• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Which version did you get?

• Total voters
Years
  • been a while since we had a "which version?" thread

So, we all know we pick one version over the other or just get both. Like the poll says, which version out of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire did you play? Or did you actually get both?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I always get both and usually play the one I am more interested in playing and then play the other one after.

Years
  • I got both, Omega Ruby digital and Alpha Sapphire physical. My main one used to be Omega Ruby, but with switching DSs and whatnot I lost my file and haven't started over yet. So as of now Alpha Sapphire became my main version of the two.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I bought both. Alpha Sapphire to one hundred percent and Omega Ruby to play over and over again. I recently bought a second Alpha Sapphire to play, too. I have the same setup with the original Ruby and Sapphire.

Years
  • I'd bought Omega Ruby first. After finishing the story mode, I was so impressed with how it turned out I wanted to start over again.
    I bought Alpha Sapphire a week later.

This is the first time since Sapphire / Emerald that I've bought two versions.
    I like ORAS.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Got both, but I definitely prefer Alpha Sapphire. They're pretty much the same, but I had Sapphire back in the day so Alpha Sapphire has always been more fun for me.

Years
  • I have both versions, but Alpha Sapphire is the one I always play more. I tend to align a lot with the "blue" versions of the game for some reason.

Years
  • I picked up Omega Ruby at the midnight release on launch day, and later Alpha Saphire on digital. I play both pretty frequently still, but Alpha Saphire is def my favorite just like Saphire was back in the day.

Years
  • Since I had the original Ruby, I decided to go for diversity and got the limited edition Alpha Sapphire with metal case. It's pretty cool!

Also, I'm in the process of replaying it, cause I feel for the first time I was to focused on making it through to the Delta Episode, so I forgot to really enjoy it. I'll be playing it much more calmly before Sun & Moon, later in the year.

DCtheLucario

The Aura is with me.
    Years
  • I bought Omega Ruby, about 5 mins ago, about to start it.
    I got it as I preferred Ruby than Saphire, but theres not too much difference, just a preference of Fire/Magma, compared to Water/Aqua xD

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I got OmegaRuby, as my sister got AlphaSapphire. When it comes to paired versions, we always make sure we get different ones so we pick in advance which we want.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • I got both, like I usually do. I did end up playing both too because I wanted to see both versions of the story. Initially I played Omega Ruby though. (Team Magma FTW!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Alpha Sappy for having the better villeins and more annoying pokemon(rough skin carvana/sharpedo)

OMG Rubs has the better waifu though.....how to choose.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Both versions for me. Omega Ruby is my main save file and has my almost-complete National Dex, but I use Alpha Sapphire to get all the Pokes I couldn't get in OR, and I like to use it as an extra save file so that I can easily start a new game without losing my main save file.

Back