• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Best application I've seen of the Mega evolution so far.

I probably still would never use Kangashan but it's a really cool concept. The ability is sick too.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It's definitely Xatu and Braviary... There is something under Braviary but it isn't a Pokemon lol.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Can attack twice in one turn. That sounds alittle unfair. Does anyone else agree it's alittle OP.
    O.o nobody else seen the other two pokemon in the picView attachment 69195?

its probably braviary and natu

It's just the angle of the image that's making them look "off".

Take the time to zoom in. They are diffrent pokemon. The angel doesn't matter.

The one on top looks like a Braviary from my perspective. I agree that, as SolarAbusoru said, it's the angle that's making the Pokemon look off. This alternate-angle picture from Bulbanews confirms that the Pokemon situated below is a Xatu.

BRUdK1UCQAEY4nW.jpg

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • He's not red and white. Also the thing Braviery is carrying is a pokemon. I swear I see a face on it.

Yes, Braviary is carrying Smeargle.
    And that serebii screenshots shows Green and white, not red and white.
    It's the vancouver art, it's not something brand new.
    What is brand new is Mega Kangaskhan, so focus back on that.

Years
  • something that seems weird to me is that the younger kanga seems to be growning to something different and not to kanga.
    it has some spot at the center of his belly(which kanga doesn't have), maybe thats why there is no kanga pre-evo, because its baby its not kanga at all(or mabye a male kangaskhan).

Years
  • Whatever you guys say. XD. That new picture above is a diffrent one. Consideing the Kangash is the other direction. Bottom right corner on the pic on serebii. I didn't know Xatus wings had a face.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Kangaskhan looks great in its normal form, so I'm glad they didn't bother to make it unnecessarily complicated. The baby fighting outside of its pouch is brilliant, I'm definitely having a MegaKanga on my team :D

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Whatever you guys say. XD. That new picture above is a diffrent one. Consideing the Kangash is the other direction.

There's only one large screen at the world championships >w>

Now, back to the focus here, Kangaskhan.

And how it's ability will be handled, cause 2 max power attacks would be quite overkill. Especially if paired with multi hit moves.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This.. is brilliant! I'm sure the Mega Kankaskhan will change many people's opinion on the Mega Evolution now ;)
    13556_502424743177151_531052961_n.jpg

On a smaller note - It has also been confirmed that the Pokémon X & Y soundtrack will be available worldwide in November 2013 on iTunes.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Wow, Mega Kangaskhan. This just proves that Mega evolution doesn't necessarily have to alter a Pokemon's aesthetics, but just releasing its full potential, whatever it may be.

I don't think it's that OP, seeing as Kangaskhan is NU. It needs this boost, kind of like how Mega Mawile received Huge Power. This just means it will no longer have Scrappy, but it's a far better trade off having its newer ability.

Also, with that model of the baby Kangaskhan being in the game, I still believe that they can use that model for a baby Kangaskhan Pokemon. I'm all in for that!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    View attachment 69198Lol well thay previous pic had no braviery. And last I checked no pokemon has this feature at ANY angle

The top bit is Xatu. Clearly. Just above your circle is it's head.

The second bit could be anything at all. EDIT// Xatu is resting on it, it could be a tree or perhaps the new tree pokémon.

I'd imagine that there is a catch to this 'two attacks' thing. It might be that the baby-attack is at half power, or perhaps it just does an independent, slash/scratch attack once per turn.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yes, its Braviary carrying Smeargle. Its the same image as the Vancouver artwork. Different angles so no you aren't going to see the entire thing, but they only make ONE version for the entire tournament. The official artwork for the tournament is always on the television as decoration.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Woah, I saw someone saying the Mega Kangaskhan and thought it was some kind of joke...But I can't believe it's real.

Hehe, it looks nice.

Back