• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm lucky the college I'm currently attending had the same cost regardless if I were out-of-state or in-state. Still, it's pretty expensive (~40k per year) and my parents have been struggling to pay the tuition fees. I've been considering looking at colleges in Canada, and if they're much more affordable, then I might eventually end up at one. Dunno where to start looking, though.

Years
    I'm lucky the college I'm currently attending had the same cost regardless if I were out-of-state or in-state. Still, it's pretty expensive (~40k per year) and my parents have been struggling to pay the tuition fees. I've been considering looking at colleges in Canada, and if they're much more affordable, then I might eventually end up at one. Dunno where to start looking, though.
    Most (if not, all) private institutions charge the same flat rate for tuition regardless of being in-state or out-of-state, but at the cost (no pun intended) of having higher prices for tuition as well.

Sean

Years
    I can't believe how expensive the American college system is. >_< It must be so infuriating for you guys.

In Ireland / Europe in general, its so much more cheap and affordable. I'm going to university in September for my first year, aha. Can't wait.

Years
    I can't believe how expensive the American college system is. >_< It must be so infuriating for you guys.
    Yeah, it's kinda bad indeed. The worst thing is that many employers these days are also now requiring employees to have bachelors degrees or even associates degrees to even work for them, and not just a high school diploma.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Yeah, it's kinda bad indeed. The worst thing is that many employers these days are also now requiring employees to have bachelors degrees or even associates degrees to even work for them, and not just a high school diploma.
    Here you go: https://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-system-rigged-a-guide-grads/

Isn't that the truth? Cranky Old People From Another Time. Heheheh… :P

Doesn't that fit in nicely with the phrase "♥♥♥♥ed 6 ways from Sunday?"

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I was lucky enough to avoid student loans. :/ I know a lot of people aren't so lucky and I feel terrible for them because that's a hard way to come out of school and into the world. It's no wonder we all work ourselves to death! We can't even relax for a few weeks out of university because we have to start paying off the pile of debt we incurred. :(

Years
    I took out student loans for my Spring and current summer semester of college. I hope that that's all I need to take out ever, and hopefully I won't need to take out loans as soon as I transfer to a four-year university. So far for the fall semester, I haven't made a decision on how I'll be paying for my classes.

Years
    I've had students loans since the start of college, and I'll probably have them 'til the very end, which'll result in at least a 30k debt, if memory serves. I'm thinking of working for Peace Corps or AmeriCorps since they'll pay off my student loans, plus they'll give me work experience. I've also considered going to graduate school, but I'm not sure if that's something I want to do yet. There's even the possibility of my attending a public college near where I'm currently living so I won't have to pay for room and board and meals, making the cost much cheaper. Still, I love my college a lot, so I'm unsure if I'd want to make that switch ;-;

Sean

Years
    I won't be in debt when I leave university in 4 years, thankfully. It's affordable at 2K per year.. which isn't bad at all.

I'll probably just get a part-time job when I'm in uni and pay off fees every year

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That and the accents...hubba hubba come to momma

Years
    Having an accent would be so cool, like I would never stop talking. In reality, I'd probably eventually get tired of it and stop blabbering day after day, but right now I think I would have so much fun with it, especially the first few days. Spend hours reciting an entire Encyclopedia, stuff like that, hahaha.

Years
    British/Scottish/Irish/Australian/New Zealander accents are the best ;-; They're so pleasant to listen to, and I honestly wish I had an accent similar to one of the five I mentioned. Instead I "lack an accent" (that's apparently what my way of speaking is referred to) with a few southern words in my vocabulary (since I now live in NC), so it's pretty boring.

Sean

Years
    Omg no @ y'all

My irish accent is horrific, don't even know how people find our accents appealing ;____;

Ireland is also a terrible country

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Omg no @ y'all

My irish accent is horrific, don't even know how people find our accents appealing ;____;

Ireland is also a terrible country

Now I demand a vocaroo of your voice so we can determine the attractiveness of it.

Years
    Jamaican accents don't bother me, they're hilarious! Whenever I meet someone with one, I'm automatically inclined to befriend them. Unfortunately, there's nobody nearby where I live with one, so I can only watch YouTube videos and watch Shark Tale, hahaha. Anyone else remember that movie?

Years
    Does PC have a (current) thread for an Accent Challenge? That might be fun to have XD

One of my middle school teachers was Jamaican and had an accent; I thought it was rather lovely~ And I remember Shark Tale! It was a rather interesting movie, and it was one of my grade's top picks. (I was in fifth grade when it came out; I feel kinda old now, haha ;-;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back