• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Piplup,Turtwig or Chimchar?

Piplup,Turtwig or Chimchar?

• Total voters
Years
Honestly, although i've picked Chimchar more times than the other two put together, as a Pokémon itself I like Turtwig the best. It just has some neat stuff behind it and it feels reminiscent of the safaris. And I think that's cool.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I originally liked and planned to choose Piplup, but last second I changed my mind and decided to pick Turtwig! He's green and he's such a shy little turtle. :3 I couldn't say no to him.

I like all 3 of the starters, though!

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Piplup. I so love it, it's design is very clever, it's Typing is very good, and alongside Ice allows it to hit everything except itself for Neutral Damage. It has good Defensive Typing, being weak to only Fighting, Ground, and Electric.

Turtwig is also cool :D

Chimchar must die. I hate it.

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
Years
Chimchar, but then again I usually tend to side with fire type, plus Infernape beats all the other gen 4 starters.

Fighting > Steel
Fire > Grass

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Chimchar, but then again I usually tend to side with fire type, plus Infernape beats all the other gen 4 starters.

Fighting > Steel
Fire > Grass

Torterra does the same, as Ground deals SE Damage on Fire and Steel, and Empoleon does so indirectly through the Flying Type Moves it learns.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I prefer Turtwig. He is actually cute and his evolution is very underrated (Seriously, it works in gen 5 UU and is amazing in-game). Piplup is the definition of overrated, has a retarded voice in the anime (I still like Empoleon, though), and Chimchar is... ok, I guess. But Turtwig wins in my book.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Chimchar most often :) Its evos are some of my favorite starters. Even though Piplup's family is cute because penguins and steel is epic, I usually don't pick the water starters. Turtwig never enthralled me at all, tbh. It's evos are much too bulky looking for my taste.

BasedNate

ImDaBes
Years
I chose Piplup specifically for Empoleon. Man, he was beast asf in the game and in the show. He's the epitimy of pure badasstry :D

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Favorite Starter Pokemon?

Which of the Great Sinnoh Starters Was Your Favorite?

Torterra-The Slow Physical Tank
Infernape-The Speedy Attacker With Low Defense
Empoleon-The Mixed, Slow Special Attacker

Mine was Torterra ^_^
I Love Torterra Because It Is Great Defensively and Can Learn Some Great Moves Like Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Wood Hammer, and Stone Edge. It's a Great Pokemon!

Empoleon is Great Too, I wasn't too fond of Infernape though, he couldn't take any hits for me and rarely got any attacks in:/ but i've seen some people use him better than I have.

Anyways, post below what your favorite starter is and why! Don't forget to answer the poll:3

Back