• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    He never gave me the Dratini >_<
    The answers you were given for the questions were correct. Here is the routine that should have happened after you were finished. Claire should have walked in, she would be surprised that you answered all the questions correctly. Then she should leave, not too long after you should leave as well. When you get back to the docks heading North, you should meet up with Claire once more. Here she will give you TM59 and then leave. After this is done, you must return back to the old man who you answered the questions from. Once you talk to him again, he should give you the Extreme Speed Dratini.

Also, if you do not have an empty slot in your team, then you can always go back for your Dratini afterward.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    I have two questions...

First of all, I just got the violet city gym badge and just got the call from prof elm about the poke egg thing. I went to the pokemon center but the aide wasn't there? Can someone tell me where he is?

And I need an opinion and some clarification aon pichu. I picked him as my electric type and I'm planning to get him when I go to ilex forest, but since he is a baby pokemon and evolve through happyness I'm weary of going through with it because of when he is going to evolve and his moves and stats, but I really want a pikachu/raichu. Can someone tell me when they're pichu usually evolved into a pikachu and what they did to get it or should i just get a mareep right now?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    And I need an opinion and some clarification aon pichu. I picked him as my electric type and I'm planning to get him when I go to ilex forest, but since he is a baby pokemon and evolve through happyness I'm weary of going through with it because of when he is going to evolve and his moves and stats, but I really want a pikachu/raichu. Can someone tell me when they're pichu usually evolved into a pikachu and what they did to get it or should i just get a mareep right now?
    When it comes to evolving a Pokémon through Happiness, in your case Pichu, then it varies. Now, it does not really vary among the Pokémon, but how you choose to raise its happiness level. You can raise it by battling with it and keeping it out of its Pokéball while traveling or you can try to boost its happiness faster by filling it up with many vitamins such as Carbos for example. So again it may vary on when it evolves. I've had a Pichu evolve for me at Lv. 25, while I've had my sister's Pichu evolve for her at Lv. 32 I believe.

If you want to have an electric type early in your team, then I would go with Mareep as you won't have to depend on it evolving by happiness and it does have decent statistics to be a powerhouse on your team. If you might have the option to trade a Pikachu directly into your game from one such as DPPt, then I wouldn't hold you back from going that route, if you really choose to have a Pikachu on your team and still get those good moves and stats. It's really your choice on this, for me I would go with Mareep as it's easier.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    The answers you were given for the questions were correct. Here is the routine that should have happened after you were finished. Claire should have walked in, she would be surprised that you answered all the questions correctly. Then she should leave, not too long after you should leave as well. When you get back to the docks heading North, you should meet up with Claire once more. Here she will give you TM59 and then leave. After this is done, you must return back to the old man who you answered the questions from. Once you talk to him again, he should give you the Extreme Speed Dratini.

Also, if you do not have an empty slot in your team, then you can always go back for your Dratini afterward.
    Okay, I got it.
    Thank you again! ^^

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    When it comes to evolving a Pokémon through Happiness, in your case Pichu, then it varies. Now, it does not really vary among the Pokémon, but how you choose to raise its happiness level. You can raise it by battling with it and keeping it out of its Pokéball while traveling or you can try to boost its happiness faster by filling it up with many vitamins such as Carbos for example. So again it may vary on when it evolves. I've had a Pichu evolve for me at Lv. 25, while I've had my sister's Pichu evolve for her at Lv. 32 I believe.

If you want to have an electric type early in your team, then I would go with Mareep as you won't have to depend on it evolving by happiness and it does have decent statistics to be a powerhouse on your team. If you might have the option to trade a Pikachu directly into your game from one such as DPPt, then I wouldn't hold you back from going that route, if you really choose to have a Pikachu on your team and still get those good moves and stats. It's really your choice on this, for me I would go with Mareep as it's easier.

Hmm, thanks for the options, I think I'll go catch a trade a Pikachu over from my diamond version, I just have to have a Pikachu following me around ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If I traded a Rotom from Pt to SS, changed the form, and traded it back to Pt, would it still be in that form? I don't have Wi-Fi, so I didn't get the Key for Platinum, but I read that you can get the Rotom forms in HGSS without the Key.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I think so.BEcause both those games have the same rotom forms so yup.

Years
    A Rotom reverts to normal form when entering a Wi-Fi area, so no, you cannot keep it in it's form between games. Both HG/SS and Platinum allow form changing, so it shouldn't be a big issue, anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    Traded Arceus, missing rowap berry?

Is this normal, I traded Arceus and I noticed it wasnt holding the rowap berry anymore? Any one have any ideas?

Was it because I traded it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    Nope, the rowap berry isnt in my bag

Is it just when it is traded to heart gold and soul silver?

I do happen to have an event arceus in platinum that still has berry. If i plant it i can grow more right?

Last edited:

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Did you use that Arceus in battle when it had the berry?

And I have a question: Is Species Clause on in Pokethlon? Can I use two or three of the same Pokemon at once in Pokethlon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    Did you use that Arceus in battle when it hat the berry?

And I have a question: Is Species Clause on in Pokethlon? Can I use two or three of the same Pokemon at once in Pokethlon?

I might of, but i dont remember

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I do happen to have an event arceus in platinum that still has berry. If i plant it i can grow more right?
    Yes, if you were to plant the Rowap Berry from Arceus it will still be able to grow like any other berry.

I'm unsure if the Pokéthlon allows the use of the same species Pokémon at the same time for more than one category. However, it is known that the Pokémon you select for each option should be based upon their stats and how well it matches up for each category. So, one Pokémon may only be well suited for one type of category, while another may be universal. It's a matter of just enjoying the new feature and playing around with it with different Pokémon. Also, you can always check to see if they allow the same species Pokémon for different categories when ready.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I was in the Radio Tower and got to the top to save the Director but it was really a Rocket Executive, now what?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Goldenrod Underground, South end. There should be a passage off to the right hand side. That's where you go next.

Went there, battled my Rival, then found the real Director who gave me an item. Now what?

Sorry I don't read Japanese. The fact I was able to make it this far by pure memory of Crystal Version years ago amazed me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back