• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only child or not? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
Years
  • I have a big family, I'll give you that. >_<;

Sometimes, it's frustrating living with the knowledge that people think it's weird that you have a big family, but I like it in the end. :D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I have one sister and soon to be a baby half brother.

I don't mind having my sister around. But I won't be able to handle the baby. That is why I am moving out from my dads house and into my mums.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • 1-Are you the only child of your family, or do you have other brother(s) and/or sister(s)?
    2-Do you like being the only child, or do you like having brother(s), sister(s)? Or would you prefer to be "on the other side"? And give your reasons about your answers, obviously.

I have 5 other siblings but I only live with 2/5 of them. I don't like having 2 brothers because they can get so annoying

:t354:TG

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I Have a brother and a half sister. With my parents being divorced i spend all the time with my brother and greatly dislike it.

I'm sure we will get on better when we get older and get some space.

Years
  • 1. I have four other siblings: two older stepbrothers, an older sister, and a younger brother. Usually we don't have all five under the same roof, but we did at one time. For awhile, we'd have my two siblings and one of the stepbrothers, and then my sister and stepbrothers started moving out, until it was eventually my little brother and me. Right now, we're pretty spread out. My stepbrothers live in Hawaii, my sister lives in Kansas, and my little brother is in Germany with the parents.

2. I like having brothers and sisters. It makes the house interesting, even if they're driving you up the wall at times. If you're alone, it's just really lonely. With siblings, you have someone closer to your age to talk to, and if you don't have friends, at least you have a sibling or two to turn to. So no, I wouldn't want to be an only child.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Um... I'm not an only child... I have three younger sisters and I wish I could have a brother. I can't though... I would prefer to be an only child because I quite like being by myself when I want to be, which is nearly all the time... So yeah, I wouldn't mind being an only child.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • I am (From my birth parents) the only child.

However, with my adoptive parents, I have a younger step-brother (also adopted) and 2 younger sisters (These two devils are not adopted, btw.)

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
  • I'm the oldest of two kids. I would love to be an only child, but getting in troulbe with no one to blame would be terrible. I like having my little sister because she hates clothes, so my parents spend most of the money on me.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I have an older brother, but I felt throughout my childhood as if I was an only child. He'd go off to his friends most of the time, which means my parents spent a lot more time with me than with him. But as we got older and we grew up a bit more, we sometimes hang out, and it's at those moments that I really like having an older brother because I can relate to him more than I can my parents (even though we're completely different people).

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    No. I have a younger brother. He`s alright, but we do have those normal sibling rivalry moments. He`s a good kid though.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • i have four brothers (two step, one half and one fostered; two are older, two younger) and a younger sister.
    i love my siblings, but i think im better suited as an only child

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Well zel, I have a sister who really gets on my nerves. And you can think of Carlos as your evil twin brother XD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm the eldest in the family and I have 2 younger brothers and no sisters (thanks goodness :P)...

I do think it's a lot of hardwork for being the eldest, for almost all the responsibilities are in me, they expect a lot from me, I should care my bros, I should be a model to them (and yeah, I'm the reason why they became so addicted to the computer and PKMN hacking/fan-game making :P)...

But yeah, it may have all the pressure, but it's fun at times. ;)

Pingouin_7

I wish my brother liked Pokémon as I do, so he would have the other version of the game.

Example: I would have Sapphire and he would have Ruby, I would have Fire-Red and he would have Leaf-Green, I would have Diamond and he would have Pearl, etc.

(PS: I own Fire-Red, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond and Pearl, I might get Leaf-Green instead of Fire-Red and I will have Platinum.)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I've got a 15 year old brother..he was way more fun when he was little, since now we don't relate to each other that much. Though he's still funny and nice when he needs to be; I wouldn't like being an only child, I like having another personality in the house, even if he does drive my parents insane.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I preferred being an only child.

Watching my sisters is annoying and just makes me angry all the time. =\ And they get so much stuff. All the time. Parents complain we're tight on money, yet buy all these "early" Christmas and birthday presents and then buy even more when Christmas and their birthdays actually come around.

Oh well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back