• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, just give up already

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Are you quick to give up on things?
    No explanation necessary.

It depends on what I'm doing. Most of the time I'd rather just give up than ask for help, though. Which is completely stupid, I know.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Depends on what the thing is. If it's of no real importance, I'll give up if it doesn't work the first time.

If it matters, though, or if it's something I'm passionate about, I'll keep trying till it's at the point where I want it to be, or damn close enough.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • Nope, I really don't like giving up. Unless I know I absolutely cannot do it and even then I might still keep trying.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I can be pretty persistent when it come to most situations. If there's something I want or want to go somewhere, most of the time I will keeping asking and bothering people for a while before I give up.

Years
  • Seriously what is with the maths hate V______V

It depends, sometimes I can be real stubborn and refuse to submit but other times I'm like ehhh yeah whatever I give up.

Years
  • Yes, I do give up on things after I loose interest in them. I have no staying power. I need a constant stream of new things to keep me interested. Well, that's me at my worst anyway. I do keep up with things when I realize the importance of them, like all this adult responsibility of having a job and stuff which I've been doing for much longer than I would have thought I could stand back when I was in middle or high school.
    Seriously what is with the maths hate V______V

It depends, sometimes I can be real stubborn and refuse to submit but other times I'm like ehhh yeah whatever I give up.
    I never gave up on math. I took calculus twice. I failed the first time. :/

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • No, i have a hard time coping if i set out to do a task and find its too difficult. However, i wont give up, even if it means doing extra, asking for help, or just trying my best.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'm very persistent so I'll keep trying and trying until I get bored of it or until it looks like I have no chance of accomplishing it.

I try to not give up because it feels better when you accomplish something knowing you could have just given up.

Years
  • If it's something small, especially when it comes to writing or video games. Man it wasn't that important anyway right? ;)

On the bigger things in life, I'd like to think I don't give up easily. But I'm lazy so I probably do. :(

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I give up on something if I feel it's gonna be more effort than what it's worth. I don't think it's weak, it's just being realistic. I don't care about "finishing what you started" because to some things there's just no point. I used to have a hard time letting go and moving on but I'm pretty much the opposite now. It's really liberating to be able to forget about something and not care anymore lol.

Years
  • I'm quick to give up on maths problems but not so quick to give up trying to catch that Feebas I so desperably need.

I can give up on things that I can't afford to keep thinking or caring about. It can be very hard though. I can't say that I am not a persistent person because I'm as indecisive as...an indecisive person.

If I were giving up on substances I would imagine it would be quite difficult.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • It depends.

If I set my heart on doing something then I would sooner black out from exaustion then decide that I can't do it.
    "Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality-in your own mind." - Bruce Lee

However, if i'm not so interested in it then i'll try a few times and give up.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it." - W. C. Fields

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Giving up is a word that doesn't exist in my dictionary. I will always try my level best to complete whatever that is thrown my way, no matter the difficulty. I might ask for help along the way, but I will always press on. There have been times where I have felt like giving up, but that is only normal for a human. If I am not particularly interested in what I'm doing, I will try and try again until I come close to what I feel is my best effort. I do put some things off after trying, so I might have given up a few times, but that's probably because I'm lazy lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I get really enthusiastic about huge tedious projects then lose interest half way through and forget they ever existed lol.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Perhaps my biggest flaw is being a quitter. I give up on a lot of things, which is why I usually take a lot of pride in things that I commit to, even if it's something small like a Pokemon game I haven't restarted in several years or a really nice drawing or story.

Unfortunately, quitting is a habit I've started to do as far as school and working goes ahaha... I really need to quit quitting.​

Back