• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Misty Vs HGSS Misty !

The Best version of Misty

• Original Misty

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • GSC Misty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HGSS Misty

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A New Misty with better One-side Ponytail

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Even since Misty appear in HGSS with her new look , I have been wondering who's cuter !
    Honestly , I think HGSS Misty isn't that cute at all ! Her hairstyle seem outdated.
    Plus , I think Misty should have stick to her trademard One-side Ponytail by coming up with new Longer One-Side Ponytail.
    So , Which version of Misty you like ???

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    If by "Original Misty" you mean Red/Green/Blue Misty, then i agreed, Gold/Silver Misty is outdated

Generally i like when women show theire naked bellys, so i prefer Anime Kanto-Johto Misty over Hoenn Misty

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    If by "Original Misty" you mean Red/Green/Blue Misty, then i agreed, Gold/Silver Misty is outdated

Generally i like when women show theire naked bellys, so i prefer Anime Kanto-Johto Misty over Hoenn Misty

TMI, but I'd have to agree. Original Misty had the best outfit and hairstyle in my opinion.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Phew. The visual novel I'm working on has original Misty hairstyle (slightly modified).

Though, I am using her Hoenn outfit. Her in-game outfits tend to be swimsuits, so I needed something else to work with. A toss-up between the original outfit and Advanced Generation outfit and I chose the latter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So , I'm not the only one to hate Misty's HGSS design .
    I was pretty pissed at Ken Sugimori for designing Misty like that !
    Just look at B2W2 Elesa , She became so much hotter in B2W2 --
    Spoiler:

But why the opposite happen with Misty ???
    Hack , I practically wishing for another Gen I/Gen II squeal where Misty will have a new version of One-side Ponytail and Kento will have its own Elite 4 & Champion instate off sharing the same E4 & Champion with Jotho.
    Something like "Aqua Blue".
    Plus , HGSS ended with various cliffhanger ! For example : Blaine's gym being destroyed.
    I believe , That Older Misty should look like this --

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Sorry what does TMI mean?
    Too much information.

Probably wasn't a fan of the midriff comment.

Plus , HGSS ended with various cliffhanger ! For example : Blaine's gym being destroyed.
    The Cinnabar Island volcano erupted between Generation I & II and the island became uninhabitable. That was explained in the Gen II games.

Natural disasters. They happen.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    It could just be nostalgia talking.... but original Misty is best Misty. Her old design is just classic.
    I think the style matches her tomboyish personality.
    I get that they were trying to make her more mature looking with her updated design.... but it just looks weird. Doesn't seem like a natural evolution of the original design.

Years
    I don't understand all the hate towards HG/SS Misty, I actually like how this design had something different going for her, and I wasn't as big of a fan of the sidetail or the skimpier outfits she wore in those other designs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    the one sided ponytail is too much of a staple. the other haircut is a representation of the dreaded mom cut

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't really have a preference but I think HGSS Misty looks maturer. 8)

Mature , Older , Difference doesn't matter !
    The only thing matter , Is Misty looks Cuter and Hotter !!!
    There is no point of Misty looking older or Mature if she doesn't look cuter and hotter.
    As for personality , those are for Anime & Manga to give it to her .

That why Most people voted for Original Misty !
    Because she looks much more prettier in her One-side Ponytail So If she going to change her look then its has to be something better then her One-side Ponytail.
    Off course , Original Misty isn't that cutest ! Misty can be much more cuter if Ken Sugimori actually gives her a prettier desing
    This is the combination of Cute & Mature Misty that is needed--
    Or

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Still prefer HGSS Misty. She provided a better challenge too.

Actually , I was simply wanted to ask which version of Misty is cuter !
    After all , "Look" has nothing to do with battling skill .
    Plus , HGSS Misty suppose to be stronger then Original Misty since HGSS Misty 3 year older.

Back