• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Password updates

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I guess it's a good idea to make accounts more secure... but I just worry about when I log onto my iPad and forgetting my password. I wouldn't want to go through the password recovery system for because it's harder to do on an iPad Pro. x| Like, I don't mind having a different password for PC... it's only a matter of knowing what it is, seeing as I'm highly forgetful (but that's not PC's fault, and I know this lol).

TBH, when I did the password thing like asked... I couldn't remember my password even then. I had to go through the password recovery. >< Hopefully, my current password will be easy to remember for me this time. I may not even have changed it when I registered with this account. Possibly because I forgot or something.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I had to change my password like 4 times last night, but its working now! Yay!

Im glad it worked out after a while because i was getting a bit worried.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • You guys should probably send an email to all Pokecommunity users about this.
    This, sending email notice is normal procedure in cases like this.

Incineroar said:
    fwiw you can still use your old password, just change it to something different first, then you can set it back manually.
    Yes but it isn't recommended for security reasons. Some software (e.g. Zen Cart) even prevent that by storing your previous password(s) so you'll just get an error message if you try that.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • it was a pain in the ass for me bc it kept giving me errors bleh so i had to reset my password through email and then make a new one. it's not too different from my old one so i can remember it easily.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I was only aware of this after I assumed the worst and did multiple scans on my computer and changed multiple passwords. Mass Email notification of some sort to all members would of been great and saved me a couple hours of my time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Is the way it says one's password is out of date just a default message for required changes, or will periodic changes be required going forward?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I was told someone was trying to get into my account a few days ago... Is this the reason for the change?

Years
  • I came here just to wish someone happy birthday (I'm still on hiatus though) but I had to report here that I got the "invalid password" message as well despite recently changing mine, so here I had to come and be forced to change it again.

I can get why you are doing this though, since it's for protection reasons.

Back