• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's worst areas?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Really people, chill. You're going to a place this thread isn't here for.

Worst places on PC...Dppt or whatever that area's called...that place scares me.
    Second is Sticked OT threads, seeing that it's pretty much just a meeting place for a group of people.

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    My, my. Drama queen, are we?

Boo-hoo. I locked a thread that didn't belong in my forum and you didn't like my decision. Cry me a river, it's the end of the world. And if you can't deal with getting yelled at for you doing something stupid, don't do it at all. I'll give you a lollipop if you shut up about it already, though. Maybe that will make you feel better?

That said, the same comment can be said back. Some members these days are just pathetic.

this is an example of some of our worst mods. your simply pathetic and u think you can treat PC's members like their ur slave and that they have to do every little thing u say. Thats where your wrong, im speaking for all of our members. we shouldnt have to deal with your pathetic rudeness. And no, thats not the problem. the problem is that your doing such an action that is not necessary.. we are suppose to look up to mods like you but who would want to look up to you? "Some members these days are just pathetic" wel maybe if you mods werent so pathetic then maybe we wouldnt have to be. after all, we r all just trying to look up to you.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I was expecting something else when I came to this thread. =\

The worst is the new user's forum. There isn't any real point to it in my opinion and it puzzles me how post count for that forum is still on. You don't greet everyone you see in real life do you? So why bother online.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Before I read this, I wanted to say OCG and OG because they are too... quiet.
    But, meh; cbf to care about spam elsewhere.

btw <3 hugs for everyone.

Years
    Why do so many people hate on DPPt and the WiFi sections. ;_;
    They're not that bad XD;

I always think how things could be worse, really.

And, yeah. The Emulation section gives me a headache every time I visit it.
    "Do u hav beta yetz" D: D: D:

And, then there's the HG/SS section. Poor bobandbill and hstaff. D:!!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I've heard rumors about DPPt...

So yeah, I'll go with that.

And I guess OC sometimes has some problems too with spam, but not as much.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    ~ Pokemon Gaming Forums
    I used to be a handheld Pokemon gaming Mod (years ago, before all of you joined PC XD). These days it's just full of n00bs who doesn't like to read things. I'll do Mod work in there if I have to, but i stay as far away as I can from it. XD

~ Strategies & Movesets
    S&M is one of them forums that you wish you could just burn and be done with it. Doesn't look like it's as bad as it used to be, but there was a time where I would have been just fine to delete it.

~ Emulation
    My least fav forum. I know nothing about it, I know it used to be a real real real bad pain for the Staff, and I know it should have been burned and the ashed thrown into the sea. XD
    But really, sounds like it's gotten better (seeing how not as much complaining is going on about it), but still I won't set foot in there.

~ Fan Clubs
    It's a spam pit, over a thousand little DCCs that these days could be posted in VMs. It's just one of them pointless forums on PC. Yea yea, they might be fun to post in, but it's pointless. Threads with tons and tons of posts. If I had another fanclub people would run out of things to talk about in a week. XD

These are just a few forums I'm not fond of personally, No offense to anyone who posts in them. ^_^

well i would have to say some of their mods. *glares at Abercrombie* they pick the some of the meanest and worst mods, its not even funny. sorry mods but its true, you can be a bit very mean and dont do a good job of what u r told to do. i just needed to speak for some of our members out there that feel the same way.
    I beg your pardon, we don't pick "some of the meanest and worst Mods". Yea, we've picked a few bad ones in the past. But it's not like we throw a bunch of names in a hat and randomlly pick a name out. These days people are looked at and talked about for....ever before they get the blue name.

And yea, they do what they're told. They're told to keep their forum(s) in working order. Sounds like you had a few threads locked, also sounds like the Mods in them forums is doing their job.

trust me, PC isnt as enjoyable as it used to be with all these mods wit this attitude that says " If I dont like you, you shall get reported!" or something like this "im a mod, so that means i can control you and u have to do everything i say" well mods like these are pathetic..like Abercrombie for example...pathetic excuse for a mod. its rediculous...PC is just known or the worst mods I have ever seen.
    You know what I've found out about you just from reading a few threads? You like to make up random crap and post it on PC. Saying "OMG the Mods are evil!", saying "OMG PC has given me a virus!!!!!", and so on. All it sounds like is you've had a few threads locked and you're pissed about it.
    And you also say "PC is just known or the worst mods I have ever seen.". Setting you aside that's likely the person that came up with that title, are there really that many people who think this way? And on top of that, you say "Mods", and yet about all you've complained about is one single Mod, Abercrombie. I really would like to see these examples and such you keep going on about. Send me a PM about it, I want to see what you're talking about.

And the Mods aren't controlling you and making you do whatever they want. Mods are judges in their forums, they judge if a thread should be there, they judge if a member should get a warning or an infraction. 99% of the time a thread gets locked is because the thread starter didn't read the rules, and that thread didn't meet what was in the rules. They see things from a Staff point of view, you see things from a member point of view. It's two totally different things, you might think it's cut and dry, or black and white. But it's not. You might think your thread should be open, well if the Mod says "no" then it's no.

Im tired of the excuses. listen, what if you had started a thread and a mod closed it because it has already been posted in a different form and its not asking the same exact question from somebody else like 4 months ago and reports you for that. or if someone locks a thread because ur not asking a question. like wtf has happened to PC? Im going to contact the admins about this and see what they say and show them my group when i get more members. one of them said that if it happens again then give them the name of the mod and the problem they have caused you. im prepared if any mod wants to lock a thread for a stupid reason like one of those.
    See my title? I'm an Admin, and I want to see your list of members, your 184 people that's in your group saying all of this stuff. I also want to see the list of Mods that's pissing you off. And I want to see examples of them doing all this wrong stuff. Send me a PM about it.

this is an example of some of our worst mods. your simply pathetic and u think you can treat PC's members like their ur slave and that they have to do every little thing u say. Thats where your wrong, im speaking for all of our members. we shouldnt have to deal with your pathetic rudeness. And no, thats not the problem. the problem is that your doing such an action that is not necessary.. we are suppose to look up to mods like you but who would want to look up to you? "Some members these days are just pathetic" wel maybe if you mods werent so pathetic then maybe we wouldnt have to be. after all, we r all just trying to look up to you.
    1: They aren't treating you as their salves.
    2: Cool down.
    3: You're not speaking for all of the members, so don't say such things.
    4: Mods aren't YOUR slaves and don't bow down to everything you say. This is where you're going wrong, you're thinking you're right, and the Mods have to do what you say around the forum. They have to be less rude, they shouldn't lock your threads, and so on and so on. These people were picked to help PC, and keep their forum(s) in order. They weren't picked to go around smiling, do whatever the members wanted, sit there and look pretty, or let a forum get out of hand. In yourself you might think "OMG the Mods are wrong!" but chances are you're the one in the wrong.
    And if you really think "PC is just known or the worst mods." and PC is a mess then...... leave?...

But I still would like a PM about these members, the examples of the Mods doing these wrong things, and the list of Mods doing all of this (I'll be waiting, I just hope it's not another one of your long list of fabrications).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow. Okamii way to go off topic. You started something for nothing. Anyway about emulation I think it is the worst area. I have thought about it and that is my choice. Every forums has a breeding ground for the trolls and it has to be it I think. They all group up there and just mass post for betaz and complete gaem and how do you playz. A lot of inactive accounts, taken up names, and database space is taken up by these people. of course their is the steady group of hackers that are okay otherwise...*shivers*

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I used to be an Emulation goon but now I don't go near it. I dunno why, I've just strayed away from it.

Those of you that are hating Abercombie, personally, I think he does the best job as a Mod. He takes his job seriously and tries to give members advice, even though you might think he's trying to be harsh, he's actually trying to help you. No, I'm not a kiss up, personally, I used to think the same way about him as you did but then I took my time and actually read his posts and I saw the meaning he has in it. He only tries his hardest to help.

Pfft, off topic XD

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Japanese Entertainment, it's so boring unless they talk about My Neighbour Totoro, then it's completly different.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Wait.

...so you're mad at him because he closed a thread of yours on a Pokemon forum? >_>; He's just doing his job. We have rules to follow in our areas, just like normal members have rules to follow when they post/make threads. nn;

Wow. Yeah. Anyhoo.. I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread, but while I'm here:

PC's worst area? ...I don't really 'hate' any of them, but I'd say the worst in terms of spam/reports and such is ROM Hacking/Emulation. I have quite a bit of respect for the mods in that area. xD; ....-ninja-poofs out of thread-

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Emulation, but if you have a complaint about a bad area, why not contact PC? They would get it fixed

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ugghhh. Pixel Art and Emulation are two of the worst for spam / rule breaking imo. The things i receive reports for Pixel Art are mind boggling, I mean there are some posts that break about 4 rules at once.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    If none of you guys have a better reason to disagree with Nick's modding other than "omg he loked mai fred!!1!!11!!!12!!1!" then really, get lost. He's just doing his job. Sure, he may come through as 'mean' to you, but he's really just giving you the blunt truth. If you can't handle that, then you really shouldn't be on the internet. :[

Emulation for me, btw.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    yeah when i see it i will believe it. I already have about 184 members in my group that feel that way and i started it yesterday. trust me, PC isnt as enjoyable as it used to be with all these mods Stoooooooooooooooop right there. You've been here since June and you're saying that PC isn't as enjoyable as it used to be with all these mods? Honey, PC is a BIG forum. They're needed whether you like it or not. I know, lets make you a mod of DPPt or OVP or Emulation and lets see how you handle everything! I'd like to see you handle Emulation, wouldn't some other people? wit this attitude that says " If I dont like you, you shall get reported!" or something like this "im a mod, so that means i can control you and u have to do everything i say" "Ooh, I'm Okamii, the big, bad and scary wolf who defies mods without a flinch." Honey, being a mod isn't like "Now Okami, please stop posting like that or I'll slap you on the wrist!" You need wit, determination and sometimes..okay..a lot of tough love. You aren't perfect and since you think you are perfect, everyone comes off as total dickheads. well mods like these are pathetic..like Abercrombie for example...pathetic excuse for a mod. Refer to my first bolded comment and just because I like you, I'm going to say this. Abercrombie is great at doing his job when it's dealing with 'perfect little babies' like you. its rediculous...PC is just known or the worst mods I have ever seen. lol'd

EASE OFF MODS!

I USE BIG FONTS BECAUSE I'M COOL

Im tired of the excuses. listen, what if you had started a thread and a mod closed it because it has already been posted in a different form and its not asking the same exact question from somebody else like 4 months ago and reports you for that. or if someone locks a thread because ur not asking a question. What? I couldn't understand properly, but I think I got the gist of it. If someone asks a question that has been asked 4 months ago, it generally would be allowed to live if its not totally stupid or hasn't been answered in the rules. like wtf has happened to PC? Im going to contact the admins about this and see what they say and show them my group STICK IT TO THE MAN when i get more members. one of them said that if it happens again then give them the name of the mod and the problem they have caused you. im prepared if any mod wants to lock a thread for a stupid reason like one of those.
    Oh honey, you're cute. Seriously. The mod probably has a legit reason for locking the thread unless he's seriously corrupt, but thats probably your overactive imagination.

this is an example of some of our worst mods. your simply pathetic and u think you can treat PC's members like their ur slave and that they have to do every little thing u say. Boy, you really don't like Abercrombie, don't you? I personally think Abercrombie does his job well, thanks. But I guess emotions cloud judgement. :/ Thats where your wrong, im speaking for all of our members. we shouldnt have to deal with your pathetic rudeness. Hypocrisy? And no, thats not the problem. the problem is that your doing such an action that is not necessary.. we are suppose to look up to mods like you but who would want to look up to you? Again. "Some members these days are just pathetic" wel maybe if you mods werent so pathetic then maybe we wouldnt have to be. after all, we r all just trying to look up to you.
    Well, it was fun talking to you.
    Name me 5 different mods that are pathetic, biased, corrupt and 'mean' and give me 5 reaons for each and maybe I'll consider reading it. Wow, you're good.
    You're really good at this, really!

Years
    You're really good at this, really!

If we had annual site awards, I would nominate this for "Most Eloquent Tongue-Lashing Given by a Non-Staff Member" (which is an actual award at another site I frequent).

Anyways, back on topic, I don't really know what PC's worst areas are because I only really visit Other Chat, Computers and Technology, TCG, Other Voting Polls, and Other Trivia.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    THERE AINT A GAMES SECTION
    yep theres a game section but i mean let us just play please:I
    ive been on some forums(serebii etc)and they have a game section so whats wring with 1 here
    that would make this great

Back