• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Game Jam 2: And Make It Double!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
There were only 3 contestants who entered in games, that is why there are only 3 playable games. once the deadline is met, all available games will be available on whatever medium Java chooses. I cannot say that they will be available once they are uploaded to us, because there might still be time for others to finish their entries. But at least 1 day after the deadline all games will be available.

Oh, I thought everyone who entered sent in a game. My bad!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey guys, I hope you've been having fun with this game jam! The final deadline for competitive entries is almost upon us(roughly 14 hours remaining now). If you're trying to eke out every ounce of quality from this remaining time, go for it, but be sure to try and submit a working copy as soon as you can! (I'd personally try to start uploading no later than 1-2 hours before the deadline)

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hey guys, I hope you've been having fun with this game jam! The final deadline for competitive entries is almost upon us(roughly 14 hours remaining now). If you're trying to eke out every ounce of quality from this remaining time, go for it, but be sure to try and submit a working copy as soon as you can! (I'd personally try to start uploading no later than 1-2 hours before the deadline)

Oh lawd why did I have to be so ambitious...

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Oh lawd why did I have to be so ambitious...
Hey, ambition's a great asset! If you have ambition and gain a new sense of scope as to what you can do in a limited timeframe, then obviously the game jam has taught you something good! In the industry, a lot of times weird, seemingly arbitrary, deadlines will pop up and you'll have to make the tough calls - which features to drop, which are key to the game's experience, and so on, but hopefully the jam feels like a lower-pressure environment in which to experience that aspect of a game's development.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hey, ambition's a great asset! If you have ambition and gain a new sense of scope as to what you can do in a limited timeframe, then obviously the game jam has taught you something good! In the industry, a lot of times weird, seemingly arbitrary, deadlines will pop up and you'll have to make the tough calls - which features to drop, which are key to the game's experience, and so on, but hopefully the jam feels like a lower-pressure environment in which to experience that aspect of a game's development.

Haha it's alright, I've got this song on and I'm determined to finish this thing!

Last edited:
Years
If i fall asleep while i stress test all 100(okay maybe a bit less) events in the game i will kill never forgive myself.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Kept you waiting, huh?

Download Link

I have a feeling I've gone beyond the scope of the contest. But oh well, I got my gears grinding.

Now find all the game-breaking bugs before the deadline plz

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
If i fall asleep while i stress test all 100(okay maybe a bit less) events in the game i will kill never forgive myself.
If the deadline is really that much of an issue due to the late night, I'm sure we'll have a grace period for last minute entries incase you weren't awake for it :P

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
This might sound like a real stupid question but how can I extract the game from essentials or do I put the game.exe and the dlls in one folder and that's it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Here it is! This is my first so I sure hope it's up to par. Kinda rushed when it came to what trainer had which Pokemon, honestly.

This might sound like a real stupid question but how can I extract the game from essentials or do I put the game.exe and the dlls in one folder and that's it?
Just put the files in a .zip file.

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
And here is my entry.
I'm trying to upload my file right now but I underestimated my file size that's where there's no here for now
If you have played my entry I would be very happy to recieve constructive feedback.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Here it is! This is my first so I sure hope it's up to par. Kinda rushed when it came to what trainer had which Pokemon, honestly.

Your game, 1 takes way too long to download, and 2 is riddled with errors. The game is pretty much not functional for me at all.

And here is my entry.
Credits for somethings I used are in the credits.

Where is "here"?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years

Whoa, no offense intended, but did something zip incorrectly? I'm getting a file size of 530 MB compared to Ephraim225's 61.7.

Entry Submission Update:
There are now only 3 hours remaining for submissions! There will be a minor grace period for those still having technical difficulties uploading their entries(please PM me if you think this is a potential issue)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Ugh, forgot about all that. I didn't have a default essentials ready so I copied my game folder from the game I am making and edited that so there are tons of unnecessary files. Sorry about that. Is it playable? It works fine for me. Just a large size. I won't be able to edit the zip until tomorrow in the afternoon for me, so Idk if it's manageable. And what errors do you get? I test ran the game and it worked fine.

Last edited:

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hi guys, here's my contribution. I haven't properly tested it all the way through but I can't see there being any game-breaking bugs. I'll test it tomorrow but right now I need sleep. Well done to everyone else who submitted something :)

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Alrighty, everyone! The final hour approaches! If you're having technical difficulties(still uploading your entry, having weird bugs occur, etc.) PLEASE get in touch with me immediately! Saving Raven and I have been playing a few of the entries already, and are of course hoping that everyone gets a shot at getting their entry reviewed.

So far we have received the following entries:
joeyhugg
WackyTurtle
|3lackEclipse
Ephraim223
Hanswurst1999

And requests for a grace period from:
Roaming Murkrow

We have received confirmation from 6 of our 11 participants, which was about the same proportion as our last jam! However, I'd like to up the ante just a little bit more. To that end, feel free to send me your entries at any point tonight before I get up in the morning(or let me know that you'll plan to have it up by midnight tomorrow night), and we can consider them on-time as competitive entries. Otherwise, feel free to still submit non-competitive entries for our gallery!

Last edited:
Back