• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • mega absol in my opinion.
    unlike most people i never liked absol, but now i really like it, i think they design it in a way that it wouldn't be over design but still we can see significant change.

hopefully i could use it in the main story

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • The only one I like so far is Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskan. The rest seem to be horribly overdesigned.

This, more or less. I don't know what it is with Pokemon and overdesigning these days. Like there's some kind of contest going on in house on who can make the most contrived looking creature.

Otherwise, I still have a soft spot for Mawile even if I stopped paying them attention almost altogether. And the Kangaskhan one is sort of like "well, duh", though making its kid a pre-evo would just make more sense. The only pre-evo that makes sense as far as I can even remember. Well, then there's Smoochum...

Ampharos is brilliant in that we see what became of all that fluff it lost at Flaaffy (<3), but I could take it or leave it. I still prefer Flaafs either way.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Mawile without a doubt, Mawile was originally a Pokémon that was in my top favorites but now.. it's just got even more awesome.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Mega Blaziken is by far my favorite, with Mega Ampharos in second. The others are kinda meh. I actually like Mega Blaziken more than regular Blaziken and Ampharos is a sheep, so it needed more wool :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So will Torchic be available early on in-game? The event distribution begins October 12th and I assume you can begin downloading as soon as you can access the PSS or something? If so then I can see a lot of people having Torchic on their main team from the game start.

Years
  • So will Torchic be available early on in-game? The event distribution begins October 12th and I assume you can begin downloading as soon as you can access the PSS or something? If so then I can see a lot of people having Torchic on their main team from the game start.

i think so too, i believe that i gonna be of the few that won't use(i just don't like the torchic line, even though the mega form look nice)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i think so too, i believe that i gonna be of the few that won't use(i just don't like the torchic line, even though the mega form look nice)

I won't be using it either, I'll download it ofc but I'll be saving my team of six to the completely new Kalos Pokémon! ;;

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Am I the Only One who thinks they're choosing the wrong Pokemon for Mega Evolutions?

Okay just to be clear, I'm not opposed to the mega evolution thing. I think it has potential. However, I feel like they are choosing the wrong Pokémon to mega evolve. I mean, look at Mega Mawile, Mega Absol, and even Mega Lucario and tell me why they didn't just make these regular evolutions for said Pokémon, Mega Mawile especially. I would actually love it if Mega Mawile was just an evolution for Mawile. The only ones that really feel like they should be "Mega" are Blaziken, Ampharos, and Mewtwo. And what do those three have in common? They already feel as "evolved" as possible. They either already have a three-stage evolution chain, making the mega evolution feel as if its more justified being called "Mega" or they are legendary, again making the "mega" form more justifiable because there's this sense that they shouldn't "evolve" regularly.

IMO, they should only have mega evolution for Pokémon that already have a three-stage evolution chain or legendary Pokémon.

Instead of Mawile and Absol, they should have chosen pokémon like Gengar and Pidgeot.

Years
  • Well, I agree partially with what you said. I agree that Mawile's Mega-evolution should have just been an evolution. I feel that Gamefreak will just go slapping Mega-evolutions onto Pokémon that need evolutions. What I don't necessarily agree with are the only three-stagers and legendary Pokémon getting evolutions. Pokémon like Lucario are already powerful enough in a two-stage evolution line. Absol as well, he just needed some more speed and I think giving him an evolution would be a bit too much just to raise some speed. It would almost force Gamefreak to raise all of it's stats. Giving it a Mega-evolution allows them to raise only attack and speed and get away with it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm using it. However the rest will proably be all Kalos Pokémon.

Exactly two months until release...we're in the final mile of waiting which can sometimes be the hardest but we're close :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Make this happen:
    hDDB30171

Years
  • I am so using an Ampharos now. I didn't have an Electric type in Black and Black 2 but the fact that Mega Ampharos is going to be Electric/Dragon is so amazing!!!

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
    Years
  • IMO, they should only have mega evolution for Pokémon that already have a three-stage evolution chain or legendary Pokémon.

Instead of Mawile and Absol, they should have chosen pokémon like Gengar and Pidgeot.

I don't know, some Pokemon are fine without an evolution, and Pokemon like Lucario did not need another true evolution.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    2 months; looks like an eternity.

I will use a full team of kalos region at the start of the game, depending on what kind of pokemon appears during gameplay I may change; it can be because of HM, of course there's a possibility of a HM only pokemon.

There's a pokemon I want an official evolution, not a mega evolution, or at least fix it's stats and then later give it a mega evolution.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • I personally think mega evolutions should only be given to Pokemon that really deserve it, like Dunsparce and Delibird!

Lucario, Mewtwo, Absol, Blaziken, Ampharos and Kangaskhan are already powerful enough. They don't need some super special form because it doesn't give them a well needed boost. Instead, it makes them look cooler and be cooler.

Pokemon with bad stats compared to others, Pokemon that are almost always ignored and Pokemon people can't even remember deserve these boosts. They need the stat upgrade and epic designs, not Pokemon that already are epic enough.

Back