• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm Shadow... Joined the community to download some of the hacks in the emulation section... But now that I've seen different parts of the community, I'm going to get more involved here.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Welcome!

Same way here, I came here for tools and advice, now I play fourm games all the time and co-run a hacking grou!. Just go with the flow, see what happens, and enjoy your stay here XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Your avatar reminds me of when I first joined! I chose that avatar when I was new. ;3 Of course, everyone loves Pokemon, so you ain't the only one. :3 Welcome aboard!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Hey there, Shayminlover123, Im always here if you want a friend or someone to talk to. I love Pokemon( my favorite subject :P) Also I like you avatar, it reminds me I got to egt around to evolving my shiny Chikorita so I can have a Meganium in my Soul Silver game.

Years
  • Hi HufflePuffle, that's a very cute avatar you have.

I'm Hikari and I love memes!

I see you're already having some fun, aren't you?

Cid

Years
  • I AM A NEW USER. PLEASE ACCEPT MY CAPS LOCK AS A TOKEN OF MY GRATITUDE.
    No thank you. We appreciate properly capitalized statements much more than that.

...I'm kidding. Welcome to the forums, Cole! You know you can make your own introduction thread. There you can describe yourself and get properly introduced to the community. Maybe the people who decide to welcome you will give great advice in getting around here, in case you're feeling intimidated or you don't know what to do. Have fun around these parts!

Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums.Pokemon FTW
    Oh yeah. Our Pokémon-centric sections will be great for you. There are lots of other great places to check out, though! That is, in case you have other interests you wanna talk about, since this forum also has a really good variety of topics that are not related to the Pokémon franchise but are as interesting.

Oh and since you don't have an introduction thread of your own yet, I also suggest you make one! I hope you enjoy this place too, Mark.

Years
  • Such an adorable username and avatar. ♥

Welcome aboard, sweetie! I'm quite sure you'll have lots of fun here as much as everyone does. :D

Thankyou~ I bet I will have fun, I already am. :)

Hi HufflePuffle, that's a very cute avatar you have.

I'm Hikari and I love memes!

I see you're already having some fun, aren't you?

Thankyou~

I <3 Memes to, some of them are just so fun. ^^

Yup. Thanks. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome everyone! I've been *quite* busy irl today so I'm just gonna say WELCOME to the members that just joined/just posted here while I was out. :D As Cid mentioned, if you haven't done an introduction thread (make a new thread in this section about yourself) you should totally do so. :D That way myself, Snivy, and other members here can welcome you personally. :)

Be sure you visit the Adoption Center if you'd like someone to give you a tour of a certain section of the community, read the rules, and see ya around! :D

We still have a discussion topic going on here rn if you like to answer! What was the first Pokemon game you played & How old were you?

Cid

Years
  • We still have a discussion topic going on here rn if you like to answer! What was the first Pokemon game you played & How old were you?
    First Pokémon game I played would be my older sister's Pokémon Yellow. She let me play a few times and I just walk around and smile while watching the Pikachu follow the character. But the first game I actually beat and had more memories of was Pokémon Gold. But since my brother still had Blue then I proceeded to beat Pokémon Blue afterward. The tradition of beating one of the paired versions and its third version just stuck afterwards. :P

I vaguely remember my age when I played Gold but I think it would be about six years old, around the year 2001, I think. I was exposed to the anime much earlier. Looking back, I'm pretty impressed that I didn't just stick with my starter like a childhood friend of mine did (with his Charizard, a hyper-beamin' Raticate, and a few underleveled tag-alongs). I actually had fun with it, caught as many fun-looking Pokémon as I can and kept them at the same level. I remember being really fond of my Sandslash back in Gold (I liked Blastoise from Blue way more, though).

- - -

And before I forget!

Guys, you can post more than once here (but don't double post)! That's the beauty of this place. It allows casual chat. You can discuss the topics people bring up when they come, and share interests with both old and new users alike. Sure, VMs give you that and in a limited way, introduction threads do too, but this place allows more participation, in my opinion. Plus if people make on-topic posts that interest you then, you can react to those, too. So that the conversation moves forward.

Megan already mentioned it but I'm decidedly echoing her. The Adoption Center's a really good place to start. With a personal mentor helping you around, you'll easily feel more involved in the community especially within the specific sections of your interest.

Just make sure you adequately fill out the first post's form.
    Look at the first post itself, before you proceed with your mentor request.

Hey everybody!! New guy here!!
    I'm glad you came here, Gliese. Again, welcome to PC! Since you brought it up in your intro thread, I have to say that astronomy is one of the best fields of science there is. It's about time human civilization went ahead and reached for the stars. Astronomy also largely involves physics, which I at least enjoy studying, personally.

Also, maybe you can add your sentiments on the current topic? ;D

Seiren

Playing the Spirit's Tune~
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    Well, this is the third thing to do on my checklist (first thing was post an intro thread, second was try and get a mentor) so...here I am, another new member in a long line of them, adrift in the wide open sea of PC...and that was a terrible metaphor, maybe you should all just ignore me. xD

I'll save the overwhelming detail for my profile (my next thing to do, before I start browsing those sections recommended to me in my intro thread) but, suffice it to say, I'm open to any questions people might have of me...well, just don't ask me what I think of controversial issues; I don't want to start any heated debates with people quite yet. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm new here! I just love pokemon and I really wants to play it over and over again!! :)
    I'm always online checking new updates!
    If you want someone to talk to, I'm always here! :D
    We're unbeatable!! Pokemon!! :))

Years
  • Hope I'm doing this right...Hello, I just registered and looking forward to meeting other members.
    P.S. Crobat is my favorite

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • [OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Well Croby says hi! I'm sure we'll love to have you here.

So what else about Pokémon do you like?
    Hellloo I just signed up today and I'm looking for someone to trade with ^.^
    Well, hi! I hope you find someone to trade with soon!

Check this out! It's perfect for you. But don't make a thread requesting if you don't have at least 30 or more Pokémon...I don't want you to break any of the rules, so stop by the Quick Trade Thread first!
    Hi guys! I'm new here! I just love pokemon and I really wants to play it over and over again!! :)
    I'm always online checking new updates!
    If you want someone to talk to, I'm always here! :D
    We're unbeatable!! Pokemon!! :))
    I'm sure you'll have a great time! We love people like you to be around. It's always nice to have a new friend to have around, isn't it?

Yes...Pokémon General or Pokémon Gaming Central is probably the best forum for you...also, you should check out Other Chat and Discussions.

Well hope to see you around soon!
    Well, this is the third thing to do on my checklist (first thing was post an intro thread, second was try and get a mentor) so...here I am, another new member in a long line of them, adrift in the wide open sea of PC...and that was a terrible metaphor, maybe you should all just ignore me. xD

I'll save the overwhelming detail for my profile (my next thing to do, before I start browsing those sections recommended to me in my intro thread) but, suffice it to say, I'm open to any questions people might have of me...well, just don't ask me what I think of controversial issues; I don't want to start any heated debates with people quite yet. xD
    Sounds like you're all ready to go!

Have you checked out Other Chat and Discussions yet? I'm sure once you get ready, you'll be a lively debater in the many topics we have.

Hope to see you around soon!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back