• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Or New Team Rocket? Hmm...

Old or New Team Rocket?

• New: More serious

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Old: Following Ash & Co. trying to steal Pikachu

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I'm unsure yet of which Team Rocket I liked best. I enjoyed the old Team Rocket since they where goofy and had a few good jokes but they get very annoying at times which I don't like much. Now for the serious Team Rocket, I actually like the fact that they are finally doing something besides the fact of going after Satoshi's Pikachu. Their personality might be different but at least they aren't so annoying like they use to be but I am going to miss their old jokes and how lame they use to be. -needs to watch more episodes although I'm caught up to date to see which I like more-

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Nothing beats the old Team Rocket, heck nothing beats the original Indigo League series am I right? :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    For me, the DP series brought out the worst in Team Rocket. As great as the story was in the series, Team Rocket failed at bringing out much humor in the show. If I had to like any original Team Rocket, it would be the Team Rocket from the original series. Best Wishes has changed their role though, and from what I can tell I don't mind the change at all. It's a lot better compared to their DP role in my opinion and the humor brought out from the main characters seems to be working in their favor.

It's just to figure out what they're trying to pull off, haha.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Honestly, I find both Rockets pretty good. Just a matter of what you like, comedy or "Immagonnakillyou" Seriousness.

I do find it unrealistic how they were dronified in a matter of days >__>

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
    After seeing them in Best Wishes, going back to the DP saga makes me want to puke every time I see them. Old Team Rocket was good back in the Indigo and Johto League days, but after that...they've slowly gotten more and more sugary. No thanks.

I'm glad they've changed.

Years
    I like the new team rocket because they seem to be more serious in Best Wishes then the last ones. They actually get the job done for Giovani now. They don't blast off all the time but make an escape which is a little better.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Something just doesn't feel right when you deprive TR off the Meowth balloon, Wobbuffet, and blasting off.
    I gotta admit, less blast offs and no Wobbuffet was something I was hoping for. The loss of the Meowth balloon though was something that I wasn't expecting or really hoping for. I mean, their new balloon isn't that impressive. ):

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    the old Team Rocket is best... now the Team Rocket is so bored I think...

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
    Personally, I prefer the old Team Rocket. They were a lot more intimidating in the first few episodes. Then after that, they just got degraded to downright silly. But I don't watch the anime, so what do I know? XD I do like their new R logo however. It suggests their villainy and sneakyness. If we had a mix of the old Team Rocket and new, we would have an epic Team Rocket right there.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I grew up with the old TR. The new one today is so serious and boring. It's not even the same anymore compared to the past generations. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'm glad TR is more serious because they were getting quite annoying, but I don't think they should be quite as different as they are. I mean, they were well-developed characters with their own stories and defined personalties. That shouldn't have all been scrapped. They should have retained their personalties but had some kind of, I don't know, actual training for their job so they would be competent.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    There are several reasons why they changed 1 the producer of pokemon(may not be the right tittle) died or something and now his son is calling the shots ( not satoshi of course) And 2 if you think about it there mission has changed they are no longer after pikachu , we keep trying the same thing if there only going to fail, besides pikachu is not gona make team rocket better as a whole so they might as well do something that will

Years
    There are several reasons why they changed 1 the producer of pokemon(may not be the right tittle) died or something and now his son is calling the shots ( not satoshi of course)
    This is not true, Takeshi Shudo stopped working on the Pokemon Anime sometime back in Johto. That's probably just some silly rumor. I think the writer's were just sick of making TR so comical and wanted to try something new, something that we've seen a lot of in BW.

Years
    I'm actually glad TR has become more serious. Like what some of the other comments say, going back to DP after watching BW makes me feel the old TR were just plain silly. Although their "comical humor side" was great for awhile in the original series, it got really old fast. Plus, I really hated all the quips the English dub put in whereas the TR in Japanese actually wasn't all that "comical" in the first place. I think the main difference are the dubs, because I've seen the anime in 3 different languages and I find the English very different from the Japanese.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    This is not true, Takeshi Shudo stopped working on the Pokemon Anime sometime back in Johto. That's probably just some silly rumor. I think the writer's were just sick of making TR so comical and wanted to try something new, something that we've seen a lot of in BW.

No actually its true ill see if i can dig the artical up. And i didnt really mean he died i just ment that his son took over his position, or maybe if was just a younger kid with no relations Hmm idk

Back