• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Game Jam 2: And Make It Double!

Years
Took a bit longer to upload than i expected but here it is.

Thanks to Java's Missingno for giving me grace time to upload.

I tested everything but the grunt trainer battles(since they were copy pastes of each other). You will probably need to go heal to the PokeCenter a few times. There is also a PokeMart if you have any troubles, but you will need to defeat a few grunts before you will be able to buy anything.

Good to see that there are a lot of entries.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Alright, we've received Roaming Murkrow's entry and WackyTurtle's amended entry. from this point on, we can only accept bugfixes and non-competitive entries. Many Thanks to our six participants, and the five who expressed interest but were unable to participate - judging will occur over the next week or so, at which point the gallery page will be updated.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Any news on how the judging is going? Don't mean to rush but it's been a week and a half I think. Haven't checked out any of the other entries myself, so I'm curious about them.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey, quick update on what's going on - I haven't been around for a while because of some personal issues, and haven't had the time to finish playing more than 2 of the entries. I'll keep you guys updated as much as I can, but expect me to be relatively quiet for a while while I'm playing your entries. You all did a great job, though - a huge thanks to everyone who submitted an entry; it's you guys' enthusiasm that makes the game jam worthwhile.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey guys, sorry for all the delays. I had a family crisis shortly after that last post, and I was seriously sick for a while after that. I'm still not quite done with my judging, and feel kinda terrible about that, to be quite honest. So here's what's going to happen: I'm going to go through each participant's game on a broadcast on Twitch.tv(I unfortunately can't commit to a schedule, but I promise I'll get through all of them before the end of the month). That way, viewers will get my initial reactions to everything that unfolds, and you guys will each get time in the limelight.

I am currently streaming Hanswurst's entry, Rocket's Revenge. You can access it here.

UPDATE: Ever have a good idea only for the rest of the universe to swat it down? That's kinda what this is like. I had to stop streaming for the day due to connectivity issues.

Last edited:

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
Oh dear I hope everything turns out okay for you.

The Twitch idea actually sounds pretty good. I haven't played any of the entries yet, either. Should be fun!

Years
The delay is fine, as long as you keep us updated.

And i love the Twitch idea, aside from streaming my entry hehe.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 6, 2015
So, are we going to get results on this contest by the last day of the month?
I would really like to know.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Alright, so the semester is about to begin at DigiPen, and I didn't quite anticipate how long it would take to get from Nebraska to Washington by car. My plan is to(today at roughly noon Pacific time, so in 3 hours) for sure finish up Hanswurst and |3lackeclipse's games via Twitch, and then follow up with more entries as time permits. I'm terribly sorry again about all these delays; had I realized I was cutting everything so close in my schedule, I would not have so poorly organized myself.

Streaming is done for now, having completed Ephraim's game. Next time, we'll start up |3lackEclipse's game first. Also, Hanswurst, we got stuck in the late game on your entry, a little after you left. I've tried to get through, but it consistently freezes after the battle on the second floor of Lifespring Grotto.

For those of you interested, I will upload all footage of the playthroughs to Youtube once every entry has been streamed.

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey guys, I'm going to be finishing Hanswurst's and |3lackEclipse's games and starting Joeyhugg's tomorrow sometime around 1:00 PM Pacific Time, give or take maybe 20 minutes.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey guys, stream's going to be starting shortly!
Link

Hey everyone, an update: Streaming is now done for Metal Gear Plasma and Rocket's Revenge, but all other games have had bugs which consistently occur which have made them crash or be otherwise unplayable:
-In Excavation Mystery, you can get trapped in the room with debris and can't leave.
-In Team Plague, An encounter with a Team Plague member or attempting to pick up the chemistry set will yield a crash.
-In Team Underworld, the game crashes after confirming your name.
-In Pokemon Operations, starting the second double battle with Arch.. er, Archie, in the party crashes the game.

If you guys could get revised entries submitted via this thread, that would be awesome. Thanks!
~JM

Last edited:
Years
That's weird, that didn't happen to me before compressing the game. The game might have had an issue while compressing, i will try to fix it asap.

Back