• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original or Remakes?

Years
    To me, I prefer the remakes. With more move options, and the physical/special split (except in FRLG), as well as a lot of cooler new features, I don't need nostalgia goggles. I just want to like being able to use the Pokémon present.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    It depends. HeartGold and SoulSilver are my most favorite games of all time, so when compared to their originals, I definitely prefer the former. I found FRLG a bit boring since it's so similar to RBY, but the Sevii Islands were a nice addition. I miss diversity from these games, but thanks to the Sevii Islands I'll pick the remakes. ORAS is a bit iffy, because I grew up with the originals, so I can't look at the games from an objective standpoint - but I'll choose ORAS, though it didn't really live to my expectations.

Years
    I've just played Ruby for the first time and if was quite weird having played Alpha Sapphire first. ORAS is far superior but I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. If in say a decades time Black & White got remade for whatever console we have then it'd be interesting to see whether I'm still on team remake or I get nostalgic for the originals!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I try every remake that's for sure, but I end up choosing the originals if I have to choose a favorite. Like my favorite game is Gold/Silver. I really liked HeartGold and SoulSilve,r only good things to say, but I will still choose Gold and SIlver over them.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I prefer FRLG over RBY.
    I prefer GSC over HGSS.
    And in all honesty, I think I feel the same about RSE and ORAS. I do like ORAS a little bit more, but I just loved RSE so much it's hard to say no to it.

Back