• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Me saving multiple times, because I forgot that I saved already, is something that's no Pokemon exclusive; happens to me all the time.

I also like to save, before making the first WT trade, although it's absolutely unneccessary, because the games saves before the trade, anyway.

Years
    In most playthroughs, I do remember to save commonly. But in normal playthroughs i'll sometimes go a long way without saving at all, I remember when I first played White 2 and I did not save a single time all the way from before I took on Drayden to when I beat Marlon. It was a Friday night and I was trying to get through the game quick, I didn't even think about saving then. xP But I did after I got my last badge.

Years
    I save fairly frequently, just in case if I end up doing something wrong. But I think things usually turn out like I hope so I'm all good with how I'm playing.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I only ever save before important events like catching a legendary, before a gym battle, and before the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Every time I turn my 3DS on and begin playing some Pokémon game, I wind up saving so many times, it becomes easy to lose count.

Back when Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire were still in their prime, I had, one day, made a lot of progress within one of these titles by spending around three to four hours non-stop, but sadly, before turning off the game, I did not remember to save (thinking I'd done it already), and when I had turned it on again next day, a lot of my things seemed to have been lost, which definitely frustrated me.

After this occurrence, I'd always been extra, extra careful in regards to saving, and began to save after nearly each and every event, whether it be little or small (capturing new Pokémon, defeating a Gym Leader, entering some new location, and so forth).

Years
    I do have some bad memories of RS when I had played quite a bit far in (from a little while after getting Surf) to doing a lot of optional stuff and then getting mad at Route 119 or so, and then resetting the game only to be back near the water routes. It was not a fun time, I can assure you that.

And when it comes to challenges, or battling legendary Pokémon, it is important for me to remember to save, surely.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Double-abilities likely won't be a broken thing on all Pokémon, as I've stated before, especially ones that have relatively low stats in comparison to others, but... I'm not precisely sure as to how often GameFreak will be keeping track of this, to be honest. From looks of it, they don't always seem to pay attention to competitive aspect of their games, which is a reason as to why. It definitely would have been nice if they were more aware.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Imo, balancing a Pokemon game is really difficult and for the most part GF did a pretty good job, considering how they are forced to find a good middle way that covers both single and online player mode (=VGC Doubles).
    At least until gen 6 came around; I'm not a fan of how some mechanics changed, like how every Pokemon that participates in a battle gets the full experience as opposed to all the EXP getting split up. Then there's the EXP-Share, which I kind of like how it makes training so much easier, that seems to get a lot of hate, despite the fact, that it can be turned off.

It certainly seems as if GF is sacrificing ingame balance in favor for the casualization that's been going on in the gaming industry for quite some time now and of course online play.

Years
    Personally, I find Generation V better for grinding during the adventure, but in the post-game when you're trying to get your team to Level 100 or readying your team for competitive, that goes to Generation VI with O-Powers and full EXP gains. But despite all the dumbing down for the adventure I still think they can make those good at least.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I save after almost every battle, or when I catch a Pokemon i've been looking for for a very long time. Stupid mistakes have happened..

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've been thinking about fishing in Pokemon games, lately. While I'm not particularly into fishing, one thing that kinda bugs me is how you pull out the fishing rod and after one second it gets automatically pulled out of the water again, with a message telling you, that nothing bit. I feel like, it would be a lot better if they just let it out until something bites and if you got sick of waiting you would still be able to pull it out again youself by pushing some random button. As time progresses, the chance of something biting would increase, but the time neccessary would still be somewhere around a couple secoonds, because, obviously, nobody wants to wait minutes or even hours for that..

Also abilities like Suction Cups would just make Pokemon bite faster.

Years
    I remember one time where I was playing X, when I accidentally used the Super Rod in one area when I didn't want to right away, and I had hooked something but didn't reel it in, and my character held the rod for a few seconds before pulling it back and it said I reeled it in too slow. It was during a Wedlocke (I think the first one, the Pokémon Center restrictions disaster), I remember that much, but I don't even recall why I didn't pull it in at first go - I might have been leading with someone I didn't want to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is that some bug of sorts? It does sound like one, haha. If it is, I don't believe I've ever run into anything like this while playing Pokémon before. It definitely would have been cool if I were able.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I almost never fish. It's a bit boring and I dislike most fish pokemon. I would love it if there was a funner fishing mechanic.

Years
    I don't remember when that happened, but it was so long ago and not sure if it's something I want to try again. But i've never successfully done chain fishing, I know some people have gotten good shiny Water-types out of it but it's nothing i'm keen on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if I've ever tried of such a thing, either, although I've seen others do it on various occasion through play-through videos and whatnot. To me, the process seems to be complicated (more so than average radar-chaining).

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I haven't touched 6th gen yet, and I've only started B2W2 recently. So far, they're one of my favorites

Years
    I feel like the only one who actually cared for XY's story...

But I am not one of the people who thinks the plot makes the game, or at least breaks it completely if it isn't good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back