• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal Info

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online? How far do you go? Would you give your first name? Last name? Age? Gender? Phone number? Address?
    Do you post pictures of yourself?

How open are you online? How cautious are you with your personal information?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Would you give your first name? Last name? Age? Gender? Phone number? Address?
    No; no; no; no; no; and no.

I'm not cautious as such, I just have a natural inclination not to provide information by which others may form an assumption(s) about myself based on their own social standards (for example that I am emotional if female). Even IRL, if someone asks my address or other names for no necessary reason, I'm not going to give that to them.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I've given my full name before, once. And I give out my age and gender regularly. I've given out my e-mail, only to people I honestly think I can trust, though.

But these are only on the places I can trust, I wouldn't just throw info around the internet.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    First name?
    Yes

Last name?
    Yes

Age?
    Yes

Gender?
    Yes

Phone number?
    No

Address?
    No, but I do say I live in New York

Yes. xD

How cautious am I? Well, on PC, I tell those I'm close with almost everything. ALMOST. xD

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No I don't like to tell my personal info online and I am not very open.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Would you give your first name? Yes, I do. I prefer to be called by something other than my first name by people I barely know.
    Last name? Everyone I'm close to knows my full name.
    Age? I tell people how old I am.
    Gender? You can guess my gender easily if you knew my name.
    Phone number? Two people know my phone number. Eight or so know my cellphone number and text me on a daily basis.
    Address? Two people know my address. One has sent me presents and I send her presents as well.
    Do you post pictures of yourself? Yes.

Years
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online? To any random person? Err, no. However, if I've talked to this person for a long time, I might be able to trust them with more specific details about myself. More down on this post.
    How far do you go? I'd like to think I don't go too far, though I've never paid attention to internet safety vids...I probably do go too far on here. ;>3>
    Would you give your first name? Several on here know me and call me by my real name (which totally isn't Jordan o3o;)
    Last name? It's quite common anyhow.
    Age? Yep
    Gender? Those who are close to me would know definitively which gender I am, though what I set as my gender changes every so often. XD;
    Phone number? Not a chance.
    Address? No.
    Do you post pictures of yourself? Not on here.
    How open are you online? I post in OVP and OC quite a bit and tell much of my preferences for things and such, so pretty open I guess?
    How cautious are you with your personal information? I try as hard as possible to abstain from giving private information to people whom I don't know well, whether to people handing out magazines or online. o3o;

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    You do realize that you've posed an impossible paradox for those who prefer to peruse the internet via an online alias. I'm talking those people who slip into and out of their online alias as an actor slips into and out of character. I suppose I could answer some of these,
    First name?
    Yes...
    Last name?
    Yes...
    Age?
    No, I've scattered a few ages around and I have a feeling that the people who know me the most can guess within a decent range, but I don't think anyone can actually name my real age.
    Gender?
    Yes, I am Male and I act male. I cannot act like a female and actually be believed.
    Phone number?
    Nope, not even some of the online retailers I use know my real phone number.
    Address?
    Nope, I've given a general timezone and to some an actual geographical area, but never as exact as to give away info such as city, area code, or home address.
    Once, I posted a picture, but I removed it a couple of hours later.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Most people who I'm fairly close with online know my age, full name, gender etc.
    I think like, one person has my number xD
    But never gets used, only called like one time, have texted though.
    But yeah I'm fairly comfortable to give out my number to good friends online.
    Oh, and I've posted some pics in the pictures of myself here on pc.

.Bullet

My Valentine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I'm usually pretty lenient with my personal information. Though some, obviously, I'll probably never give out unless it's for buying things online.

Some people know my name and age, but that's about it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    My first name, my age and my gender are free for anyone to know. I also am pretty lenient with my photo being posted online, but I'm picky with my last name, phone number and address. No one online knows these details, since they are really important and confidential. I'd prefer not to disclose them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I like to keep my PC identity and my real identity separate, though if you look hard enough you can connect the two.

I give out my first/last name and age on Facebook and post photos there but not on PC (well, not my actual age anyway). My phone number is off limits and as far as my address I only list the building I live in... not my room number or anything like that.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I give people my first name, middle name, email and facebook. Even though I don't give my last name out, Facebook does xD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    First: People know it.
    Last: Some people know it.
    Phone: Some people know it.
    Address: Some people know it.
    Post pictures: Yes.

I need to hide my info more. :(

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I don't feel comfortable in giving out my personal details.

I give out my name, age and gender but other than that, no. I gave someone my cellphone number though. I don't even post my pictures online.

☆Konata☆

~☆~Lucky~☆~Star~☆~
    Years
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online? Depends =o
    How far do you go? Phone =o
    Would you give your first name? Yup
    Last name? Nope
    Age? Yup
    Gender?Yup
    Phone number? Depends
    Address? Never
    Do you post pictures of yourself? Nope, never will

How open are you online? very open
    How cautious are you with your personal information? When I was younger I used to have a fake name, fake age, fake everything but now I dont feel the need to do that =o

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Would you give your first name? No, not unless I feel comfortable with the person.
    Last name? No.
    Age? Yes.
    Gender? It depends on my mood. Sometimes I play along with the assumption that I'm a guy, other times I correct people.
    Phone number? I have only ever given my number to one person on the internet, and that was someone who I trusted more than anyone else.
    Address? No, but I'm fine with giving a general area.
    Do you post pictures of yourself? Yes, crappy cosplay pictures.

Years
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online?
    I don't feel comfortable at all with giving my personal information on the internet. The only thing that has my information is my Facebook, and it's set to private. I have even set up an online identity with an alternate first name, address, and phone number. The address and phone number are valid, too, just the phone number is a TracPhone and I'm not going to say anything about the address, except for that it's legal.

How far do you go?
    Not very far at all. The only things I'll freely give away are my age and gender, since people in my age and gender category are all over the internet. >.<

Would you give your first name?
    It depends. If it's someone I talk to on a regular basis online, then sure. If it's a random person, then they get my alternative identity.

Last name?
    Never.

Age?
    Yes.

Gender?
    Yes.

Phone number?
    No, not even on my Facebook.

Address?
    Nope, not unless I'm ordering from a store. In this case, I use private tabs in Opera.

Unless it's my Facebook, any picture I post of myself is Photoshopped so you can see me, but not my identity, if that makes any sense.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Do you feel comfortable giving out your personal information online?
    Depends which bit of info but usually I don't mind

How far do you go?
    Anything to up to find where I am

Would you give your first name?
    Yep

Last name?
    Yep

Age?
    Yep

Gender?
    Unless asked but I love confusing people

Phone number?
    Haha...No

Address?
    Sorry stalkers... nope

On Facebook yes, On Forums? maybe in the future but who knows?

Years
    I'm open about some things, but not about others.

Age and gender, well, you can find them in my profile already, so obviously I'm not worried about those details.

In posts, I'll give you my first name; considering my current username and most common nickname is based off my name, I'm not shy in telling you my name is Samantha. (And my middle name is Pearl. Awesome y/y? :D) I draw the line there, though. The members here don't need to know my last name, my address, or my phone number. I might give those to my close Internet friends, though.

Pictures, well, that's hit or miss. Lately I haven't had anyone take pictures of me in general, so there's nothing to post. If I did, I'd be more likely to post them in my profile than the OC picture thread. And tbh they'd go to Facebook first because I need a good profile picture there, haha.

Back