• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
I am looking for a gba emulator on kindle fire that runs pokemon ultra violat.

I have tried to use my boy, visual boy, and gameboied.

enny suggestions.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
I've actually had this problem for a while, too, and Ciro's is the only one that works. Metropolis and Enyclopedia pokemon don't save pokemon if there are errors so you can't use them on hacks.

(The hack save file doesn't work directly, but many hack creators keep the trading in, so you can trade from a vanilla game. But then you won't get any new moves or w/e.)

I found a sav editor for the gba games a while back. This post just reminded me of it.

It can be found here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?1250-Pokebox-GBA-version-6-4

I've downloaded this before but I just can't make head or tail of it. If you could how to use, it'd be great. :D
edit: I think i've figured out how to use it, I didn't know right click brought up a pokemon's stats, but it still doesn't work with hacks that have new Pokemon inserted. I tried to use it for Emerald Omega but it crashed.

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
If the hack doesn't disallow trading, the best way to do this is to grab a clean ROM, create your perfect Pokemon there, and then trade it into the hack. This wouldn't allow you to do anything with an expanded Pokedex (past Deoxys, anyway) but if it's a hack that replaces Pokemon, you'd just have to know the index number of what they replaced.

You wouldn't have to even trade, really, if you create the perfect Pokemon on the clean ROM, use the memory viewer in VBA to head to that party slot's memory address, copy the bytes, and then paste it in the hack's party slot.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 15, 2014
Sorry for not making my own thread, I am not allowed to, until I do 15 posts, which could end in spam.

So, my problem sounds easy and simple: I cant save ingame at the game 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team (EU)'. I am using the OpenEmu for Mac and I could save with the emulator itself, but therefore I can't use wondermails, which is a essential part of the game.

I searched the last two days on the internet and found several points:
1. With the VirtualBoyAdvance (VBA), just set the settings to flash 128k and it should work (I will come back to that, if nothing will work).
2. They wrote in a thread (can't post a link, because of the 15 posts rule, sorry), about something to change an entry at the core itself. OpenEmu uses the VBA-core. I googled the CRC number of PMD red rescue team (EU), which is c1d18fe4.
3. I tried also the US-version of the game and it worked quiet well. I can save ingame, which is pretty nice but there is also a big problem: I am not familiar with the english names of the pokémon, items, attacks, etc, because my native language is german. Is it anyhow possible to 'transfer' the language of the EU version to the US version?

If you could help me, that would be really nice.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
I was trying to see the pokedex in my rom (based on pokemon fire red, i'm using VBA), obviously without redoing all the game, so i looked for a gameshark snapshot (a save after the league) , but when i try to import the snapshot it keeps saying "save data has been deleted" and everything starts over again, on the net people get the corrupted file and then works.....yes i save in 128k, gba, the save are .sa1 and i have real time clock. What am i supposed to do to fix this?

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Hey I am using vgba for android and i want to move fire red & emerald saves to my pc so i can run them on vba link however I cant get the save files to open. vgba gives me a .sav, .sta and a .gba the .gba opens the rom fine but the other two extensions are not recognized.

any help?

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Trading between original version and Hack

Hi there,

I want to get my girlfriend hooked with Pokémon games and I think Fire Red and Leaf Green would be perfect for that because it's a remake of the first generation and the graphics of generation three are the best in my eyes.

I am giving her Fire Red and I am starting with Leaf Green so we can battle and trade. If she wants to complete her Pokedex I am thinking of playing a hack on my EZ Flash IV, where I can give her some missing Pokémon like the other starters and Mew.

Therefore I wanted to know if it is possible to trade between hacks (when using the EZ Flash IV) and original versions?
Is it dangerous for the safe file of the original version?
Does it work with every hack?

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
If the game can support trading, then it should be safe.

But, if a game uses fakemon, the unedited version will come up with the original un-editied Pokémon.

If that makes sense.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
Hi, I'm not entirely sure if this goes here but I have a question about DeSmuME v0.9.10; I tried using Action Replay codes with it for Pokemon Black but none of them worked (for reference it was Wild Pokemon Modifier and 100% Catch Rate). Any ideas as to why? Should I be using an older version of the emulator? (some other threads in other places I checked said 9.10 isn't very good?)

Years
Hey I am using vgba for android and i want to move fire red & emerald saves to my pc so i can run them on vba link however I cant get the save files to open. vgba gives me a .sav, .sta and a .gba the .gba opens the rom fine but the other two extensions are not recognized.

any help?
Well the .gba file is the rom so obviously it should open in the emulator. The .sav file is your saved file. This appears when you save the game in-game. However I'm not familiar with .sta. Maybe it's a save state. But what you should do is transfer the files to your pc which is what you've probably done. Then you take your rom or the .gba file and rename it so it has the same name as the corresponding .sav file. And then just play it on an emulator. The emulator should bring up your saved filed in the continue screen.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Do mobile emulators run hacks well? I've been considering downloading one for my smartphone to play the upcoming PRPB. It's a Galaxy S4, so hardware power isn't a problem.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Do mobile emulators run hacks well? I've been considering downloading one for my smartphone to play the upcoming PRPB. It's a Galaxy S4, so hardware power isn't a problem.

Yes they run pretty well.. MyBoy or Gameboid (i prefer this one) run all games very well.

Also, on topic :

Is there ever any successful method to fight/trade online using ANY emulator for GBA games?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Also, on topic :

Is there ever any successful method to fight/trade online using ANY emulator for GBA games?

Never heard of a way, which is something that could be looked into since there are emulators like Mupen64k which support online play while the systems they emulate didn't.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
The '???' said:

There must be.
I mean.. VBA is compatible with Hamachi, so.. people should try.
I did one with TLOZ Four Swords and it runs very slow, but, for example i never tried with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and those ROMs runs pretty much better than FR/LG/E (Just using the turbo in those games you can see it)

Cya~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Is there any way to change the clock interface in emerald rom....in emerald mom says to set the time and start it..after that the clock started... i want this event to be worked just like in Pokemon Liquid Crystal..The rom automatically identifies the real time clock so i would not have to change it myself...is it possible to change the clock interface of emerald into liquid crystal type??? Sorry if u mind my horrible english..

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Because I had few problems running DeSmuME on my 6-year-old PC, I expected the same great performance on the new PC I got for the holidays. Unfortunately, this machine doesn't seem to "like" either the new version of DeSmuME or the one I'd played with before. Running it in compatibility mode with WinXP/SP3 doesn't help; neither does switching from 32-bit to 64-bit versions of the program. (My new computer is running 64-bit Windows 8.1 with 12 GB of RAM, plus graphics very similar to the old one's. It passed a complete virus and malware scan last night; so I can't understand why DeSmuME keeps hogging 90+% of the CPU and freezes/crashes.) Any other Windows 8 users out there who can help?

EDIT: I don't know what the multi-emulator programs do to fix it; but somehow WinDS Pro and Emulator X can run DeSmuME correctly from inside the bundling app. Try to run it as a stand-alone app, though, and all Hades breaks loose. >:)

Is there a reliable tool for converting DeSmuME .dsv files to .sav format? The only one I could find listed on Google was on a site that my antivirus program blocked as unsafe... never a good sign. o_O PokeGen used to be a decent workaround on my old PC; but it crashes when I try to save the (otherwise unchanged) .dsv file as an .sav. (The error message before that crash reads "Unable to create filename.sav.bak" whether an earlier backup exists or not.) If any of you could please show me a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
I'm trying to use it on tablet and smartphone but its not working. The tablet keeps hanging.. my myboy version is 1.5.25

I hope you can help me..I'm using Bluetooth

Last edited:
Back