• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    EDIT: Wait why did Dragon move on but I got kicked?! >_<
    For your Round One battle? The deadline was way over a week ago, and on that day I gave the win to the most active of the two of you. As I did with many of the others.

Though seriously folks, this is usually common with Round One, yes, but now it looks like I'll have to be doing the same thing in Round Two. Four more days before the deadline, people. :/

I've also noticed some people claiming difficulty due to time zones. Perhaps the teams aren't accurate enough? I could conceivably split America up into East and West, seeing as it is our biggest group anyway. Furthermore, anyone from Hawaii may want to consider joining Team Australia in the future(if you haven't already), depending on who you think you'll have a better time battling with.

And if done, the teams would be merged somewhat like this:

Australasia--------->Pacific-------->World
    America West------>Pacific-------->World
    America East------->Atlantic------->World
    Europe-------------->Atlantic------->World

Everyone would be in the World group come the final few rounds of the tourney. Let me know if you guys are interested, and if so, I'll PM all of this round's winners to ask which group they'd like to be in. ^_^

Last edited:

shroud

It's almost time...
    Years
    And if done, the teams would be merged somewhat like this:

Australasia--------->Pacific-------->World
    America West------>Pacific-------->World
    America East------->Atlantic------->World
    Europe-------------->Atlantic------->World

Seems pretty neat and effective. :)
    What about those near the Indian Ocean though? Lol
    I would do Pacific if this works ^^

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    If past tournies are any indication, there is little to no interest among people in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Not too much in Australasia either, what with that team usually being dissolved after Round One. And the same goes for mainland Europe, as most of Team Europe is British, XD.

But if any of this ever changes I can definitely make some more teams. ^_^

Last edited:

shroud

It's almost time...
    Years
    If past tournies are any indication, there is little to no interest among people in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Not too much in Australasia either, what with that team usually being dissolved after Round One. But if that ever changes I can definitely make some more teams. ^_^

That's a very nice thing to say. Lol

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    Still trying to schedule our battle. I have had a hard time catching pokemonleaguechamp online. Also, I like the idea of splitting up team America. That would definitely make Timezone differances easier (though that doesn't help us midwesterners... XP)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, it's deadline day, and the sole person who has finished a battle is shroud. As for the rest of you, I went and did a bunch of DQ'ing by activity again. >_<

In most cases, it was obvious who was more active around here, but in two cases, not so much. As a result I've paired you four together for Round Three; if nothing comes of it, you'll all be DQ'd. Sorries.

Also in Richard and Jake's case, I didn't DQ by activity due to their special circumstances(as in, getting paired late). I will do this instead on Wednesday, assuming they don't battle. Which, from seeing this last round, isn't assuming much. XD

Lastly, while you guys may remember that PM I sent you all about splitting Team America into East and West, right? Well, every single person who replied is from the East Side, so yeah, there'll be no splitting. In fact, I'll just be dissolving all teams right now. ^^

Tournament 11 Pairings

Round Three

shot571 VS World King

Jake♫/Richard Lynch VS dr.feelgood11

Dwight12 VS Pave Low

Alakazam17 VS Griffinbane

(psycho86wardbg VS joshk_bra) VS (pokemonleaguechamp VS cartercr)

Free Round: shroud

I didn't randomize who would get the Free Round this time, as shroud is the only one deserving of it. XD

As for the rest of us, we have another two weeks to get our battles done, with the deadline being Saturday, July 24th, 2010. Good luck!

And on that note...Take a look at Tubby, my Snorlax:

PC WiFi Tournament

Tubby never really stops eating, but after several years of battling with the guy, I have found that he has a sweet-tooth for no-shows. =P

So, if you want to keep Tubby hungry a little longer...

COMMENCE! :D​

Last edited:
    Back