• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal Info

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Never liked my name enough to give it away willingly even IRL. Depending on my mood, I may reveal my (real) age and gender or bluff. As for addresses and phone numbers, I'll never say it on the net.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • I actually really like my privacy. I would give out very general stuff like my gender and my birth date (on some places), but not many people know my first name. No one should know my last name, address, phone number, etc. unless I know you in real life. I do have a Facebook, but I wouldn't advertise it every where. I only have it so I can keep track of my friends from school (since I'm in college now). Even if I talk to you regularly online, I wouldn't add you on my Facebook if I didn't know you in real life.

And I have only one picture of myself, but it's a reflection of me on top of my car with a camera in my face, so you wouldn't be able to know what I look like either.

Of course it doesn't mean that I try not to talk with anyone because I'm afraid I'll give out important information so they can find me. I just don't want to go out to my car one morning and see a suspicious van parked across the street and find them following me.

The Red Chain

Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online?
    It depends who the information is being given to.

How far do you go?
    As far as address sometimes. I like to send presents to friends on their birthday, and I like to write letters.. so yeah.

Would you give your first name?
    Of course. Not really a personal thing to me.

Do you post pictures of yourself?
    I have on PC once before, and I've shown a few personal friends.

How open are you online? How cautious are you with your personal information?
    I'm not really that cautious. Address is the only thing I'm cautious with.

Years
  • Would you give your first name?
    Yep. It's Garret, btw. Or Gary.

Last name?
    If someone asks, sure.

Age?
    Yep. I'm 17, but I can't say I've never lied for lulz.

Gender?
    Yeah, but again, I do lie about it sometimes, for fun. I lie about a lot of things, actually.

Phone number?
    I have given it out before. Mostly just on instant messengers and social networking sites.

Address?
    I've told people my address before.

Not on here, but that's mostly due to laziness. I show people if they ask

How open are you online?
    Very.

How cautious are you with your personal information?
    Not very. You could easily come to my house and kill me if you stalk hard enough. Or, y'know, ask me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online? How far do you go? Would you give your first name? Last name? Age? Gender? Phone number? Address?

I only tell my first/last name to someone I really trust. I hate my name. A lot. So why would I tell the world my stupid name? Age and gender is always in my post, as well as my state. I don't think that putting age and gender is bad, though you should be wary with locations. Just the name of the state/country is enough, I think. I find forums more trustworthy, though. On MySpace and Facebook I don't add people I don't recognize/know.

And no one has my address or number. When I can get texting and get off detailed billing, I probably will give my number to maybe one or two people on here. As for pictures, a few people get to see. But most don't.

Personal backstory, on the other hand, only if I'm really close to the person. That's the only exception. That's basically...two people on PC that know. I don't think the world has to know my story. However, I do tend to post random rage/sadness rants in my blogs. They usually get deleted shortly after, though.

reyzn

Years
  • Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online?
    Not at all.

Probably not because my first name is pretty unique.

Last name?
    Nope.

Age?
    I don't mind listing my age.

Gender?
    Yes, so guys know that girls like to play too.

Phone number?
    Never.

Address?
    Just the country is fine by me.

On facebook yes, I think I have a few pictures floating around here, but other than that I do not post pictures of myself on any other sites.

How open are you online?
    I don't really go into personal details.

I try not to cross that line with anyone, no matter how friendly they seem to be on here.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Depends on who I'm talking to.

How far do you go?

So far, I've given out my phone number, and that's as far as I've gotten.

I have a really unique name, so I'd rather not say it. I use my nickname "Gena" as kind of my real name on the Internet. It's also a lot easier to pronounce and spell than my real name. Only three of my closest internet friends know my actual name, but they still call me Gena. They're MSN buddies.

Last name?
    Only to those three people. You're probably not going to be able to pronounce my last name, anyway. : P

Age?
    Why not? I'm 15.

Gender?
    Again, why not? I'm a female.

Phone number?

Uh, I think only one of my MSN buddies has my phone number (not including people that, y'know, live near me... I mean Internet friends). I trust the others with it, though. I would definitely not just hand it around on a forum, though.

Address?

Ugh. No way. I haven't gotten this far, yet. Maybe in the future... but only to my actual friends. I frankly don't trust my address on the Internet.

Same as everything else. I would never post one on the forums because I hate getting my picture taken because I'd just... rather not. But I trust my closer friends and I showed them... maybe two pictures of me before.

Yes. Albeit a little dangerous, I feel confident in my abilities to defend myself (you know, unless they have a gun or something)

How far do you go? Would you give your first name? Last name? Age? Gender? Phone number? Address?
    As far as need be. I always give out my full name, my age and gender. My phone number, typically no, unless I'm signing up for something that requires it(if I know some really well, I'll give them my cell no harm done) , the same goes for address(minus what is in the parentheses.

Yeah, I just posted some on this site.

Not so much, no. I should probably be more careful.

Yoruichi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I never give out personal information online. Maybe my msn address and my first name to trusted folks. I've talked to people online who I've known really well and we've got along fine

Years
    Not really, I like to keep some things private and safe.

Yeah, I have a common first name. Mike. So I don't mind revealing that.

Last name?
    Nope.

Age?
    Yeah I reveal my age.

Gender?
    Yeah I reveal this also.

Phone number?
    NO. I dont want random people calling me. Only my IRL friends/family. Never and online friend no matter how close we are.

Address?
    Again, NO. I dont want a random person showing up at my house.

This I do sometimes but rarely. I mostly only do this on facebook or msn.

How open are you online?
    I am open with my first name, age, gender.

As you can see, I like to keep important stuff like my phone number and address safe and private.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online? I wouldn't give out out any information that was too personal but if I get to know someone they will get to learn a lot about me. :3

How far do you go? I wouldn't say I go too far. XD

Would you give your first name? yeah Gareth. XD

Age? Yeah

Gender? Yeah

Phone number? No way.

Address? No. but I don't mind saying I live in Leeds, England.

Do you post pictures of yourself? No but if I wasn't lazy I might. XD

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
    It depends on what it is

DURHURR it's Vania!

Last name?
    Nope.

Age?
    Yeah I reveal my age.

Gender?
    Yeah I reveal this also.

Phone number?
    if I get a good wnough connection with someone.

Address?I'm at college so that won't do anyone any good

Oh yes. (See profile)

How open are you online?
    Pretty open

Pretty cautious, I'd like to think

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Would you give your first name?
    yes, it's Thomas, but I usually just go by Tommy

Last name?
    yes, it's the common English word for color described in hexcode as #000000

Age?
    yes, I'm currently 22 years old...two moths until 23. >_<

Gender?
    yes, last I checked, I had all the proper biological apparatus of the male gender. XD

Phone number?
    not unless I know you IRL. :P

Address?
    No full address unless I know you IRL, but I don't make any effort to hide the City/State I live in...it's Houston, TX if you were wondering.

If I have one, yes. If you must know what I look like, search for my posts in the appropriate thread in OC. XD

Think of it this way. When you meet people in any RL organized social group, they can usually tell your name, age, gender, hometown, and appearance by default while your phone number and address are private unless you trust them enough to know it.

I see internet forums as no different than a RL social group in that regard, so I don't see the point in hiding my name, age, gender, hometown, or my appearance.

...and anyone who openly gives out their phone number or address online is just asking to be visited by a rapist. >_>

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I've given out my name before. Some people even know my last name. Also, Erica, or lightning on the forums here, knows my address. XD But other than that I hardly ever give strangers online anything but my first name. D: As far as what goes on about other things, it seems only the best of my friends that don't stab my back can know the real me. It's upto them on whether they feel they can trust me. I have trust issues so I usually try to stay away from telling something I shouldn't be. Most people hate me after knowing some of my biggest personal tidbits... we'll call them. D: So yeah.

As for my phone number no but i did give out my cell to a friend of mine... until we got into a fight. Now we never talk. >_< My age is my real age even though I don't act my age... lol, then again who actually DOES act their age? :P Also, last I checked I was a female so i guess that's obviously true? :O

Years
    How personal are we talking? XD

it's my username X3

Last name?
    not unless I really get to know someone

Age?
    22 ^^;;

Gender?
    It's pretty obvious

Phone number?
    not to often.

Address?
    see above

yeah, I mean I don't see how that hurts to

How open are you online?
    Pretty open

Fairly cautious. I think I can saftely know what is right to answer

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • First name?
    Yes, it makes me feel known if they use it.
    Last name?
    Yup, but only sometimes because it's pretty dorky.
    Age?
    Yeah, all the time so people don't think I'm a pedo.
    Gender?
    You could probably guess based on how I act.
    Phone number?
    Never. I don't wanna talk to a stranger unless they are really close. Like Snowweh.
    Address?
    Not the exact address but I do say the city because it's a large city. It's Las Vegas. Who is really gonna look for me? xD'
    All the time. I'm a chubbeh kid though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    First name?
    Yeah, quite a few people know my real name, although they still call me Luck.

Last name?
    I'm too paranoid for that :[

Age?
    Yeah.

Gender?
    Basically everyone knows my gender, even if I do try to switch it.

Phone number?
    Nope.

Address?
    I don't think I'll ever be any more specific than Saint Louis, MO.

Not here, but two special people know what I look like.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I give out my name, as it is what I have my MSN set to. I dont give out my last unless I add them to Facebook. I only give my number out to people I know, I NEVER give my adress out no matter what. I post my picture on forums I am most comfortable with. =D

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Would you give your first name? Yes...Even Though I Prefer My Username....Or Gracie....
    Last name? No One Knows That....so Far
    Age? Nah, Don't Really See Why.
    Gender? Yes....a Lot Of People Know If They Check My Name Or I Just Say it - I'M A GIRL!!!
    Phone number? Nope
    Address? =Nope
    Do you post pictures of yourself? Yes.....

Back