• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Pikachu Out, Greninja In As Most Popular Pokémon in Japan

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
  • Questions:

- Who on Earth thought Pikachu would win?

- I love Greninja the most out of every Pokemon, but why would you vote for it in a contest for an event?

- Where can I get that awesome plush?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You know, there could be a coding for Ash Greninja in Sun & Moon but otherwise I think it's a form that won't leave the anime.

The best thing this event would do for Greninja is provide it moves it can't normally learn, only to put its foot on Ubers deeper thanks to Protean.

Now the biggest question is... how did Magnemite get the 24th spot?

Magnemite is sort of an internet meme in Japan. It got a lot of requests as a playable fighter for Pokken, which it unfortunately didn't make the cut.

I really hope this doesn't lead to Ash-Greninja making it into the games.

Or you know, it's just a glorified Mega Evolution.

...lolwut...
    So not only are pokemon digimon now (megas), but now they are pulling off Dragon Ball Z techniques... lol I feel a bit reluctant to have fallen out of the main franchise when I did.

Pokémon has inspirations from DBZ since the first generation. Sugimori's old artwork looked more like Akira Toriyama's art style, and Mewtwo shares the same color palletes as Freiza.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Just read this, cannot believe it. Sorry to say guys, but I'm extremely disappointed by this, coz I think the Froakie line is one the worst, actually the worst Starter line of all starters so far. Any Pokemon even something like a Qwilfish or Dunsparce would have been okay for me, but Greninja topping popularity charts, gross -_-. the voting was rigged (will I be trolled for saying this :P).

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Why not lucario? Lucario is imo the GREATEST pokemon of all time.

Lucario is awesome!!! I usually really like the popular Pokemon that aren't legendaries for some reason. I love Lucario and Greninja and Pikachu. But not so big one the Arceus and Genosect. I don't understand the appeal personally.

Years
  • While overshadowed by the reveal of two 7th Gen Pokemon, the new issue of CoroCoro that just leaked has revealed details on an event Greninja for Japan that ties in with its victory in the Pokemon Election.

The event Greninja will have its hidden ability Protean (duh) and will come knowing the moves Hydro Pump, Gunk Shot, Mat Block and Happy Hour. Aside from the last move, there's nothing else special with this Greninja.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Somehow I'm not surprised by this turnout, expect for Meloetta and Genesect, which I'm kinda indifferent about. This likely has to do something with Ash-Greninja, I think. Or maybe because Greninja is a newer Pokemon? I don't know, but I get the feeling Lucario would be higher on the list if Greninja didn't exist.

Edit: Goomy being lower than Magnemite though. Uh?

I'm a little sad Reuniclus isn't in the top 100 though...

Back