• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Password updates

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Any chance this can be emailed out to all users? I couldn't log in but saw the announcement on the sidebar - in a week when this announcement is off the sidebar if people try and log in they might be a bit confused/unsure

edit: oh wait just saw the notice as well all g!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^yeah, especially for those "somewhat inactive" users because I didn't know this was a thing until I logged in tonight.

And I had changed my pw two months ago so it was probably for the best because my password was 36 characters long lmao

Kuroko Aizawa

Gen 2 Hacker alt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    About how long should we expect to get an email from someone? Been about an hour now, I can't recover a 7 year old account because of a defunct email.

EDIT: Got a reply about same time I posted this.

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    You guys should probably send an email to all Pokecommunity users about this. I had no clue why my password wasn't working, I thought I got hacked.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Is this going to happen every year from now on? Are we not allowed to change our new default passwords into the same passwords we had before?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You guys should probably send an email to all Pokecommunity users about this. I had no clue why my password wasn't working, I thought I got hacked.
    You thought you were hacked? o_o When I had to change my password I got a message about it being x days since the last one, which should indicate that your password wasn't hacked or somesuch. Did a different/no message appear?
    Is this going to happen every year from now on?
    No (or we're not planning this to be the case anyway). Not sure why we would either.
    Are we not allowed to change our new default passwords into the same passwords we had before?
    You can (or leastways if the system doesn't allow it, change it to something else and then change again). If it's a very old password or is the same for other website/etc logins it is a good idea to change it however.

Years
    This was a wake-up call for me! Didn't know that my account was connected to my dead Yahoo! account. Though, I encountered something: When I first logged in, I saw the notice to change my password, and I typed my password and my new password. After doing this, I submitted it.

The prompt now says "Invalid password" or something like that. I'm pretty sure the password I typed was not incorrect (since I'm using LastPass). I repeated the change password two times (using my fingers) to no avail. I finally gave up and tried to resurrect my old Yahoo! email account.

Luckily, I succeeded. I reset my password and it works now. Just a heads up if there's a bug or something |~_~|

Years
    Hmm... I think my password was due a renewal anyway...
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yeah some advance notice of this would have been nice

but at least there was the notice so was able to figure it out

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    A lot of people are saying they're having trouble and wasted logins, but for me, the first time it took me to page where it told me to change it. Hopefully it works like that for most people, and isn't messing up. I like this idea, but I'm horrible at changing my password on my own. My first one was the same for five years.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I didn't get a 'your password is X days old', just got the standard 'hey, your password is wrong', but I'm pretty sure I've had the same one since registering.

...Even worse, it was a 4 char password. And the recovery email is one I haven't actively used for about 4 years now. (...Now that I think about it, I'm pretty lucky that this acc wasn't using my old CL or PPC emails, since I can no longer access them.)

Years
    Honestly thanks for this. I had no idea I have been using the same password for 1300+ days for pretty much everything. Nice wake up call to change them.

Last edited:

User19sq

Honestly thanks for this. I had no idea I have been using the same password for 1300+ years for pretty much everything. Nice wake up call to change them.

I didn't know the ancient Greeks had internet services!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I was able to log in with my old password but every time I tried to change passwords it gave me like a "your current password is incorrect" notice so idk what the hell that was about.

Back