• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Order in the league!

Years
  • I definitely hope they keep the order, having a structured Elite Four was one of my favourite elements of the original Pokémon games; their hierarchy gave you a sense of achievement as you progressed and plus, I really like Sidney welcoming the Hoenn challenger to the Hoenn League and would miss that if they didn't include it :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I hope they keep the order too. It feels "natural" or "real" in some ways when one battles Sidney first. I wouldn't care if they didn't - since, yeah, I could just battle them in their true order. But if they do make us choose the order, then I'd seriously want them to be as hard just as they were in the originals.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Maybe they could have the best of both worlds and have the order randomized each time?

That way you have the challenge of possibly facing your worst next, whilst there still being so standard way of battling them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Randomized would be an improvement from Kalos' pick the order (and know who is where too before you battle them). Imagine expecting Sydney while having a Machoke in front of your party only to get Phoebe...

Years
  • Randomization is actually a perfect idea, and would satisfy people on both sides of the argument equally. They'd have to have teams with similar levels and strength, but without knowing the order, it's hard to plan ahead and prepare accordingly. Probably their best option, because picking the order makes the Elite Four the opposite of 'elite', even though I liked the feature originally.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I prefer Randomization too as to be more challenging if they arent going to return to the old system. Maybe if ORAS will have a challenge mode, maybe they could have it as when you enter the room, the battle will automatically start so that there will not be a chance to a last minute party switch?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I prefer Randomization too as to be more challenging if they arent going to return to the old system. Maybe if ORAS will have a challenge mode, maybe they could have it as when you enter the room, the battle will automatically start so that there will not be a chance to a last minute party switch?
    Along with the randomized room orders so it's different every time? That would be a cool switch. Then again, I think there's some bit of strategy that's nice to have available with switching the starting member.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's going to be in order since it's a remake and the original Ruby and Sapphire were in order, so ORAS will most likely do the same.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Going in order like the originals seems the most likely option at the moment. Personally I wouldn't mind that at all, jumping from level 46 to 58 in the space of 5 battles really does make it a lot harder. I just reached the E4 in my most recent Sapphire play through and all of my team are still low 40's.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Yeaah I'm expecting the league to be completely in order just as it was in the originals.

Remake, blah blah blah. Also I'm in agreement on the whole dislike of the league being out of order in X&Y and such. I did not like having to choose who to fight with. I liked it better when I hardly had a chance to heal or decide a strategy. Made things a lot harder, to be quite honest.

I like walking out of that Champion room tattered and broken, feeling super proud of myself for wiping the floor with the increasingly stronger and stronger league members, then defeating the strongest of all in the end. In X&Y I wasn't satisfied because they were all of equal power in my eyes and I swept them far too easily.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Would be great to have Randomized E4 order but not only that also have some of their pokemons being random from a bank of maybe like 12 pokemons, they would keep their signature pokemon tho so it make 5 of them being random.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Would be great to have Randomized E4 order but not only that also have some of their pokemons being random from a bank of maybe like 12 pokemons, they would keep their signature pokemon tho so it make 5 of them being random.

Wow, I really like this idea. It would be really great, especially if they threw a bunch of Dual-types into the mix, so then you really would have no idea what to bring to fight them. :) !! I really do like this idea, and if they don't use it for ORAS I would love to see it in a future generation.

Years
  • I don't mind either way, so long as they make it harder. I felt that the recent E4's, initially, haven't been all that impressive or challenging.It would really cool if they built it up so that Steven's (Or Wallace's??) team is about 10+ levels higher than Sydney's. It would certainly be a hell of a fight if he has several Pokemon like Aggron, Cradily, Amaldo, Skarmory, etc., that are all lvl 60+.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • It is kinda disappointing that E4 is kinda weak in XY. I hope that when they do return in ORAS, you should be grinding hard to Lv80s before challenging them, either if they did it the old system or the new one.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I actually just made a post about the E4 and champion levels, but yeah I agree with you Gunner.

Our ease in leveling in the current games make the E4 and champion look like total saps. If I remember correctly I had like 10 levels on the champion or more when I challenged her in X&Y... that's kinda ridiculous. Leveling is literally a no-brainer now thanks to all the buffs it's been given in the last like 4 years, especially the Exp. Share one.

I honestly feel like they should buff the levels of the E4 and the champion in ORAS if they plan on keeping our leveling ease. If not, rid Audino and that stupid Exp. Share buff. A lot of the older fans of RSE want to see the original difficulty of the games they grew up with, not this kid-oriented 'hold your hand the whole way through' crap. u_u

Back