• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS Speculation Contest Winners Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Hello! I know you've all been waiting patiently for what seems like... well, actually has been months now for the winners to be announced. The contest closed a couple of days ago and with the help of shenanigans in sifting through what amounted to approximately 210 entries, I've come to a conclusion on the winners. The winners of the contest were those who provided theories that were creative and unique - some of them were even surprisingly accurate! Or, at least, we hope they're accurate.

I'd like everyone to join me in congratulating the 1st Place winner and the receiver of their choice in either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire...

Monte Blanc

Here are some highlights from Monte Blanc's entry:

Monte Blanc said:
    I believe we'll see a flip in the stories, with Team Magma being the main villains in AS and Aqua being the antagonists of OR. This flip would result in you battling Archie/Maxie (Each controlling their respective legendary beast) with Kyogre/Groudon. Rayquaza would then, once again, swoop in and halt the battling, possibly being awakened by Wally, or simply by the battle between Groudon and Kyogre. Rayquaza would then be found at the top of Sky Pillar, but could only be accessed if the player is in possession of the Green Orb, obtained by reuniting the Red and Blue Orbs.
    Monte Blanc said:
    Signature moves are on the table since Mewtwo got one, finally, in Gen V. I think something along the lines of:

• Tsunami: Water//Special//120 BP//5 PP//100% Accuracy// A tremendous wave floods the entire field, hitting all targets.
    • Seismic Rift: Ground//Physical//120 BP//5 PP//95% Accuracy// A rift in the earth opens beneath the target, swallowing them whole and possibly leaving a burn. 30% chance of inflicting Burn.
    Monte Blanc said:
    Rayquaza sub-plot involving the Mt. Pyre couple, Archie, and Maxie. After defeating Archie/Maxie and becoming Champion, you can return to Mt. Pyre to begin a quest to receive the Green Orb and access to the Sky Pillar and Rayquaza. When you return to the summit of Mt. Pyre, you'll witness Archie/Maxie apologize for stealing their respective orbs with the other boss accompanying them for moral support. The two will notice you and leave, after which the elder couple will explain the stones' deeper connection to Groudon and Kyogre and of a third stone that was lost to time, said to be connected to the Sky Dragon. The elders will suggest asking around Pacificlog Town for more information on the mysterious Green Orb. There, you will discover a Green Orb Shard and learn that four other pieces exist in the waters of Hoenn and must be collected to restore the Orb. Luckily, the shard pulsates when it is near another fragment, so all you have to do is Dive and play Hot/Cold. After collecting the shards, you must return to Mt. Pyre to have the elders reassemble it, granting you access to Sky Pillar.

The 2nd Place winner, who will also be receiving their choice in game, is...

Nurse Joy

Here are some highlights from Nurse Joy's entry:

Nurse Joy said:
    The Rooms of the Pokemon League:
    Glacia: An icy cave with some training equipment within. There will also be numerous shelves filled with Pokemon Goods (her strategy is to rely on items).
    Phoebe: Spooky like Shauntal's room, resembling a haunted house, with a few gravestones here and there. It will have stuff related to the history of Hoenn in it (her grandma is the old lady at Mt. Pyre).
    Drake: filled with dragons like the ones in Opelucid gym (BW or B2W2) and the elder's house in the Dragon's Den, as well as having decor reminiscent of sailing and the sea, since he's a captain
    Sidney: A dark battleground surrounded by torches. It will be based upon a battleground-stadium-colosseum type of place (he loves to battle)
    Steven: steel walls and steel bookshelves and steel tables, among other steel decor. There will be a battleground in the center of the room. The room will be FILLED WITH STONES!! :D Sort of like Lenora's room, how she had all those research materials everywhere. They will mostly be in glass cases, but there will be a few on desks and shelves, like he's studying them.
    Nurse Joy said:
    those games.The Battle Frontier will return with more land, some sort of Island Chain or small region where more Pokemon can be found and fun can be had. Bigger than the Sevii Islands but smaller than Kanto. Similar in size to the postgame area in DPPt plus the Sevii Islands. This whole area will collectively be called the Battle Frontier. There will be a few new towns here, as well as some caves and forests. There will be some islands near here, where the Terra/Marine Cave can be found post-game. The Battle Frontier will be on a new map like the Sevii Islands were. It'll probably be to the South-East. The other islands around there might become other towns and stuff. The Trainer Hill can be relocated to where the Battle Tower/Frontier was originally.
    Nurse Joy said:
    It'd make sense for Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres to be researched by the Weather Institute, but they were in X & Y so it'd be overkill. If they weren't in X & Y, postgame one of them would be wandering around depending on your starter, and the Weather Institute tells you where they are. They accidentally angered one of them while studying it, and now it's causing chaos. Articuno will roam around and bring snow if you chose Torchic, Zapdos will bring thunderstorms if you chose Treecko, and Moltres will bring harsh sunlight if you chose Mudkip. There will also be many event Pokemon! They can only be unlocked through events, though. Jirachi will be waiting next to the white rock (the girl will say,"my wish came true!), Deoxys will be found in space (the space station will take you there), Darkrai will be found on the top of Mt. Pyre (just because), Manaphy will be found on the beach in Lilycove, Victini will be found in some abandoned house somewhere, Mew will be found on some island somewhere, Shaymin will be found in a secret area that can be reached through Rusturf Cave (after it's unlocked through an event), Meloetta will be given to you by some lady in the Contest Hall, Genesect will be found in the abandoned Magma/Aqua Hideout near the coast of Lilycove.

Once again, congratulations and good job on stellar entries. If you didn't win, I encourage you to enter all of our future events for your chance at your own future glory. You can comment in this thread to congratulate the winners, discuss the contest, talk about the winners' entries, etc. Please don't post any negative remarks or complaints here, but rather private message me if you have any problems.

Thanks again, everyone. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm confused about the first quote up there. I don't remember anything like that being confirmed. Is it just a random part you grabbed from his predictions? Maybe you should be more specific about what was confirmed in their predictions so we know how well they really did.

Oh, and congrats guys!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm confused about the first quote up there. I don't remember anything like that being confirmed. Is it just a random part you grabbed from his predictions? Maybe you should be more specific about what was confirmed in their predictions so we know how well they really did.
    Never did I specify what I quoted were the parts that were accurate/confirmed. I just pulled some cool **** I liked.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I was under the impression when this contest started that accuracy was what won, so I guess I just assumed there would be some stuff up there about what people got right. No worries.
    I understand your confusion. The difference comes in that this was a speculation contest, not necessarily a prediction contest. Accurate submissions were great but not necessarily the breadwinners.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Congratulations to both of you! You both did very well and made some very amazing speculation on the games. And a lot of that speculation you've both made, I really wish it would've made it into the games, such as the Jade Orb being used for Primal Reversion for Rayquaza.

But still, I'm looking forward to the Pokémon X2 and Y2 Speculation Contest that will happen on PC in 2015, and I'll definitely be entering that one! ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back