• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, seriously? You've got to be kidding me!

Years
  • Sims 2. Dude needs one more friend for his promotion, all other conditions had been fulfilled for a while. It's the last day before he won't have to work for a while in his current profession. That, however, might be different with a promotion. So my dude gets up early in the morning and just barely manages to get the relations value with some granny he met just the day before but didn't manage to befriend yet because he was too tired from maybe 30 or 35 up to 55 (anything above 50 is considered friends) in the one hour between the point you can start phoning people and the point he has to go to work. At 16:00 work ends and exactly at that time the following message pops up in the top right corner: "I-don't-remember-her-name is no longer a family friend". At 16:05 or 16:10, dude gets out of the car, no promotion.

Relations in the game decay by 2 or 1 points a day or something if you don't interact with other characters for a while, but after 8 hours? Seriously? And did that old person's for me invisible opinion about my character have to be exactly 50 or 51, and not something like 55 like my character's opinion of her? Seriously?

You, too, probably know these moments when games just seem to hate you and don't seem to be shy of using any means necessary to ruin the player's good mood. Supposedly they can lead to reactions like this, more likely is something comparatively moderate such as the following:

I didn't even do that since not showing negative emotions is one of the few things I am actually good at, but it was pretty frustrating regardless. Obviously, as otherwise I wouldn't have had the idea for this thread.

What are your experiences with video games being video games behaving like spiteful demons spawned by Satan himself? Are there any particular examples you remember and would like to share with us? Do you react with indifference or even find these situations funny in some way or do they make you want to take a heavy club (with a nail in it, ideally), go out on the street use it to beat the first person you meet to a pulp or cause similar extreme feelings?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Mario Kart 7 can be a pain. Especially when you get hit by a spiny shell in the last lap, undoing all of your hard work.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Mario Kart DS. I was in 1st place playing against someone that doesn't even has videogames (before you ask, someone lend her a DS). Then, just before I could cross the finish line she hits me with three red shells. I felt slightly embarrased after that stupid defeat.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Mudo/Hama in Shin Megami Tensei is the worst thing I've ever had to encounter. I already hate completely luck based OHKO spells, but I get beyond mad if there's leader death.

On the other hand, I have very little problem with OHKO spells if they make sense; Doom in Final Fantasy XIII comes to mind, even if leader death still exists.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Any game with an online multiplayer has the ability to make me rage (specifically Call of Duty).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Sonic Rush Adventure
    Racing Johnny on the water bike to get the last Chaos Emerald.
    About to hit the finish line, he's right next to me.
    He slams into my side. I lose.
    Bear in mind, I had tried this race a good 20 times before getting to this point.

EDIT: Another time in Sonic Rush Adventure.
    Time attack mission where you have just barely enough time to beat it.
    Dashing my way toward the goal, I'm almost there with very little time left.
    The amount of space between me and the goal chest can be summed up by the space between each letter in an individual word in this sentence. Time runs out right there.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • What are your experiences with video games being video games behaving like spiteful demons spawned by Satan himself? Are there any particular examples you remember and would like to share with us? Do you react with indifference or even find these situations funny in some way or do they make you want to take a heavy club (with a nail in it, ideally), go out on the street use it to beat the first person you meet to a pulp or cause similar extreme feelings?

Oooooooh, way too many times, in way too many games, in way too many different situations. Almost every time I play one of my games I find a reason to rage, whether silently or violently.

For example: for the past few days, I've been playing as Terra in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Now, attacking physically is not my fort[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e001d14f8#940a00]é, but with Terra it's just . . . it's like the game is sending me every single challenge which is near impossible to brave with physical attacks. There were also moments when I was fighting bosses (damn Terra-Xehanort damn him) where either none of my attacks hit, all of their attacks hit, and/or I would get them down to a point where their health is so low you can hardly see it and my health is completely full and then-BAM, I lose. It didn't help that Terra-Xehanort could heal. That was just wrong.

Luckily, about ten minutes before I started typing this post, I managed to finally defeat Terra-Xehanort thanks to the fact I found myself ridiculously overlevelled after a visit to the Mirage Arena. Finally, I'm content.

My reactions to games when they just wish to spite me to no end? Sometimes I can contain myself and just glare at the screen, other times I find myself insulting the characters (in this case, Terra, calling him worthless and whatnot) or threatening to break the game/console. Other times, I slam down the controller/console(if it's a handheld) but /normally/ not very hard, or on a soft surface. Not always though. As evidence to the fact that when I was 8 or 9, I ripped my GBA SP in half. Thankfully, my rage moments don't go that far anymore.
    [/FONT]

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Playing SBB, commonly play as Ike. Can't fight Kirby for my life. Enter online Tournament. Every person I VS is Kirby...

Xx Typhlosion xX

Typhlosion FtW!
    Years
  • Mario Kart 7, suprisingly not the blue shell haha

I was working on getting 3 stars on all 150cc courses (I already got them for 50 and 100) So I'm on the last race of the star cup, finish line in view, I hear a red shell approaching but I don't panic, I have a green shell behind me. Before the shell gets a chance to hit, I jump off a ramp, glide and as I land the shell is directly below me, knocking me over!! I was right at the line and Yoshi just casually drives past! That really made me frustrated!

But nonetheless I ended up getting 3 stars in the course later...

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    Was just now Playing Monster hunter Tri online, Fighting End game Event Quest, only up for three day. Giant version of End game monster. Keep fighting. Getting horrible, horrible, horrible horrible, quest reward. Get on skype with my hunting pals...they all get THE BEST DROPS OF THEIR LIVES.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Any game with an online multiplayer has the ability to make me rage (specifically Call of Duty).
    Yes, yes and YES! My god has this game made me rage. Especially when I shoot someone with a sniper and it doesn't kill them, while somone else can aim in the very same spot I did to them but on me, and get a one-shot kill!

/ragequit

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    TOO MANY GAMES. I have had those experiences with waaaaaaay too many games.

Hm, let's see, first off games without autosave. Sometimes I just completely forget about saving and end up losing like 3 hours of gameplay. Typical reaction to that is ragequit. lol I leave the game and return 3 days later xD

Then a few multiplayer games. Specially those with damn button mashing. You play for hours and train to become the best, and when you play some noob in a match he/she just ends up pressing any random button they see and firing some special hit that pwns me. Just... bad.

Yeah usually I just ragequit games. Sometimes I slam the controllers on something, but mostly ragequit. If I loved the game, I'll come back a few days (or hours) later, but if it was just some random game I felt like playing, I'll see it in a few weeks xD

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • Funny, like half this page is on Mario Kart related things. Any way, its not that I suck at MW3, but I play it on a PS3. Every FREAKIN TIME my team is winning on Capture the flag, my PS3 crashes. It's problably the Playstaion network, thats what my uncle says anyway. And I had that same reaction as that guy up there on the first page when it crashed for the 1st to 5th time.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • Any time Harvest moon: Friends of Mineral Town throws multiple snowstorms or typhoons. "Oh my chicken in sick and needs medicine, I'll cure her tomorrow" and then two snowstorms hit in a row.

Years
  • The most I have raged at games are normally FPS's.
    I never understand how people can just kill me in the ways I have been killed. For example, me emptying a full mag into the back of someone, only for them to turn around and one shot kill me.

SERIOUSLY DUDE, WTF?!​

Back