• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [OOC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [END]

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Since Nara's role has accidently been expanded and Fen needs two more team members... decided to make Nara and full PC and create anither character for the 4th member:

No RP sample since you can see way too many in the RP thread...

Spoiler:

I don't see a RP sample, denied

Looks really great! I like how Nara is slightly jealous of her sister''s relationship with Varik, it's great grounds for character development. As for Gary, I am a little skeptical of his semblance and how strong it is. I hope you don't make it too overpowered in the field, but I've seen your writing ability by now so I trust you to keep it reasonable ;)

On a side note everyone, Arc 4 should be out very soon as soon as I get back on the 13th! So close the end, let's rock this boys <3

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Foxrally said:

Where is the Discord chat for my this RP huh my boy? Get with the times man! :P

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Where is the Discord chat for my this RP huh my boy? Get with the times man! :P

do I hear someone challenging my reign?

I've decided to stay with Skype for now mostly because I haven't seen a reason to change yet. Nobody's really asked for discord yet (aside from yourself, of course) so I never really considered it. Though I'd gladly switch to discord now if enough people wanted it, I use both so it poses no problem to me personally.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Orx here, on behalf of Team FEAR.

I suppose if no one else is averse to my doing so, I would like to claim the human side's third mission, to garner information from the Faunus and maybe bring down a "leader of the revolution." I'll PM you in a while with some questions and propositions for how I mean to do so, Mr. Foxrally.

Years
This is Godzil, speaking on behalf of the neglected Team CAOX. We choose to abstain from the three provided missions, but nevertheless express interest in posting again. Expect to see us in part 4, playing bit parts in the larger narrative.

(What's this "we" stuff? CAOX is just me.)

Information on Team BROS is still pending. Please stand by for further news.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
(I will use this character in an "Other" RP at least once before I ditch him.)

Name: Kiro Irakuza
Race: Human

Appearance: Darkish skinned and 6 feet tall. He has straightened super dark red hair that appears as a nearly black, very dark brown that is just like his eyes. There's also a streak of dark red dye in front that drapes slightly over his left eye. He's wearing a black masked hoodie with a grey design strewn across it and a red and black shirt underneath. He also has dark jeans with black shoes that have dark red designs and laces. He often has a thin dark red cape attached to his left shoulder as it compliments the pieces of light metal armor throughout his outfit, making it a little more of an urban costume than casual clothing, but it still blends in with crowds well enough. Kiro sometimes changes reds in his style to, most often blues or, whatever color happens to fancy him at the time.

Personality: Maturity is sometimes hard to find in Kiro as he is very rash and fun loving. It often gets him into trouble. He goes about life in a very carefree manner, until he gets into an undesirable situation that is. He often procrastinates with things he doesn't want to do to have fun. Kiro also isn't the nicest person at times, but he doesn't have a problem with the Faunus, though he does have trouble ignoring certain animalistic traits of theirs. In the end, he is still a childish butthole that doesn't really want to ever grow up.

Semblance: Darkness

Somewhat less effective in fully lit areas, Kiro can absorb shadows to revitalize himself and manipulate them.
Spoiler:

Weapon: Nytemare's Bane

Despite the decorative technological look, that color coordinates with his outfit, the weapon is primarily mechanical. It consists of a double edged serrated blade which can be discreetly extended or retracted, from a mechanism worn on the underside of his left forearm, that is activated by a thrusting flick of the wrist, utilized in conjunction with a bracer coupled with a protective vambrace and worn with a fingerless glove that slightly covers the ring finger. Once extended the blade can rotate a full 360 degrees at will, however when at 180 degrees, a hilt is revealed which, when pulled, unsheaths a one-handed, slightly curved and lightly serrated, longsword that can be used separately alongside the original blade.

The wrist weapon is often modified whenever Kiro gets an interesting idea. So far he's added, a thin yet strong metal plate on the lower half of the blade allows him to not only safely deflect enemy attacks with the blade, but also grip the blade when it pivots. This allows him to use the blade as a dagger when necessary. Along with a firing mechanism atop the original mechanism that can be loaded with many types of ammunition, including Dust rounds.

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8576896&postcount=644

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years

First of all, allow me to say, welcome! It's surprising to see someone still joining even at this stage of the RP, I'm really glad you found it interesting enough to still want to join :D Fresh faces are always welcome!

So far Kiro seems like a really enjoyable character, I've read the sample - which seems to be the same character - and I reckon you're quite comfortable with writing him! (funnily enough, i tried to join that SAO RP back in early 2015, but ended up in Gunpowder instead) I also think that you should add his faceclaim/picture to the SU for more visibility (I believe it was similar to this this one.) I wonder what his attitude towards faunus are? It's been shown that even cheery, optimistic characters can be quite prejudiced and sometimes outright despise the opposite race.

For his semblance I would like to point out one thing - another character, Orx's Evegy Weqq, already has a very similar semblance. While I don't outright ban semblance overlaps, I felt the need to point it out since it would feel like he is a lot less unique compared to the other characters.

The one other change I'd like to request before accepting you is about the bracer/wrist weapon. While I think it's a really cool concept, I think the grapple, crossbpw and harpoon/trident features are a little too much for just one weapon. Having a harpoon, crossbow, electrical trident, and a grapple shot in addition to a blade and gun are a little too much for just one weapon. You can definitely keep the weapon's ability to fire bullets, as well as the blade (Assassin's creed hah), but the other features are a little too strong :x

Once this change is done (and you maybe reconsider the semblance), you are accepted!

Now, how are you planning to make a team? Are you thinking of going solo and making the other 3 members, or is there someone else joining along with you that you'll be teaming with?

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
For his semblance I would like to point out one thing - another character, Orx's Evegy Weqq, already has a very similar semblance. While I don't outright ban semblance overlaps, I felt the need to point it out since it would feel like he is a lot less unique compared to the other characters.

Now, how are you planning to make a team? Are you thinking of going solo and making the other 3 members, or is there someone else joining along with you that you'll be teaming with?

I've toned down his weapon and put a little more thought into his Semblance. As for a team however, I haven't actually thought about it.

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
I've toned down his weapon and put a little more thought into his Semblance. As for a team however, I haven't actually thought about it.

Alright then, Kiro Irakuza is accepted!

As for teams, it's simple really. You just have to make 3 additional SUs for the other team members, but the SUs only need to contain, Name, age, semblance and weapon (the latter 2 for balancing purposes). Once you're done, I can add you to the team list and you can get posting right away! You should also join our skype group chat (it's linked in the OP).

Also, make sure you read the Act 4 GM post. The current time of the year is winter, and very few students and teachers are at either school, so there are no classes happening (although students are allowed to roam the school freely).

Foxrally

Years
Figured I'd do a little semblance level thing too myself, since they're pretty fun.

Spoiler: Jairo
Level 1 - Jairo can play his self-orchestrated melody, Dreadsong, which repels anyone in its radius who hears it, causing them to run away from combat. If Jairo plays it for too long he can succumb to the effects of the song himself.

Level 2 - Jairo can 'plant fear' on a particular target, allowing for the effects of Dreadsong to take effect on them even after the song has ended. Affected targets may also suffer from minor hallucinations now.

Level 3 - Dreadsong can now be concentrated into a beam or cone-like form, amplifying its power and range. Jairo is also unaffected by the song now, and can select targets (such as allies) to not be affected by the song by maneuvering the new targeting/concentration ability.

Level 4 - Jairo can allow his music to take on a more destructive form now, rather than just creating fear. His new melody, Tremorsong, creates powerful tremors in the surrounding area by amplifying the sound of the violin immensely, causing damage to structures and enemies in the area. Similarly to Dreadsong, it can be concentrated in a beam or cone.

Level 5 - Tremorsong can now affect the ground Jairo is standing on, causing mini-earthquakes in the surrounding area. Dreadsong's hallucinations are now much more vivid, and can persist for a very long time.

Level 6 - Song of the Arachnids is Jairo's third and final song. When playing this song, Jairo can effectively summon a legion of small ethereal spiders to attack the enemy. There is a limit to how many can be summoned, as the more spiders appear the more tired he becomes. The spiders are controlled by him mentally, and attack as a unit - but can split up if necessary. They disappear if needed.

Level 7 - Combining the effects of Dreadsong, Tremorsong, and Song of the Arachnids, Jairo summons a massive ethereal 'orchestra' that plays its music across an extremely large area. Due to the fear effect, enemies are almost completely unable to fight near the orchestra - as well as the hordes of spiders and tremors originating from the music.

Spoiler: Sahn
Level 1 - Whenever Jairo plays Dreadsong, Sahn becomes empowered, with increased strength and endurance.

Level 2 - Sahn gains in speed and agility when Jairo plays Dreadsong, in addition to greater boosts to her strength and endurance. She cannot stay in this state for long.

Level 3 - When empowered, Sahn can redirect and concentrate her power and strength to particular limbs or muscles. If redirected to her legs, she can leap extremely far and high. If redirected to her arms, she gains additional strength in them, allowing her to carry/push/pull much more than usual. She cannot remain in this state for more than a few minutes, as it drains her energy very quickly.

Level 4 - Sahn can now activate her 'empowered' form independently, without Dreadsong or Tremorsong. Empowering herself now greatly boosts Sahn's strength, speed, and reaction time, and renders her skin almost impenetrable by ordinary blades or bullets.

Level 5 - Sahn can now remain in her empowered state almost indefinitely, although it drains her energy little by little. She can also now share the defensive aspects of her semblance to an ally by physical contact, rendering their skin impenetrable and increasing their defense.

Level 6 - Sahn has learned to release her inner strength outwards, allowing for her to attack in large areas and even at distance using shockwaves. Sahn may powerfully expulse her strength in an area around her, knocking back and damaging enemies in the radius. Shockwaves created by clapping her hands or other attacks can travel for long distances, getting weaker as they travel however.

Level 7 - Sahn becomes an enraged machine of destruction and uncontrolled power. When unleashed, her strength becomes limitless, giving her the ability to lift trucks as if they were pebbles, and pull out gigantic craters out of the ground effortlessly. Her energy projection is stronger than ever, and she becomes practically immovable by most means. This form does not last long, but with the damage it can cause, it's better that way.

Spoiler: Mira
Level 1 - Using her mind, Mira can trace a straight path (i.e. vector) for any object, determining its height and position. Upon activation, the object will fly in that direction, for the speed and duration that Mira has chosen.

Level 2 - Mira can now use her semblance on other people, including herself, and can levitate her spear with enough strength for her to sit on it. She can now also chain multiple vectors in succession.

Level 3 - Mira can stop completely negate the movement path of an object or person, including falling, running, jumping, etc. and change it to her own desired path of movement. This allows her to slow down her falling speeds in midair, or stop a running target right in its tracks.

Level 4 - Mira can now gather information on a particular object or person's weight, height, width, etc simply by looking at them, and determine the size and surface area of a region by sight as well. In addition, she can now amplify herself or others' auras with her vectors, creating an invisible protective layer which protects from environmental (but not weaponized) damage and effects.

Level 5 - Mira has now learned to use her semblance more... offensively. Drawing inspiration from Nel's airblades, Mira can now use her vectors to brutally slice objects and enemies apart, by sending out opposing vectors in different parts of the objects. These vectors are almost instantaneous, meaning they are mostly silent and can be used stealthily.

Level 6 - With her vectors now fully developed and her semblance at its full potential, Mira becomes almost invulnerable to gunfire, redirecting almost any bullets fired in her direction. She can move with expert precision thanks to her vectors as well, and can analyze a battlefield's weak and strong spots from a single bird's eye view.

Level 7 - Mira 'slows down' an area around her, freezing all enemies, including herself, in place as she sets up her vectors to slash across the area. Enemies are fully conscious during this state, and can only watch hopelessly as she forms her plan, only to release the time-freezing effect and annihilate anything in the area.

Spoiler: Nel
Level 1 - Using her semblance, Gale Force, Nel can create sharp, cutting blades of wind to attack her opponents. She can also use it to blow her foes back and away from her to create extra distance.

Level 2 - Nel can now change the direction of airflow around her body, allowing her to reduce her falling speed and glide for short distances, or jump higher than normal.

Level 3 - Nel can now concentrate gale force into precise darts or airblades, and has overall much more control over her wind blades. Her chakrams are also controllable in mid-air as long as they are in a gust of wind.

Level 4 - Nel has now learned to modify her semblance into various forms, including large 'wind balls' which can deal damage upon impact and explode violently outwards, mini-tornadoes which disperse enemies and cause chaos in compact areas, and even throw 'air punches' which cause blunt damage from a distance.

Level 5 - Nel can now slightly modify the characteristics of the air around her, including humidity, temperature, wind power, etc. Allowing for techniques such as creating fog, incapacitating enemies in sweltering heat and alternatively, cool herself down by reducing the temperature of the air to a more comfortable state.

Level 6 - Having mastered her control of the wind and skies, Nel can now effectively fly around the battlefield effortlessly. Although staying in a single spot is difficult, she can now dash around the air with ease, with the help of the other effects of her semblance.

Level 7 - Nel summons a massive cyclone which ravages everything in its path, with herself being in the very center. The cyclone follows her movements, and can pick up anything from people to trucks to large bodies of water. At the end, Nel can violently expulse everything the cyclone has gathered.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I should probably post this at some point.

Brooke Webster
Spoiler:

Reese Kells
Spoiler:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
NAVF will do option E: None of the above...

Sorry hard to fit NAVF into one of those missions due to the team's interests and goals. Also Varik's past public support of Faunus likely will result in Beacon not trusting them. Sooo off to kill Grimm in the mainlands to keep them out of the way...

Also working on revised Nilya and Varik for the level up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I was told to post my sign up here, but here goes!

Name: Kaylee Akua
Race: Deer faunus
Personality: Kaylee's personality is shy and sociable upon situation, just like a deer in real life. She is usually peaceful and calm. in a group of faunus she treats them more like family. In a group of humans, she would be more reserved and ready to flee upon conflict. She would rather solve a problem without conflict if absolutely possible, again, depending on situation she will fight. Like if Grimm were involved in the situation, then she's all out fight, otherwise she's peaceful.
Appearance: (image given, changed slightly) Kaylee has brown fluffy shoulder length hair with spots on top, fairly flat chested and strikingly dark green eyes, her antlers are average sized considering her family has varying lengths.
Semblance: speed, Kaylee can fight fast, although she's above average in running she can even slow down herself enough to get a precision shot off.
Weapon: scythe/rifle
Roleplay Sample: Kaylee sits in the tree she usually broods in, but today, she's training. Shooting homemade targets that she's ground holes into, close to the center blot of paint. Or, she's protecting the simple wildlife in the woods from Grimm the best she can. After she's done that, she goes back to her house where she's made a cottage and tends to the crops she's growing and selling. After a hard day of work, she relaxes in the pond nearby bathing herself before she sleeps for the night. She is also a graduated huntress, and is waiting for a call of duty

TEAM KYND:
Niko Alvarez
Semblance: Reflection/Protection. Niko's semblance manifests itself in the form of mirrors that reflect projectiles and can block attacks. These mirrors are stationary, but can be formed suspended in mid air. They break after one non projectile attack, and each mirror additional mirror after one makes the other mirrors weaker. Reflected attacks are always weaker than the original, and are easy to dodge (unless the attack is fast). Signifies his tendencies to hide behind cover, as well as his
Weapon: Niko has no weapon, opting for light, protective wear and various light and smoke bombs.

David Grohl
Semblance: Elemental Charge. David can use dust to charge an object with an element. Represents his all around personality.
Weapon: A composite bow with two revolving dust chambers. Transforms into two nightsticks.

Yvette Moreau
Semblance: True Sight: Yvette can look at an opponent and quickly discern physical weaknesses, habits, and strengths. Additionally, she can judge things like aura strength, weight, mental state, and emotions. She is keen on slight muscle movements before an action, making her excellent at hand to combat. Represents her obsessive and judgmental personality.
Weapon: Yvette fights with gloves, clawed at the fingertips. Additionally, she is good with throwing knives.

I can edit the sample as I go. I hope you like me!

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years

no i dont like u get off my lawn

I see you've named your character after your username (or the opposite?) does that suggest a self-insert? Pretty interesting. In terms of balance for Kaylee's semblance and weapons, I don't have anything to object to really (can't go wrong with a canon combination, amirite) so you're all cleared in that regard. Teammates are also completely fine (I really like Niko's). Now, the only thing I'd like to see changed is Kaylee's age. Since she's a graduate, and the minimum age for entry is 17, she would have to be at least 21 to be graduated, even more if she did so a long time ago.

Aside from that, nothing else to add (I've seen your JP with Kha and I'll be using that as a sample, so you're all good) and Kaylee Akua is accepted!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
STLL is back yo. As we discussed Fox, working on my post now.

Back