• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed PMD&D

Years
  • Hello and welcome to Pokemon Mystery Dungeons and Dragon(ite)s: Malicious Mansion!

This is pretty much exactly what it sounds like, a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-themed TTRPG (tabletop roleplaying game). Like the name implies, this is similar to a game of D&D, albeit this is a system we have specifically designed for hosting PMD-inspired games and is quite a bit simpler and more beginner-friendly.

Simply put, either myself or Lycanthropy will act as your game master and guide you through a Mystery Dungeon-inspired story we have crafted just for this Get-Together. You will take on the role of a member of a Pokemon rescue and exploration guild much like in the games themselves - playing out interactions, solving puzzles and engaging in battles with the aid of (virtual) dice rolls to determine outcomes. That's the basic idea. We'll explain the system and character building more during each group's Session 0 (more about that further down). Of course, feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread and we'll answer them!

We had a lot of fun playing out last year's games and we're looking forward to seeing what shenanigans you can get into this time.

The Story

In sticking with the spookier vibes of much of this year's GT, we'll be going with a bit of a Halloween-inspired game this year. You will be playing as members of Wigglytuff's Guild, taking on a recovery mission. Your guild master's more musically-inclined cousin, Puff Jiglee, has had his home broken into by a group of bandits and his priceless antique music box stolen. The thieves in question seem to be living in a run down mansion, along with a bunch of other spooky Ghost types and the like.

Your job is simple: get inside the mansion and take the music box back. Of course, things won't be simple. While some of the residents of the mansion are friendly enough, others will be more interested in helping you out than hindering you... and it pretty quickly becomes apparent that the mansion may be haunted for real.

Available Player Pokemon

As a player, you will be able to participate as one of the twelve Pokemon listed below. You can see the moves available to each Pokemon in this attached document, but we'll be going over this stuff with you anyway during Session 0 when we help you build your characters and explain the basics of how this system works.

tis6XYu.png
    dpOj3lc.png
    Xzr84qu.png
    NHlogJB.png

e6WqfJ6.png
    EaIrsQB.png
    sDRJjV8.png
    pKJjGfG.png

FjLryFX.png
    e1o3Wpr.png
    oLPeTTh.png
    71qSfHH.png

Additionally, if you participated in last year's PMD&D and would like to reprise your previous character, this can probably be arranged although we'd have to review the previously available moves to make them fit with new refinements to the system.

Scheduling

We will be running three groups for this game, each having two sessions over the weeks of the Get-Together. During the first week, every group will have a Session 0. This is the session where we'll explain how the game system works to you, introduce you to your character sheets and help you create your characters. The next week we then play the game for real. Each time slot is listed below.

- Saturday October 15 at 8:00am EST (Group A session 0)
    - Saturday October 15 at 1:00pm EST (Group B session 0)
    - Sunday October 16 at 4:00am EST (Group C session 0)
    - Saturday October 22 at 8:00am EST (Group A game)
    - Saturday October 22 at 1:00pm EST (Group B game)
    - Sunday October 23 at 4:00am EST (Group C game)

Group B will be run by me, while Lycanthropy will be taking groups A and C. We're aiming to have four or five players for each group, but if we end up with more interest than that, we'll see what we can do. Each session will probably last somewhere in the 3-4 hour range, so keep that in mind when signing up.

Here is a helpful link for converting those timezones to your own.

This is a collaborative game, so there isn't really any way for one person/team to get ahead of another here. So instead, we'll be giving out 25 participation points to everyone that takes part in both their session 0 and the game itself. The more of you that play, the more points you'll earn for your team!

Last edited:
    Years
  • How are these sessions played? Voice chat, video chat, comments etc.? Asking because I wish to sign up for group B, however my microphone is nearly dead so if voice chat is neccessary I'll not be able to take part.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • How are these sessions played? Voice chat, video chat, comments etc.? Asking because I wish to sign up for group B, however my microphone is nearly dead so if voice chat is neccessary I'll not be able to take part.

We'll be using Discord where gimmepie or myself will narrate and guide the story through a voice call. But if you prefer, you can also simply listen in and use the in-game text-chat of course! ^^

Lycanthropy

Years
  • With that though, group C is FULL. For anyone interested in joining, there's plenty of space in both Saturday groups still! ^^

Group A (Saturday 8:00am EST - Lycanthropy)
    - tenthcompanion
    - Groc
    - Panda280
    -
    -

Group B (Saturday 1:00pm EST - gimmepie)
    - apro
    - Celèste
    - Mersie
    -
    -

Group C (Sunday 4:00am EST - Lycanthropy) [FULL]
    - Dragon
    - Jay
    - MurkMire
    - Shak
    - Kitty

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

I'd like to join group A if I could 😁

Hello! I'd like to join group B if I could.

I can join Group A, and will gladly do so!

Don't know how this will work, but I'd like to join group A

May I join for group B? >w<

Heyo all! Groups A and B have their quick introductory "session zero" today, woo! I'll see you on Discord! :D (Or, in case of group B, gimmepie will see you on Discord. ;] )

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Thanks to everyone for fulfilling a successful mission! I for one certainly had a blast! ^^

Scores for participating have been updated:
    Shadowed Guerreros: +150
    Shackled Arqueros: +100

Back