• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One shot, one opportunity

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • We all made mistakes and look back and things and wish we did them differently. Is there was one moment if your life that sticks out like a sore thumb and you wish you could go back and change it? If so why? Also how do you think your life would be different if this event had panned out the way you wanted.

For me, as I sure will be the same with many others, there isn't really much I'd change as I like my life. But if I had to pick one moment it'd probably the time I moved out and rented a house with some mates. Short story being it didn't work out and I wasted a lot of money. The kind of money I didn't have free to waste when I was 18.

Sirfetch’d

I wish I had taken my first semester in college more seriously. I did well but missed a lot of Calc classes because the teacher didn't take attendance and it sorta got me in the habit of lazily approaching school in general. I've done a bit better as of late but I still have days where I wake up and am like "ok no I'm not going today"

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • There are a lot of things that I wished "maybe I shouldn't have done this", but if I were given a chance to return back, I'd probably refuse it.

Sure, I have regrets in my life but those regrets culminate to become who I am now.

Though, if I were force to choose, maybe I'd wish not to buy Pokemon Rangers 3. :\

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime."

Couldn't resist that :P

I wish I had taken high school more seriously. I had the ability to be get the grades to get a good scholarship and actually pursue a career in something I can make my own instead of just working for someone else. That being said, I also believe that things happen for reasons we can't always see, so as much as I have regretted that, it may not have made me who I am today.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime."

Never forgetti moms spaghetti

I suppose it wasn't getting into horse riding when I was younger. I'd be so much more confident with it now, and would've met lots of different people and built contacts. Probably would've done competing.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I suppose it wasn't getting into horse riding when I was younger. I'd be so much more confident with it now, and would've met lots of different people and built contacts. Probably would've done competing.

Mine is similar. I wish I'd taken music lessons while it would have stuck easier. Particularly violin.

I'd be tempted to make better decisions during college like Castform and Flight but, although I might have been financially better off, I might have become a different person.

Years
  • Torn between "telling school councilor I just wanted to do community college classes and stay with my parents until we moved back to the US" or "actually finding scholarships/loans/job to afford state university". The latter probably would've had the better outcome but either would fix my problem.

tl;dr I went to university for 3 semesters without enough money because I was pressured into attending. It did not end well.

If I had the money, I would have a degree by now, and ideally have a better-paying profession. Ideally. I know that's easier said than done in the job market these days.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Went to a college that actually offers an Education major. I go to a pretty good college - Northeastern University in Massachusetts - and was initially a Nursing major for 2 years, but I ultimately decided I wanted to become a teacher. Unfortunately, my school only offers it as a minor and it's too late in my tenure to even consider licking it up. I'm going to graduate with a Human Services BS degree and ultimately will go into graduate school for elementary education, but to save time and money - as well as a better shot at jobs/resume builders - I wish I had figured out what I wanted to do my freshman year.

Years
  • Deciding to take social services course in the first place. The teachers hated me and so did the other students.

Back