• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One film for a year challenge. (Suggest your favorites).

Years
    • Seen today
    After a long decision, I've decided that I will start watching movie shorts on top of feature films. Not only for the sake of my sanity, but I feel there are things I am missing out on if I only limit myself to long movies.

I felt at first this was 'cheating', but that was a silly thought.

Years
    • Seen today
    I watched Deadpool yesterday and Rim of the World today.

Deadpool was great.

Rim of the World was so terrible that it was good. I knew I was watching something awful but still enjoyed it. @Starlight asked if I had planned to rank movies. In terms of quality, this would be the lowest.

Years
    • Seen today
    Changed title to "one film for a year" instead of movie. More fitting.

Sticking to shorts for a bit until I recharge.

Years
    • Seen today
    Have you watched any really good shorts yet? They're not always easy to find recommendations for.

The Present (2020) on Netflix was really good. Although the Pixar shorts are worth checking out.

I'm going to include any Documentary series that I watch on here too. Those are films too, and honestly, longer than shorts. So why not count them? I'll just specify the episodes I watch that day. This is going to become more of a log though. As long as I keep it daily, then it's fine.

There are a couple of documentaries I really want to check out. (All Quiet on the Set, and the OVW wrestling documentary). I haven't gotten around to them because of the movies. I feel like these movies shouldn't be a hindrance to other stuff I want to check out. So I'm going to include documentaries as part of this.

Years
    • Seen today
    This is a great idea. I'll be sure to come back and drop some recommendations later.

And still going strong in April. Has adjusted to include shorts and multi episode documentaries too.

Basically to not drive myself insane trying to watch a feature film every day. Because I would reach 9PM on a busy day and be like "damn, I have to watch a movie now". Nothing will make you hate them more. Shorts are a godsend.

On another note, it's the end of March. So recapping. The only movies I thought were weak this month were: Orion and the Dark and Godzilla Raids Again. Everything else was at least passable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've divided them up for you a bit

Live Action Movies
    Spoiler:

Animated Movies
    Spoiler:

Animated Shorts
    Spoiler:

Documentary Films
    Spoiler:

Documentaries (Multi-episode)
    Spoiler:

I tried to keep it to ten or less for each grouping. You've probably seen some of these before, but that's fine. Always happy to throw more suggestions at you if need be too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @gimmepie thank you! out of those listed I have already seen Inside Out, Jurassic Park, Spiderverse, and If Anything Happens I love You.

On another note, this week I watched The Hunger Games franchise. It's a fine series. My only problem is Gale. He's a blank canvas of a character with the personality of a wet napkin. He exists to create a divided love interest for the protagonists, but they failed to do anything with him outside of this. He vacuums the life out of his scenes. (it's not the actors fault). But definitely one of the worst characters I have ever seen. Especially for such a well built franchise that has such an interesting world.

Years
    • Seen today
    annnnd the hunger games series is finished. (besides the prequel, whenever i get around to it).

I think the first movie is the best. The sequels steadily depart from what made it interesting. The third film devolves into bland action war trope movie. (and good god they just had to make it two different full length films).

The acting was top notch throughout the series. I couldn't get enough of it. But the main protagonist girl (katniss) has the most absurd and hilarious plot armor. She takes a bomb point blank and gets set on fire, and just wakes back up in the hospital like everything is fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've embarked on watching all the Quentin Tarantino movies. Two left to go.

I'd rank them from best to worst (or most enjoyed to least enjoyed)

Pulp Fiction
    The Hateful Eight
    Reservoir Dogs
    Django Unchanied
    Kill Bill Volume 2
    Kill Bill Volume 1
    Inglorious Bastards
    Death Proof.

Pulp Fiction and Hateful Eight are neck and neck. I loved both.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Alex_Among_Foxes

I watched your recommendation of Treasure Planet today. Thank you for suggesting it. It was a beautiful looking movie and it was awesome seeing a Disney villain who wasn't one note or pure evil. I really enjoyed that aspect of it.

Back