• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't mind playing Pokémon on bigger screens so long as the games are meant to be. If it's a handheld title, though, for example, and it gets attached to a television via some cable, that, for me, would be sort of hard to accept.

Years
    The last time I played Pokémon on the big screen was XD, like over five years ago. Since I don't have a Gamecube or a Wii U, there hasn't been much big-screen Pokémon action i've had.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I remember I had Pokémon battle revolution ages ago. That was great, when friends and I played together. On its own it was a little disappointing.

Years
    How did those adapters even work for gameboy to GameCube? Was it just a cable?
    Do you guys think pokemon for consoles would be popular or do you think most of the charm is the game being handheld?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I actually want to play Pokemon Stadium 2 again...I did once on an emulator months ago, but then welll I gave up when I faced Whitney's Miltank.

Classic.

I'm going to have to face that Miltank fairly soon in HeartGold. I plan on picking up a female Geodude in Union Cave to deal with that. Walls her completely and she can't use attract. 8)

Years
    Ah yes, that has been the answer to many players who face that fucking Miltank. Either that or trading a Drowzee for that Machop in the Department Store, which I have done at least once before. Or you could even get a Heracross, which learns Brick Break at Level 19, but that'd be a pain to train it up.

Years
    ^ Not as much in HGSS, where it has a Lum Berry. But I think it has Scrappy and not Thick Fat, I remember hearing someone who OHKO'ed it with a Quilava's Fire Blast. And speaking of such, I remember having Flamethrower on my Quilava before that fight...

Years
    I was just playing Silver. I got almost all Kanto towns to be flyable but I didn't attempt to get the gym badges yet until I level up my team some more. It sucks that Houndour is post game.

Years
    Flamethrower before Whitney? How in the world...?
    Two words: Voltorb Flip. It takes patience, but with that Game Corner game you can obtain some pretty darn good prizes, like TMs, relatively early in the game without even needing to pay anything. I didn't even use the Quilava against Whitney, anyway, as I had a Geodude, but having that 95 power was a bit crazy for that stage in the game, and the Charcoal really didn't help. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I used to be amazing at Voltorb Flip. But then I stopped playing and then when I tried playing it again recently I sucked. It was pretty upsetting. :(

I'll have to remember that if I ever replay HGSS! But first I need to buy HG because I don't like playing DS games on the computer.

Years
    Voltorb Flip.

I am the absolute worst at that game, and it doesn't help that it's like a clone of Minesweeper, a game that I always seemed to lose within the first 10 minutes of playing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I liked Voltorb Flip; at least it's more fun and more predictable than the previous Game Corner games. The slots were just boring, I mean, you either won or you lost. Losing isn't even much of a deal anyway, because you just save beforehand and simply reload.

Years
    I have a confession. Are you guys ready?, ok, here it goes...

I never cared about Trade Corner games and I'm never going to care. As much as I can buy coins, I'm going to do that everytime. I don't find the point, I don't find them funny to play at all :(

I highly doubt it's just you saying that.

But one good thing about not being able to buy coins is, as I said, you save a little bit of money in-game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I might have tried Voltorb Flip a few times before, but... had never actually found myself getting into it. Same applies for most other mini-games we have in main series of Pokémon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It was a shame to see them remove the Game Corner, but it wasn't that much of a major blow for me considering I never really spent a great deal of time using them. The Voltorb Flip on the other hand was addictive, and oddly satisfying when you got a winning streak.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I liked Platinum's slots but other than that I did enjoy Voltorb Flip more than the other slots that I tried. I was much better at it back then if anything.

Platinum's slots tho ♥

Years
    Actually, now that I remember it, I might have tried the slots on Leaf Green once earlier this year to get coins when I remember being low on money due to burning a lot of it to get extra TMs and vitamins. And I succeeded.

I've also scored the jackpot in Platinum a couple times but never made it to that streak of ten bonus rounds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back