• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pET PEEVES v2

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
sending your magikarp into a dynamax raid battle should be considered animal cruelty

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I still haven't decided what should be my main gigantamax mon in my Shield nuzrun.

I have also been nothing but unimpressed by all the Ninjask I've used so far in my nuzruns. Not Nincada since it's surprisingly high defense helps to save it from stuff and it just doesn't last long until it evolves. But Ninjask has just been underwhelming so far to the point I might call it the weakest fully evolved creature I've used.

This started last year when I started an X run. After doing surprisingly well in the first form, my Ninjask for some reason was just not good. He did nothing but hold the team back with his bad movepool and defenses and then he died. The one in another run I did was just way too unimpressive. I have it again in my Shield run but I have zero hopes for it, right now it's boxed.

I won't spare details, but I decided to look up discussions on the worst fully evolved Bug and Flying mons. It wasn't mentioned, but things like Kricketune and Vespiquen were. Yeah, at least those guys actually have moves. It's a shame, to be honest. I actually really liked Ninjask previously because I liked it's design and the whole Speed boost Baton pass thing, until I actually used it. There are many ways to actually work like, maybe have it learn Baton pass and whatnot earlier and make it, y'know, have actual moves. Like not Fury cutter and what not, I mean actually good moves.

Years
what keeps me from doing dynamax adventures is purely the fact that not only is the shiny chance based on pure rng, but there's also a luck factor in the AI actually doing something intelligent and not throwing battles entirely. a lot of them spam status moves when it isn't appropriate to (... can they really click something else other than acupressure?) and when you're facing the legendary pokemon at the end, you have to pray to arceus that the AIs don't do something completely idiotic and click a move that would end up costing the whole raid.

this isn't even the worst part, as you also have to hope that they won't deliberately pick bad pokemon. you can influence this somewhat depending on what route you take, but ultimately you can't prevent their choices if they happen to pick a bad one and refuse to ever change from it. which therefore means that for a shiny hunter like me, shiny hunting legendaries becomes needlessly more tedious than it needs to be. :c

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I'm really curious about why there were so few fire types in Sinnoh, if it was somehow intentional to balance the game or if they simply... forgot? Like they had a whole dex ready and then some guy realized that no one had thought up a fire type and just shrugged.

Years
I'm really curious about why there were so few fire types in Sinnoh, if it was somehow intentional to balance the game or if they simply... forgot? Like they had a whole dex ready and then some guy realized that no one had thought up a fire type and just shrugged.

Ahaha, this was a peeve of mine too when replaying DPPt. It's....really odd, I figured they had people dedicated specifically to balancing the game and making sure each type has enough representation. We got a little more in Platinum at least, but DP's fire type selection was so poor if you didn't choose Chimchar.

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
Years
It's a big pet peeve of mine that the games seem to be super gender-oriented—has anyone else noticed this? Recently, the divide has been... a bit crazy, to say the least.

Galar: In Sword, you get a cool bird with a sword, and in Shield, you get a magical pony-
Alola: Sun and Moon. 'Nuff said. And I'm talking to you, xXLunaWolfXx's of the world.
Kalos: Not even talking about Pokémon performing, because that's in the anime, but come ON, guys, you're telling me I'm supposed to choose between a (magical) rainbow deer and BACON DESTRUCTION?

And overall, the choice of exclusive 'mons you get in the games is usually tipped in some direction.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I guess. Imagine getting those three as your allies against a 5-Star Raid. Might as well just reset the game straight away.

Something I hate about Heart Gold and Soul Silver is how hard it is to get Blue's phone number. To get it you have to have tea with his sister at least five times, which you can only do once every day between 3PM and 4PM, and then you have to show her a Pokémon with Max Friendship before she finally gives you the damn number. Finally got it a few days ago for literally the first time EVER.

Years
I guess. Imagine getting those three as your allies against a 5-Star Raid. Might as well just reset the game straight away.

Something I hate about Heart Gold and Soul Silver is how hard it is to get Blue's phone number. To get it you have to have tea with his sister at least five times, which you can only do once every day between 3PM and 4PM, and then you have to show her a Pokémon with Max Friendship before she finally gives you the damn number. Finally got it a few days ago for literally the first time EVER.

Huh, didn't even know that was a thing. Started a SS playthrough last week so I'll have to remember to do it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Sabrina's speech in Crystal. "I don't like battling, but I will show you my power".

If you don't like battling why did you kick out the fighting gym next door and take over

Years
I know I have touched on this in several threads but it is straight up ruining the games for me. It is the god damn hand holding and not letting you explore for yourself! Gens 7 and 8 have terrible replay ability because you just sit there and spam A as NPCs guide you through the game.

Years
I know I have touched on this in several threads but it is straight up ruining the games for me. It is the god damn hand holding and not letting you explore for yourself! Gens 7 and 8 have terrible replay ability because you just sit there and spam A as NPCs guide you through the game.

if only they allowed us to choose difficulty at the start of the game, i feel like everybody would be happy, and there wouldn't be the need for people to literally edit it to make challenging hack versions and whatnot.

i guess that's a pet peeve for me as well. fan games and romhacks do their job better than they can.

Years
not a super strong pet peeve but... Wallace being the Champion in Emerald was always eh to me. He never seemed like a Champion - Steven's Pokémon gave that air off more and were overall tougher to take down (though Milotic can be a pain). The main good thing was Steven got turned into an endgame boss with super high levels but otherwise, Juan was very forgettable and Wallace being champion kinda bothered me at first. I do like him, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't fit imo.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
not a super strong pet peeve but... Wallace being the Champion in Emerald was always eh to me. He never seemed like a Champion - Steven's Pokémon gave that air off more and were overall tougher to take down (though Milotic can be a pain). The main good thing was Steven got turned into an endgame boss with super high levels but otherwise, Juan was very forgettable and Wallace being champion kinda bothered me at first. I do like him, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't fit imo.

I feel similarly, but my issue isn't with Wallace himself. Mono water was just fought in the 8th gym, with a plethora of water routes and swimmer trainers before this. So you reach the champion and "here's another water type team".

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
The fact that we don't have a Grass-type Elite Four yet

and that Glacia is an Ice-type E4 in a region where there are literally only two Ice-types to choose from (not counting Froslass)

Years
getting kinda annoyed @ bdsp statues. do they have any noticeable effect whatsoever, or is it so minor that maybe i'm overlooking it? i'm also genuinely wondering if the coloured statues do like. anything. apparently they increase shiny encounter rates, but by how much? and has anyone reliably got shinies this way? idk. bdsp's secret base mechanics are definitely the weaker parts of the game.

Back