evolutions with the Mega forms confirmed... But I guess it's okay. This solves the problem in case Sableye gets a Mega form, not being upped by Eviolite's power.

I would love to see a Mega Victini. Or Mega Smeargle. Ohh yes!

Oh gawd...Sableye is op on it's own. It may not be the strongest of pokemon, but its resistances and immunities make it hard to take down.
    If it had a mega, it'd be a feat to behold...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Boy did I pick a bad generation to get involved with competitive battling.

Currently, I'm not really feeling the mega forms (that sounds so much like either Power Rangers). Some of them could be considered necessary for the Pokemon who got them, like Mawile and maybe Absol. I'm really not sure about the Lucario one, since Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I don't know what the mega form will mean for it. The more I hear about these mega forms, the more I might warm up to them.

I can't get over these names though. "MegaLucario." "MegaBlaziken." "Megadramon."

The three new revealed Pokemon I really like. Meekuru is adorable, I really like the design of Horubii, and Dedenne needs to be on my team right now. I always like the electric rodents of the generations, and hamsters are my favorite rodents. To finally have one and have it be the Fairy type just makes me happy.

norbyotter

Victory Starling
    Years
  • Oh gawd...Sableye is op on it's own. It may not be the strongest of pokemon, but its resistances and immunities make it hard to take down.
    If it had a mega, it'd be a feat to behold...

Thinking about it, giving it a Mega form would be as OP as giving it the chance to use Eviolite o_o

I know this because I repeatedly beat my cousin's casually trained uber team with just Sableye and few other 'mon xD Without it, he can defeat my "semi" trained team, but I guess that's because I'm no master at EV training and such, much less care for great IV's xwx

Ah! And I love the bunny Pokémon as well. Being a digging rabbit I'm sure these paw-shaped ears are for digging, so neat xD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I was surprised by the Mega Pokemon but I think that they are all really cool looking. I really like the MegaMawille because it looks fierce :D AND OMG Absol is gorgeous *___* I kind of wish that Ampharos was designed a little differently because I find it kind of hard to take seriously. I do like it though; I just wish it didn't look like it was wearing a wig.

I really like the rabbit pokemon but I think it should have been Normal/Ground since it is supposed to be the "Digging Pokemon."And also... DEDENEE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER! :3 <3 It is now my favorite from this generation because it looks like a baby Raichu <3

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    MegaMawile is underrated. The pink was just the touch she needed to actually slay aesthetically...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well I'm a bit disapointed and excited about the Mega forms. I don't even know if I will even use them once, since I never used the online battle don't know what will be the utility outside of this if it's battle only, Mawile will probably never evolve just because of the Mega form.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Late to the party but I like Meekuru; it's freakin' adorable. A few of the Mega Evolutions are starting to grow on me, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, so the Mega Evolutions have increased stats compared to the original versions, like MegaLucario's increased Attack and MegaAbsol's increased Attack and Speed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I see them changing the term Mega evolutions to something else for localization to avoid stepping on digimon's toes (Digivolution itself was once going to be called evolution but decided not to in order to avoid issues with Pokémon).

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Considering it's a temporary battle status, like an ailment, I think they're pretty cool. 8) Even if the names could be a little better... we'll probably end up with better localized names.

...dude that bunny thing is hideous though. It's got the derpiest look on its face. o_O

Nothing is as derpy as Bidoof. Nothing. But I agree with you, it isn't the best looking 'mon going around.

Back