• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch Mafia: Game over?!

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
  • I want to vote Abby so that I can vote and nobody dies because no one else votes Abby. Is that an option?
    Of course it is. But one or many might question your motives for doing so. One might wonder why you are afraid to point fingers.

Care to explain? Seems like you're spitting out a lot of hot air and with no reasoning behind it so far it REALLY just seems like someone is starting to panic, no? Not sure WHY you're panicking as you're not in danger, so this is just starting to ruse suspicion.

Again same as Paranoia, if you can give me some valid reasoning then I can at least accept it, although I'd rather we didn't lose a member of town this early on with either me being ganged up on because of this and vice versa.
    Wow Rabi. You lost your cool immediately after being accused and I really don't like this. You only have one vote even. Smh day's about to end, but this is definitely worth a vote. What to do, what to do!?

I think Rabi saw an opportunity to slip on to the wagon (pretty much by reiterating what you said) and he also leaves himself room to back out with the "if you are indeed town, then perhaps re-iterate your points to reflect that" line
    You do make a good point. After taking Paranoia's claim into consideration, this seems like a solid read to me. Be it right or wrong, it seems like more than an attempt to fake a read, it gives the feeling of someone who actually tried gamesolving. So I'll go ahead and say you're currently my strongest townread.
    Your pressure also proved to be effective as Rabi went nuts earlier.
    Can we have more opinions on Rabi before the day ends?

Years
  • You do make a good point. After taking Paranoia's claim into consideration, this seems like a solid read to me. Be it right or wrong, it seems like more than an attempt to fake a read, it gives the feeling of someone who actually tried gamesolving. So I'll go ahead and say you're currently my strongest townread.
    Your pressure also proved to be effective as Rabi went nuts earlier.
    Can we have more opinions on Rabi before the day ends?

Still in school so this will be brief, but from what I've seen scrolling through, I will agree here in that it seems weird that he would get so aggressive after just a couple of votes. Will add more soon.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I am very, very confused by the events of night one. Let me know if this is true.

Torbjorn gave someone armor. The person given armor was attacked. That person also performed a role in the night. Is this true?
    That is true. The phase post says that the person attacked was on watch, which most probably hints to the tracker. Which is also why Abby didn't want to claim hit. It would give away his role and it's a pretty important role.
    And since I mentioned this, what should happen tonight is this : Doctor, whose identity is still unknown, should protect Paranoia tonight, and Paranoia should vest Abby. The mafia will probably use the strongman kill on one of the two, unfortunately, but at least it will be one ability spent for the mafia. On a bright note, there is no roleblocker, so all these reveals are not too terrible.

Also: The person who was attacked knows he/she was attacked, right?
    According to Nightkrow, aka the host, this is correct.

ALSO GAIDEN: Johnny was given fake armor by Sombra, which means we can confirm him as not mafia as long as long as we can confirm that he did not get armor from Torbjorn, right? Unless he's super lying about getting PMs.
    Johnny is good at lying, and I suspect he is not being entirely honest. For the moment, my gut tells me he is the amnesiac, but it's only a gut feeling.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I agree that Rabi overreacted. I suppose that's just a fault in his personality. At this stage in the game, were all suss. Personally, I think the shadiest moves so far have been made by Ninjorf. I think abstaining is a cowardly move, not at all done with problem-solving in mind. He believes random voting helps the mafia but I humbly disagree. Discussion during the day phase is the most powerful tool town has and it should not be thrown away. Collectively, we should work together. Ninjorf has proven he is not interested in that. And to then vote for the confirmed target of last night's hit? That will get us nowhere. My vote to lynch still goes to Ninjorf.

Ninjorf

Friendo
    Years
  • I agree that Rabi overreacted. I suppose that's just a fault in his personality. At this stage in the game, were all suss. Personally, I think the shadiest moves so far have been made by Ninjorf. I think abstaining is a cowardly move, not at all done with problem-solving in mind. He believes random voting helps the mafia but I humbly disagree. Discussion during the day phase is the most powerful tool town has and it should not be thrown away. Collectively, we should work together. Ninjorf has proven he is not interested in that. And to then vote for the confirmed target of last night's hit? That will get us nowhere. My vote to lynch still goes to Ninjorf.

The last bit has me confused most. What confirms that Abby was target? The target was saved by armor, right?

If that were true, the Torbjorn could confirm that.

So much editing: I don't think Johnny is lying about getting fake armor. If he isn't townie, he's using this as a jumping point for being misleading. The best lies are a mix of lies and truth. It could also be that the Sombra gave no one armor and it gives Johnny a very clean lie. Or, it's true, and he's neutral.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    The last bit has me confused most. What confirms that Abby was target? The target was saved by armor, right?

If that were true, the Torbjorn could confirm that.

The phase post implies everything we need to know to verify any player claim. It tells us the following: a "night watch" Overwatch member was on duty overnight, and had been given armour by Torbjorn. The member then got shot, but the armour protected them. No one died.

Fast forward to page 4, Paranoia_ claims torb, and reveals their armour recipient was Abby. Abby has never counter claimed, and no one has counter-claimed Paranoia_ on his Torb claim. So unless the two are lying in cahoots, we can safely assume that Abby was the mafia's N0 target and she was saved by Paranoia_'s armour. This means that Abby is confirmed not mafia. She could be third party.

edit: she is confirmed town because the phase post specifically says an Overwatch member was targeted by the hit.

Last edited:

Ninjorf

Friendo
    Years
  • The phase post implies everything we need to know to verify any player claim. It tells us the following: a "night watch" Overwatch member was on duty overnight, and had been given armour by Torbjorn. The member then got shot, but the armour protected them. No one died.

Fast forward to page 4, Paranoia_ claims torb, and reveals their armour recipient was Abby. Abby has never counter claimed, and no one has counter-claimed Paranoia_ on his Torb claim. So unless the two are lying in cahoots, we can safely assume that Abby was the mafia's N0 target and she was saved by Paranoia_'s armour. This means that Abby is confirmed not mafia. She could be third party.

Cool I need to PM the GM for rules clarification before I spill my spaghetti.

Years
  • edit: she is confirmed town because the phase post specifically says an Overwatch member was targeted by the hit.

Whoa, I didn't catch that. Cool!

Is it not obvious?

Not really no. I'm pretty curious myself about your results.

Care to explain? Seems like you're spitting out a lot of hot air and with no reasoning behind it so far it REALLY just seems like someone is starting to panic, no? Not sure WHY you're panicking as you're not in danger, so this is just starting to ruse suspicion.

Again same as Paranoia, if you can give me some valid reasoning then I can at least accept it, although I'd rather we didn't lose a member of town this early on with either me being ganged up on because of this and vice versa.

If anything, it looks like you're panicking here. You're getting called out for something and instead of cooly and calmly explaining what you were thinking and why (as I have had to do multiple times this game), you decide to jump on whoever called you out. Seems quite off in my opinion.

I agree that Rabi overreacted. I suppose that's just a fault in his personality. At this stage in the game, were all suss. Personally, I think the shadiest moves so far have been made by Ninjorf. I think abstaining is a cowardly move, not at all done with problem-solving in mind. He believes random voting helps the mafia but I humbly disagree. Discussion during the day phase is the most powerful tool town has and it should not be thrown away. Collectively, we should work together. Ninjorf has proven he is not interested in that. And to then vote for the confirmed target of last night's hit? That will get us nowhere. My vote to lynch still goes to Ninjorf.

Agreed. Seems kind of odd that he would just kind of throw away his vote. You shouldn't be afraid to give your own opinion, and it's pretty hard not to have any at this point. The only other reason I can really think of him not voting for anyone is just because he isn't confident, but I really don't know about that. I feel like it would take more confidence to vote for someone who is confirmed town as a throwaway vote, instead of voting for someone who is actually suspicious.

Also, was claiming Torb really a good idea? It was just kind of a spur of the moment thing since I knew I wouldn't have much time to post after school and I was afraid I would have too many votes against me by that point. Anyway, that's all for now.

I guess I'll [Lynch] Ninjorf because I still want to see a response from Rabinov about this whole thing before I vote for him.

edit: FREAKING NINJAS

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm Reinhardt:/ I was apprehensive about claiming, but the moment i mentioned it I knew it was risky. I would greatly appreciate if Paranoia would be so kind as to give me protection later on

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm kind of seeing what you guys are seeing about Rabi, but I also feel like it's just a natural defensiveness? I'm not super convinced by it, but obviously my original vote was solely in return of jd's (+ working nights), so I'll be deciding on a vote now. I feel like there's a handful of very loud voices controlling the dialogue here and then people are getting thrown the spotlight (Rabi, for example) and defending themselves as much as they can on D1. I'm honestly not convinced by Rabi's posts, but I'm more suspicious of Alex Kaz right now.

I'll be honest and say I think Alex (Kaz) is being a bit ridiculously aggro. He's changed his vote a few times now (gimme, Paranoia, EC, and potentially Rabi soon to name the ones I recall) and is being overtly pushy on D1, yet I don't remember him claiming anything to give himself such an arrogance this early (please do correct me if I'm wrong). To me, that reads as more suspicious and as a mafia member trying to control the conversation than Rabi defending himself a bit too heavily or apparently EC posting too often(?).

[LYNCH] Alex Kaz

I'll change my vote if anything else comes to light, but it's obvious Paranoia and Abby are Overwatch so any votes towards them after their reveals should be treated pretty heavily as suspicious (or dumb).

EDIT: Also gonna add that Alex "scum read" gimmepie at the start of the day, which to me just adds to the weird behavior he's exhibited.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Cool we got some thoughts on Rabi's reaction, which is cool.
    Since there's quite a lot of information to work with, I'll retire my weak case on EvilChameleon.
    [Unvote] EvilChameleon Sorry NK, I just can't decide!

Now, what I wanna do is a bit farfetched, but it could work out and it will provide something to work with later on.

See this post? This is McCree throwing attention to Ninjorf, while at the same time drawing attention away from Rabi. So what I'm thinking is that these two might be scumbuddies.
    What I'm gonna do is
    [Lynch] Rabinov
    and hope he gets lynched today. If he flips mafia, I'll go for McCree next. If not, idk yolo.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm kind of seeing what you guys are seeing about Rabi, but I also feel like it's just a natural defensiveness? I'm not super convinced by it, but obviously my original vote was solely in return of jd's (+ working nights), so I'll be deciding on a vote now. I feel like there's a handful of very loud voices controlling the dialogue here and then people are getting thrown the spotlight (Rabi, for example) and defending themselves as much as they can on D1. I'm honestly not convinced by Rabi's posts, but I'm more suspicious of Alex Kaz right now.

I'll be honest and say I think Alex (Kaz) is being a bit ridiculously aggro. He's changed his vote a few times now (gimme, Paranoia, EC, and potentially Rabi soon to name the ones I recall) and is being overtly pushy on D1, yet I don't remember him claiming anything to give himself such an arrogance this early (please do correct me if I'm wrong). To me, that reads as more suspicious and as a mafia member trying to control the conversation than Rabi defending himself a bit too heavily or apparently EC posting too often(?).

[LYNCH] Alex Kaz

I'll change my vote if anything else comes to light, but it's obvious Paranoia and Abby are Overwatch so any votes towards them after their reveals should be treated pretty heavily as suspicious (or dumb).

EDIT: Also gonna add that Alex "scum read" gimmepie at the start of the day, which to me just adds to the weird behavior he's exhibited.

I never "scum read" gp, I said I had a "scum check" on him, like in a cop check/investigation. I was trying to bait reactions and get the game going. While it in itself didn't really work out, it did help in setting the game in motion.
    As for being loud and aggressive, that's how I always am on day 1. I try to get things going and make cases. Naturally, these cases are weak, due to the nature of day 1 of having little to no information available, but I'm proven correct quite often and so I keep this playstyle.
    Also, while you're translating me being loud as "controlling the dialogue", I see it more like a chance to throw the ball to as many people as I can to hear their opinion and be able to make a better call at the end of the day. Everyone can (and should) do that.

To be honest, when I went with the fake cop check, I was full ready to accept the consequences, but noone reacted to that. They even ignored my claim and moved on like nothing happened. So how come you post 30 minutes before the EoD making a case on me and using this very fake claim (which I retracted) as an argument?

Ninjorf

Friendo
    Years
  • Okay, I just got a rules clarification. Now I have some information that I didn't before.

Unvote Abby.

The reason I don't want an N1 vote is because it's standard mafia strategy. Unless you're very, very certain, you're more likely to hit a townie than a mafia, and that costs town an entire round of checks. There is more power in using your role in the night than offing mafia quickly. That's why I don't want to vote.

Years

[LYNCH] Alex Kaz

It's always a little hard to be sure with Alex as far as alignment goes, but this hyper-aggressive playstyle isn't unusual for him.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I never "scum read" gp, I said I had a "scum check" on him, like in a cop check/investigation. I was trying to bait reactions and get the game going. While it in itself didn't really work out, it did help in setting the game in motion.
    As for being loud and aggressive, that's how I always am on day 1. I try to get things going and make cases. Naturally, these cases are weak, due to the nature of day 1 of having little to no information available, but I'm proven correct quite often and so I keep this playstyle.
    Also, while you're translating me being loud as "controlling the dialogue", I see it more like a chance to throw the ball to as many people as I can to hear their opinion and be able to make a better call at the end of the day. Everyone can (and should) do that.

To be honest, when I went with the fake cop check, I was full ready to accept the consequences, but noone reacted to that. They even ignored my claim and moved on like nothing happened. So how come you post 30 minutes before the EoD making a case on me and using this very fake claim (which I retracted) as an argument?

Sorry, "scum check". I don't think the wording changes the fact you did it though and it's suspicious.

And if you retracted it, I missed it, since I said I worked nights the last few days (Mon-Tues) and I got off work 45 minutes ago today, so coming in 30 minutes before EoD seems pretty reasonable accounting for that.

If your playstyle is to be more suspicious than anyone else in the game, then you accomplished it. I know you play more aggressively, but you've literally bounced your vote to four or five players and just seem almost silly at this point when you keep doing it.

It's always a little hard to be sure with Alex as far as alignment goes, but this hyper-aggressive playstyle isn't unusual for him.

I know he plays aggressively, but this just seems like way too much imo.

Years

• Avoiding voting/lynching in a game like this only causes us to lose information. It's better to hunt for scum and throwdown your votes because it provides you with information regarding the remaining players even if you hit a townie.

It doesn't seem too extreme to me, but I can respect your PoV on the matter. I can easily see why it might seem excessive to you.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • BOOM!
    EvilChameleon used his rocket launcher!
    It hit Paranoia_!

Paranoia_ has been eliminated. He was Torbjӧrn.

~1hr left until EoD.

Back