• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
mfw after seeing this
FT3wxhv.gif

Okay, first and foremost I'll mention that David is pending for now. I've read through the entire SU (and yes, that was a bloody long one) and I'll just get this out of the way - please, for the love of god, rewrite the semblance description to something I can understand. I realize I'm most definitely not the smartest person in the RP and maybe others find this extremely interesting, but I feel that if I cannot understand what you are trying to tell me about David's power, then it will be even harder for everyone to understand your posts. If you do consider rewriting it, do let me know of something - what would be the extent of his power at level 3 (which is what he will start off at)?

I suppose I should also mention that another character, Azrael, also has teleportation. It's listed in the semblance list - which is made so people don't go for the same thing by accident and keep some sort of originality to their characters (though I'm sure you've seen it xD)

Now on to the parts of the SU I actually understand - David seems like a very interesting character. I don't we have any character (or at least player character) who takes things exactly and as literally as they are, so he seems like he would have a very fun dynamic with some of the sassier characters we have. Zhua is also a fan favorite weapon for me (I actually considered giving my own character, Sahn, this weapon at first) so it's nice too see a character use it. Oh and, do let me know what your decision is on the team thing. Did you want to make your own, or join dud190?

So once again, please don't be turned off by what I said. I think the character is really cool, but I can't judge him at all if I can't understand him.

Years
If I may attempt to simplify? Teleportation is one of my favorite powers, and I play the aforementioned Azrael. Correct me if I'm wrong, Milo.

Essentially, David is able to instantly teleport to another location, leaving behind an after image for a moment. However, he can't control where he ends up, but it will always be somewhere safe (not inside a wall, or fifty feet in the air, or upside down, etc.) and within a fairly short range. And he can only teleport a small number of times, presumably before resting. (Let's say that at Level 3, he can teleport three times before needing to "recharge".)

How's that, am I close?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
Essentially, David is able to instantly teleport to another location, leaving behind an after image for a moment. However, he can't control where he ends up, but it will always be somewhere safe (not inside a wall, or fifty feet in the air, or upside down, etc.) and within a fairly short range. And he can only teleport a small number of times, presumably before resting. (Let's say that at Level 3, he can teleport three times before needing to "recharge".)

How's that, am I close?
that's as close, as anyone can get really.

And fox, you havent really told me what you don't understand about the power. I tried to make it as simple as possible, using examples. I mean if you have no idea how Goku teleports, I guess I could see the confusion. I mean it would help if you asked a question, instead of having me try to re-type that all.

And yes, I did see the teleportation power. And no, this was not really accidental. In a world filled with many different powers, it would stand to reason that there would be, eventually, two people with the same power. And there are actually two people with teleportation ability.

Azrael "simply does not teleport" as the player mentions, he uses Wormholes. Where as David actually does teleport. If you look at Jake Etheran, you'll see that he too uses teleportation, but with a time distorted dimension. David doesn't go through all that. He's just simply, poof, there.

Foxrally

Years
And fox, you havent really told me what you don't understand about the power

See, that's the problem - I don't know what to ask because I have no idea what I'm trying to read. What exactly are you trying to say? I'm very, very sorry but at the moment it almost feels like you skimmed over the actual character (which is what RPing is all about) simply to go greatly in-depth and endlessly geek out about a passion of yours, which is teleportation obviously. That's fine and all, but could I ask that you please summarize it in a way that you would explain what True Teleporation is in a RP context so I can actually know how it will end up working in posts.

Or even better: write me a very short scene (just a paragraph) describing how David would fight against a sentient (human/faunus) enemy using his semblance. I think it would be a fair assessment not only of how you would write IC but also how the semblance would operate at level 3.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
See, that's the problem - I don't know what to ask because I have no idea what I'm trying to read. What exactly are you trying to say? I'm very, very sorry but at the moment it almost feels like you skimmed over the actual character (which is what RPing is all about) simply to go greatly in-depth and endlessly geek out about a passion of yours, which is teleportation obviously. That's fine and all, but could I ask that you please summarize it in a way that you would explain what True Teleporation is in a RP context so I can actually know how it will end up working in posts.

Or even better: write me a very short scene (just a paragraph) describing how David would fight against a sentient (human/faunus) enemy using his semblance. I think it would be a fair assessment not only of how you would write IC but also how the semblance would operate at level 3.

Well, I'll try my best, give me a few. but why level three specifically? Why not level 1 or level 7?

Foxrally

Years
Well, I'll try my best, give me a few. but why level three specifically? Why not level 1 or level 7?

Level three is basically where he'll be starting, so he can be on par with everyone else - level 7 is way too far ahead and level 1 is much too weak for what he'll be able to do now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
Level three is basically where he'll be starting, so he can be on par with everyone else - level 7 is way too far ahead and level 1 is much too weak for what he'll be able to do now.

Oh... Well I kind of wanted to see the growth of my character, rather than jumping straight in at a higher level. Well, this actually is a big bummer for me, since I had a little plan in mind. Oh well... Honestly I have no problem starting at level one when everyone is at level 3.

Foxrally

Years
Oh... Well I kind of wanted to see the growth of my character, rather than jumping straight in at a higher level. Well, this actually is a big bummer for me, since I had a little plan in mind. Oh well... Honestly I have no problem starting at level one when everyone is at level 3.

Well, ah... I mean, if you really wanted to, you can shoot me a PM and I'll see the plan for myself. I'm trying to make the leveling system very linear and having a few people deviate off of it could be problematic, but if you'e confident you can pull off an interesting plan send it to me and we can discuss it!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Sorry this is a little late coming, but STLL will be attending the tourney.

Foxrally

Years

Oh wow, I just realized.... Your SU is missing a RP sample! It's basically an in-text extract from any other RP (or something new written from David's perspective) that you write just to I can see how you'd be writing posts. I think this would actually solve a lot of the issues I have with the SU, and get you all set up really well!

Foxrally

Years
I figured I might give a little more information to streamline your posts for Act 3, if case anyone has any questions!

Basically there are 3 things you can do during Act 3:
  • Fight a Grimm/group of Grimm
  • Challenge a team/hunter from your own school
  • While you are doing something else (for example, hunting for Grimm), stumble on an enemy team/student and engage in combat with them
Once you're done, make sure to end the final post with your respective team being in their own camp. (basically, not inside the helicopter/leaving.)

Also, you can make the span of the events in your posts last as long as you want, up to 1 week. Just make sure that on the final day of that week, the events on your posts are finished.

If anyone has any other questions, let me know on Skype or in the OOC!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Sorry this took so long Mr.Foxrally.

Name: Zorox

Age (17+): 23

Race (Human or Faunus - include animal if faunus): human

Personality: Zorox makes it clear to everyone that he does not like the advanced races. Even though he is one, he describes most humans as "worthless pieces of junk that do not deserve to live or be on this planet". Likewise, he describes the Faunus race as "idiotic, stupid animal wannabes who have to copy animals to try to be valid in this world, which they failed at". Zorox is basically angry at the entire world, and he doesn't mind saying so either. Once in a while, he will find a human decent enough to live, but not often. (Side note: he does not actually kill people. He just thinks it.)
Overall, if you were to observe Zorox for the first time, you would think he is a grumpy man. He is never happy, and goes off by himself all the time. He is generally emotionless. He is generally not the kind of person you would want to hang around with.

Appearance (Image, Written or Both): Zorox has black hair that extends to his eyebrows in the front, to the top of his ears on the sides, and down to the middle of his neck in he back. He has green eyes. He has a well-defined moustach that follows the top edge of the lip down until the lip splits the other way.
Most of the time Zorox wears a light gray short sleeve t-shirt. Covering the entire front is a huge blizzard. On the back of the shirt are the words "LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! AHAHAHA!"
Zorox wears basic jeans.
Zorox wears black tennis shoes with grey laces.

Semblance:
Frost Hurricane

Zorox is able to convert his hatred of advanced people's into a small hurricane of frost around him. It grows bigger as more people are aroun him. This ring of frost is not summoned; It follows Zorox at all times.
Sembelence Levels: Coming soon to this post or another post.

Weapon (If Any):
Frost Sword
Zorox wields a sword with the power of his anger. While in his possession, the inside of the blade contains the power of freeze, so that when the blade makes impact with anything, the body temperature of it drops dramatically and makes the target feel REALLY cold.
It can also be thrown. When it leaves Zorox's hand, it creates a miniature version of his Sembelence around the sword. The two Sembelence are magnetized towards each other.
There is a big drawback though. The power of the sword's additional effects is dependent on his sembelence. If not charged enough, the effects will temporarily disappear. If charged for too long, the sword will "overheat" and it's use will be disabled.
Roleplay Sample:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9239239#post9239239

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
-snip-[/url]

No problem at all, no rush.

So as you know you've sent me Zorox's SU in private beforehand, so you know my opinions on the character's personality in general. As for the semblance and weapon, it's quite interesting how he uses his emotions to fuel his semblance - it's actually one of the more orthodox semblances out there in the sense that it uses actual personality traits to be used!

However if you do remember; last time time you sent me the SU, I asked for you to give me a good reason why a thirty year old man would be attending a school filled with students aged 17 to 22, and how well would he be placed in a team. I do not see anything in the SU referring to that, so I'd have to request one first.

Honestly, I'd recommend toning Zorox's age down to the regular (make him 22/23, maybe?) so that you don't have to come up with any excuse, and you can fit in much better! If you do, I can accept you easily.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Zorox's Sembelence Levels
Level 1: Anybody caught in Zorox's frost hurricane takes minor damage and is slightly slowed.
Level 2: The hurricane swirls slightly faster, damaging more often.
Level 3: The frost blade and frost hurricane become more connected, reducing the charge time of the frost blade.
Level 4: Zorox is able to send out his frost hurricane like a boomerang, but Zorox loses power while the hurricane is away from him. Amount of power lost decreases as Zorox levels up.
Level 5: The frost hurricane and the frost blade become more connected, allowing the frost blade to gain a new effect.
New effect: The frost blade now immobilizes the target for one second.
Level 6: While being in the frost hurricane, friendly units are significantly healed every few seconds.
Level 7: When the frost hurricane is not on Zorox (also applies to sword) the frost hurricane splits into two. One of them retreats back to the original owner and grows back to original size . The other frost hurricane targets and move towards an enemy/enemies (stays still if none are nearby) while growing to 400% size, swirl speed, extra slow, and grants blindness. The hurricane dissipates after a few moments.
All levels besides level 4 are passive, meaning that they auto-apply to the frost hurricane and don't naturally go away, like the actual frost hurricane itself. If anything is confusing let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Foxrally

Years

You've levelled your semblance really well! Since you've changed your age to 23, Zorox is accepted! (just be sure to give me a last name sometime xD) PM me your Skype so I can add you to the group chat.

As for a team, have you been thinking of joining with someone else, or just yourself?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Hehe... 2 things.
1. I will get my Skype name to you, but it might make a bit. School lasts a long time. :/
2. I don't believe there are any open teams; however Khawill said a while back when I was first thinking about joining that he might want to my team; I'll have to check up on that.

Khawill

<3
Years
Alex IV

Race:
Human

Appearance:
Alex is gender neutral, slim, and has a very large smile. She dresses rather fashionably, wearing larger more flowy type clothing. He likes colors that remind him of nature, mostly greens yellows, and bright reds. Alex has a feminine build, and a voice that is hard to pin as male or female. His skin is smooth, with rough patches and his eyes are a deep green.

Alex
Spoiler:

Personality:
Alex is brash and abrasive. She is vain, and is confident in herself in such a way that it doesn't come off as overcompensating. He isn't the type of person to try and prove that he is the best, he simply makes decisions based on the knowledge that he is the best. Alex is fearless, not courageous, and will do anything to succeed at her task. Alex is fairly nice, and can even be charming, she doesn't discriminate, and treats everyone just the same. Alex holds no grudges on people, and accepts almost everything wrong with the world, holding the idea that she can handle anything. The only person he hates is his mother, who also happens to be the only person Alex fears. Alex can seem unstable, or chaotic and even irrational at times. Intuition is her only way of making decisions, and often she'll listen to teammates for guidance. Alex is like a human weapon, dangerous when pointed in the right direction, but often useless on its own.

On the downside, Alex isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He isn't the most knowledgeable about the world, and he lacks the ability to read or write. She loves to fight, to a degree that it's almost a hazard to herself, and no enemy is too big to back down from. Alex hates fighting weaker foes.

Semblance: Madness and Evolution (Chaos)

Alex IV can occasionally be triggered, through bloodlust, excitement, or other extreme emotions. This triggers the madness portion of her semblance, diminishing her feelings of pain, restraint, and logic. He is immune to reason, mind tricks, and is much more likely to tear himself apart. This can also be seen as blind determination, as she will always set herself on a task, and will rarely calm down until the task is complete.

Evolution is the second half of her semblance. Alex IV's body develops resistances to anything that causes him traumatic damage. For example, if she survives drowning, she will have much more efficient lungs and can remain under water much longer, if she is clawed, when her wound heals up, the skin will be much tougher, able to block at most that level of scratch. The more traumatic or near death experiences he lives through, the stronger overall he gets (though the way that the body develops resistances can be seemingly random).

Weapon: A very large wheel that can be powered up at the danger of painful wounds. When powered up, the material is stronger and can be used like a shield. Can be powered up multiple times, though each time is more and more dangerous to the user's body. Additionally the weapon is incredibly heavy, making it very good for use as a blunt object.

Foxrally

Years

Seems like Alex is all clear for accepting, but I'd have to ask you to either pick Rage or Adaptability as a semblance, since they're not really related at all and it just feels like you have two xD

I would suggest keeping rage, because considering the video of the wheel and how it can be 'powered up' I think the semblance could be used to do the same to Alex's wheel. You could give adaptability to your other NPCs, if you'd like to!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
I hope I'm doing this right. Are these too short?
Team ZBRA
Z: Zorox
B: Bradley Stashin
Spoiler:

R: Rashad Boot
Spoiler:

A: Ariel Chornae
Spoiler:

Will be finished later.

Last edited:
Back