• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    6th gen more or less improved on this. The whole story involved Lysandre and whatever was kinda really weird, but not too bad. Lysandre is just a weird dude and Team Flare wasn't a team that made me feel like they were going to be any challenge. Maybe it's because their general lack of personality and depth, which is what teams like Team Magma and Aqua had. :x

You say that like it's a positive...

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Am I the only one who hasnt played the last generation of the games?
    I am yet to start the fifth one too.

The last game I finished was White close to four years ago. I own both W2 and X but only have two badges on each. Haven't touched W2 for at least a year, and X for a few months as well.

That said I've been playing OR more lately and should finish that soon (in the coming months...) so I would give that a go if you haven't yet. It's been able to sustain my interest (in bursts but eh).

Years
    The last game I finished was White close to four years ago. I own both W2 and X but only have two badges on each. Haven't touched W2 for at least a year, and X for a few months as well.

That said I've been playing OR more lately and should finish that soon (in the coming months...) so I would give that a go if you haven't yet. It's been able to sustain my interest (in bursts but eh).

Thanks for the recommendation. I am planning to finish all of them, I just like to play Pokemon games slowly and absorb the most out of them :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've personally never been too fond of White 2 and Black 2, really.

Although I'm a fan of its prequels (as well as Unova region as a whole), these two titles didn't seemed to have been a continuation at all, and I'm positive many others could agree on it; rather, they were portrayed as more of a re-haul.

As for Black and White, I've enjoyed them a lot. They've brought a lot of new things to our table, such as unlimited TM usage, and personally, I did appreciate that; all their changes, I was able to welcome without much problem, if at all.

Years
    Even to this day, it's still really hard for me to put up with the fans of BW who call B2W2 the same. One of these days i'm really gonna have to make a topic about why... There was definitely more new in B2W2 than there was in Emerald as opposed to RS or maybe Platinum as opposed to DP.

To be brutally honest, there are very few hatedoms in the media - Pokémon or otherwise - that annoy me as much as B2W2's.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Even to this day, it's still really hard for me to put up with the fans of BW who call B2W2 the same. One of these days i'm really gonna have to make a topic about why... There was definitely more new in B2W2 than there was in Emerald as opposed to RS or maybe Platinum as opposed to DP.

To be brutally honest, there are very few hatedoms in the media - Pokémon or otherwise - that annoy me as much as B2W2's.

I'm not saying they're precisely the same (of course, they have their own differences), but personally, it feels to me that if they were to put Black 2 and White 2 off as sequels, GameFreak could have done a lot better in terms of distinguishing (plot, overall game-play, and so forth) and whatnot if they had tried slightly more hard.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I need to get back into pokémon gaming. Platinum is next on my checklist.

I started BW2 but realized after a little while that I should finish White first ;)

Years
    I agree with Pendraflare here. B/W2 had a lot of new stuff, it really felt like a sequel for me, it's different from every sequel game. Even if the gameplay is the same, the games were quite different.

Thank you! I can't lie, sometimes I get the vibe that some of the people that make the claim that they're the same hardly even played it, or weren't paying enough attention.

I need to get back into pokémon gaming. Platinum is next on my checklist.

I started BW2 but realized after a little while that I should finish White first ;)

That would not be a bad idea. I've always liked Platinum, it was my favorite for a while even if I had only played it once until 2012.

Years
    Even though it was nice of them to give all legendaries 3 31 IVs, it's still tough to get the ones you want, as it can really take a while. Like with the Latios/Latias you get at Southern Island you have to sit through the Magma/Aqua battle before you can get it.

Years
    I remember when I caught Terrakion in White 2 and it was Jolly nature with 31 Attack and Speed, haha. And the day before that I got a Timid Kyurem with max Speed and I think 30 Special Attack, too. That was before things got more advanced.

Years
    That is something that has happened for me more than once, getting the 31 IV in the unneeded stat(s) can be a pain. I remember one TC regular had spent a while trying for a Yveltal with 31s in everything except Attack, but he ultimately ended up giving up. )=

blue

gucci
    Years
    I never pay attention to IVs/EVs, it's just something I've never bothered with. I've looked it up and tried getting into it, but it just seems like too much hassle or too complicated for me. ;_;

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't care about IVs/EVs at all. I usually don't do postgame that much, and I've never battled online, so I don't keep myself busy with that kind of stuff.

Years
    I'm kinda jealous of everyone that doesn't care about EV/IVs. Once I got into them I haven't looked back and now it's a habit to try and get good EV/IVs for starters or legendaries even on a normal playthrough of a game and that's a pain to do, but I can't stop myself from doing it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The only thing I'm looking out for when playing the games normally is Natures. Although fortunately it's not that annoying, because I can live with a Pokemon having a neutral Nature. {XD}

Years
    There are times i've not used Pokémon because of their nature before, but sometimes i'm basically stuck with what I get (see: Modest Staraptor). In normal plays i'll take anything that isn't outright crap.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    For ingame I don't care too much. If I happen to catch multiple Pokemon of the same species I'll go for the one that seems stronger, but I don't mind nature and EVs/IVs so much.

VGC stuff is another matter, there I will breed pokes and EV train them (but then it's pretty easy when you have good pokes already to breed off! And super training/horde battles!), but I don't take it _too_ seriously. Haven't bothered much with resetting for perfect legendaries yet, and cannot be bother to breed for Hidden Power.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't even understand the mechanics behind anything with the word hidden in it. Hidden power, hidden abilities. I don't get them at all.

Years
    The only time I ever remember breeding for a cool Hidden Power was when I had a special attacking Lucario back in Pearl that I managed to get Hidden Power Ice onto, and even at that it wasn't max power (it was 68 I think). I wasn't a competitive battler then anyway, so it was really just a fun thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back