• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
KOQFBDh.jpg
ACT 3: THE JUNGLE TOURNEYS

After much hyping and teasing, here is the next arc of As The Dust Settles. Act 2, the mission phase, has gone very well and since a satisfactory amount of teams have completed them/are close to completing theirs, I now present you with Act 3! Do note that this is only an OOC post (so it won't be written IC-style) and the event itself will not begin until there is an IC post about it (which should happen after people discuss and decide what they want to do).

WSACJQj.jpg

Beacon & Faunus Academy

The second month of this semester has gone surprisingly well for Beacon. Despite the introduction of a risky new initiative, offland missions, it appears that teams has handled them very well - aside for some exceptions who have returned from Island G with a little more than a few cuts and bruises. Inland missions has also gone well, with teams satisfactorily completing their missions and displaying exemplary teamwork and skill even during times of hardship - this semester's class was quite a unique one. Though the information both inland and offland teams have brought with them is quite concerning...

Faunus Academy has also seen strangely positive results from both inland and offland mission teams - in three years of operating they had not seen a class as successful or skilled in their tasks. However, there was a unsettling amount of human and other suspicious activity discovered in these missions, both inland and offland. This can't be good for the school at all. However, they know that whatever danger came their way, the aspiring new revolutionaries of the Faunus race would overcome it. Or at least, they hope so...

Now, the schools simply had to put them to the test.

Using the information gathered from their first missions, both schools have decided to use Island G as a private training ground. Despite both sides' knowledge of human/faunus activity, The information gathered through the beacons, recon and reclaiming missions has revealed that the island is a perfect training ground for aspiring students. Only the top teams will be allowed to the island, to participate in what both schools have coincidentally named a 'tournament'. This week-long tournament will have students fight different kinds of Grimm from Island G, as well as each other through training. At the end of the event, the top team from all the students will be chosen - and they will be given a special mission.

Yet, there always looms the threat of the other side being on the island as well... What if they have also organized something?

Some rules to keep in mind:​
  1. This event occurs roughly 2 weeks after the mission period. Your team would have been healed from most injuries by now (aura speeds up healing quite considerably) so everyone should be fairly fit to fight.
  2. Any team can go to the island, as long as they mention it here.
  3. The Jungle Tourney is completely optional. As mentioned above, 'only top teams will be sent to the island'. This is another way of saying that if for whatever reason, your team decides to not go to the tourney, and rather do a mission (or something else related to your personal plot), they are completely free to do so.
  4. You will be meeting both teams from your own side and the enemy side if you go to the Island, with no restrictions (basically a free-for-all). Anyone can meet anyone, but be realistic - don't simply go in trying to invade the other team's campsite!
  5. If you are still currently doing a mission, you must conclude it in some shape or form. Keep in mind you don't have to succeed in order to finish the mission and level up.
  6. Any teams who have not picked a mission from Act 2, or have started later than everyone (for example, team INCT), will be at level 3 when the IC post for the event is up.
  7. You must make at least 2 posts from Act 3 in order to be considered leveled up. No cheating!
  8. If you don't want to participate in the tourney, and woud rather do a second mission, please contact me
  9. Once again, you are allowed to make up any kind of Grimm you want, as long as you deem it believable!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need anything!

Foxrally

Years
I suppose I might as well state that JSMN will be participating, even if it's not necessarily important xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 23, 2016
Hey Fox! Thanks for the welcome! I just made the changes to my application. Sorry for my late reply, I had final exams to study for.

I love the gliders from Avatar, but that wasn't exactly the type of glider I was thinking of for the Swiftwing. I was actually thinking of more like Leonardo da Vinci's glider instead:
leonardodavincisinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Leonardo-da-Vincis-Glider-31.jpg

Initially, I was thinking of joining a team. I have trouble roleplaying more than three characters at a time during one of the more busier times of my life. I still have some finals to study for during the next two weeks. My only concern for roleplaying multiple characters at once in the same roleplay while having other things in my life to deal with is the quality of my roleplaying decreasing. However if I absolutely have to create a full team, I'm fine with it. I'm done with my college semester after my finals, and I should have more time over the summer to focus on roleplaying.

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Hey Fox! Thanks for the welcome! I just made the changes to my application. Sorry for my late reply, I had final exams to study for.

I love the gliders from Avatar, but that wasn't exactly the type of glider I was thinking of for the Swiftwing. I was actually thinking of more like Leonardo da Vinci's glider instead:
leonardodavincisinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Leonardo-da-Vincis-Glider-31.jpg

Initially, I was thinking of joining a team. I have trouble roleplaying more than three characters at a time during one of the more busier times of my life. I still have some finals to study for during the next two weeks. My only concern for roleplaying multiple characters at once in the same roleplay while having other things in my life to deal with is the quality of my roleplaying decreasing. However if I absolutely have to create a full team, I'm fine with it. I'm done with my college semester after my finals, and I should have more time over the summer to focus on roleplaying.

It's quite alright, everyone gets busy at times (especially with finals hitting everyone left and right these days) so don't worry about it.

As for the the teams, it's quite alright honestly. The SU for the other team members doesn't need to be long at all (I just need names, genders, weapons and semblances).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
They are in fact, still being accepted. Just note that the faunus to human ratio is rather high (though you can totally still make a faunus)
I did notice. I was going to RP as a human anyway. Love to be the aggressor sometimes ^///^

erm, is it alright if Ive no clue what RWBY is?

Khawill

<3
Years
I did notice. I was going to RP as a human anyway. Love to be the aggressor sometimes ^///^

erm, is it alright if Ive no clue what RWBY is?
Absolutely, just read the first post, and understand that :)

Go to YouTube and watch rwby too, not for the rp, but because it's pretty good

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
Absolutely, just read the first post, and understand that :)

Go to YouTube and watch rwby too, not for the rp, but because it's pretty good

Sweet. I'll go ahead and make up a carefully planned character. Er... I do not intend to run a team, could I join a team, or how's that work?

Khawill

<3
Years
Doesn't really answer my question. I do NOT wish to run a team, is it possible to join one instead?

Oh, I'm totally sorry, I'm answering these between classes. You can talk to Sparrow or dud to see if they would want to make a team with you. Otherwise, im sure we can figure something out

Foxrally

Years
hot damn boi Khawill with dem speed replies u da real MVP <3

Wow this looks amazing. Are sign-ups still being accepted?

Thank you very much! Glad to know you're interested ^^

is it alright if I've no clue what RWBY is?

It's completely fine! A very large majority of people (including myself, before I was GM) joined Dust without even knowing RWBY existed (and the RP subsequently got them to watch it), so you're definitely not an exception. But as Khawill said, it's an amazing show and the episodes aren't even long (5 to 20 minutes at most). Season 2 and 3 are a lot better than 1 ;)

I do not intend to run a team, could I join a team, or how's that work?

Basically, you'd have to join up with another player who's joining at about the same time as you. Since SparrowMouse is making a faunus character/team, you won't be able to join him, so you'd have to contact dud190 and see if you want to make a team with him.

Once again as I said to dud and sparrow, making a team really isn't tough (you basically just have to give names, genders, weapons and semblances for the 3 non-main characters) though it's of course a lot more fun to have a JP partner.

Looking forward to seeing a character from you, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
Ok, I've read alot of the post, chose the powers... er.... semblances, which by the way alot of those semblances do not really match the word, but hey, tis all good.

Problem is, is that my main character is going to take a long time to complete. After all, what I wanted may need some research.... you'll see when I post him.

Anyway better get typing... will post tomorrow or Thursday.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
David Humara

24 years of age
Human Male

Personality:
David's emotions are as about what you expect from a normal human. He has typical issues with situations he is not comfortable with, such as talking to the enemy. If it wasn't bad enough that he can barely carry a worthwhile conversation with everyday folk, anytime he is told to talk to his rivals or even people he has a problem with, he typically just makes things worst.

He is a literal guy who will take sarcasm, literally. He does understand some sarcasm but most of it just goes over his head, especially if he is in a situation where sarcasm would least be expected. Although he'll admit he has problems with sarcasm, he just doesn't know how much sarcasm he misses.

David isn't much of a talker, preferring to keep most things to himself. That is to say, things that is personal. Bottling them up is not his custom, but he will almost never talk about what makes him uncomfortable.

Apart from his negative traits, he is a fast thinker. He is quit witted, even if he doesn't say anything that indicates such, and is inventive. David is inventive, always trying to think his way out. Not at all a true fighter, he relies on others for help should he need it.

That is not to say he can't hold his own in a fight.

Appearance:
David is 140 pounds at 5'6 height with brown hair and hazel eyes, his hair is usually combed to the side. He is white skinned with slight tan marks on his forearms. He wears glasses and is typically seen wearing a relaxed jacket on a yellow shirt and sky blue pants. He wears glasses that are a curved rectangle shape. And before anyone asks, no I do not have a picture of this.

Weapon of choice:
Zhua… You know the conspicuous iron "hand" at the end had sharp claw-like nails, usually on a pole, which would impale flesh, and then tear it off from the body. When wielded by a professional, it could be used to pull mounted soldiers off their horse. But the main use of the Zhua was to pull off the shields of enemies, leaving them exposed to the clawed hand of iron.

Semblance:
Ok, so the Semblance I chose is one of the most hard to explain powers that exist. It's so complicated that I had to write out a lot of the features and explanations which are so long that sometimes it's best left to put up for reference. So click the first spoiler to view the summary of the two paragraphs, click the second to have your mind blown.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back