• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
Hey guys i was wondering if its possible to expand the size of a rom too for example (1gb or larger) and if so how would i go about doing so?

Years
Hey guys i was wondering if its possible to expand the size of a rom too for example (1gb or larger) and if so how would i go about doing so?

Nope, nope. You can expand a Pokemon ROM up to 32 MB, and that's the most high.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2018
How to play a .ips file on OpenEmu

I recently switched from a Windows computer to a Mac, so I downloaded OpenEmu, and I am trying to play some ROM hacks, but I am only finding certain games to be a .ips file.

How can I get these files to be playable within OpenEmu?

Thanks

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
R4 GBA Emulator

Anyone know of a good R4 Gameboy emulator with good graphics, music, and little to no lag? I would like to play romhacks on my 3DS.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
New version: how to bring my old save file?

Hi everyone,
I started playing dark rising 2 but then i realized i had an old unfinished version. After downloading the final one, how can I bring my previous save game to that one? I have a normal visualboy emulator for mac

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
MultiPatch does about every kind of patch there is, works just as well and just like any other patcher.

Just make sure to not leave the name of your resulting ROM the same as the clean one; OpenEmu's library is situated in a way that you'd want to have them named differently, and it makes things easier to update.

Last edited:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
First, make a copy of the unfinished one, just in case this doesn't work. lol Open Dark Rising 2 in VBA, then go to Export and export battery file. Name it whatever you want. Next, patch the final version of Dark Rising 2, and import the battery file from the older version. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2017
Is it worth to start a new pokemon game on a java phone?

I have a Nokia 6500 classic, and I was wondering if it is worth it to play gb/gbc pokemon on an emulator like MeBoy? Cause anything I find or see, or if I want to speed up, cheat (not really needed but ok) or something, I just can't do it. I can go up, down, left, right and command. That is it. Is it worth the time?

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
I've got myboy version 1.5.22? I think...
And it works for me via WiFi... I battle and trade all the time with my brother...
But I don't think I can link 2 different games unless I link local 2 games on the same device
Also i was wondering if it can link with vba on the pc

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2018
Did you find your answer? You'll need to use an IPS/UPS patcher like [] on a ROM before you can play it. (MultiPatch does both!)

Thanks for the response, I did figure it out somehow on my own. I do not remember in the slightest what I did but the game I have downloaded has been running without a hitch!

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
Years
GBA4ios broken B(

Recently my GBA ios crashes on opening up and when I try to fix it by setting the day back, it doesn't work, which is weird considering i'm still using ios 7.1. I can't delete the app or else I'll lose all my data and files which I worked so hard to gain :(

I tried to re-download the file with out deleting the old one and that use to work all the time, but it doesn't work this time. It is now in in the middle of downloading and is stuck.

pls help me. :( :( :(

Oh, Crap. My keyboard is wet :(

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 22, 2021
Keeping a previous save file for an updated ROM hack?

Hello community!

So basically, I'm making a ROM hack, but I want to distribute updates for it after release. So, I noticed that if I save a change to a ROM, I need to start a new game to see the changes. Will using IPS patches fix this, or is there nothing I can do? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2015
transfer saves from vba to real console?

I have wanted to know the answer to this for years.

Is it possible to play save files created using a gba emulator, on a real gba or ds lite perhaps with the use of an edge cart or r4 card? If so, can anyone link me to a tutorial on it?

Thanks so much.

Back