• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hmm... I think the replacing them wouldn't be impossible. But I think re-arranging the Sinnox Dex would be more better. I think the makers of the game do realize the lack of Fire-type Pokemon. I assume Magby, Magmar and Magmortar will be add on Sinnoh Dex.

Hmm, I was thinking about that just this morning. About Flint's team lacking the few fire types. Well, whatever the case is, there must be something improving.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    wow, a lot to catch up on.
    @Icicle Dance: did you really just say "more better"? i agree, i've heard many people complain about the lack of fire types in the initial dex. maybe not magmortar, but just magby and magmar. obviously, if they do that, they'll have to put elekid and electabuzz in the sinnoh dex, as well...
    at your other comment, i agree with that as well. I love co-ordinating, i wish they would make it more in depth, like in the show. I want to moves to interact with each other, like (if im right) piplups bubble plus glameows sweet kiss revealed little hearts inside bubbles. I wish you could do that in game.
    Yeah, exactly!! That's what I'm thinking... And making combo moves, limited time battle... Thinking it just excites me!!

>Yea, they should change the contest. My Milotic will get more than 35 ribbions!I won all the contests in Emerald and Diamond, now it's time for Platinum!!

:16:
    Oh my!! You win my Blastoise, it has only 18 Ribbons (but only all Hoenn Ribbons, including Hall of Fame and the Ribbon from Slateport Market.)

Hmm, I was thinking about that just this morning. About Flint's team lacking the few fire types. Well, whatever the case is, there must be something improving.
    It's ironic that a Fire-type trainer has only 2 Fire-type Pokemon in his team...
    ----
    Guys, have you ever thought about re-battling Gym Leaders, I think they'll add this feature too!!

Years
  • Yeah, exactly!! That's what I'm thinking... And making combo moves, limited time battle... Thinking it just excites me!!

Oh my!! You win my Blastoise, it has only 18 Ribbons (but only all Hoenn Ribbons, including Hall of Fame and the Ribbon from Slateport Market.)

It's ironic that a Fire-type trainer has only 2 Fire-type Pokemon in his team...
    ----
    Guys, have you ever thought about re-battling Gym Leaders, I think they'll add this feature too!!

Ha yeah, and still they didn't have that many fire type moves, like the ICE PUNCH lopunny. the exact opposite (or close to that) of fire punch orsomething. I wonder how we can get heatran now...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well im wondering about the whole fire thing. Cause if they move about the dex they might have to take out ponyta which would mean no flint. XD i acually saw a lack of type advantages when it came to vokner and flint. An electric gym with only 1 electric type and an elite 4 with only 1 fie type. The other regions must be laughing at te state of sinnoh. But yeah i would acually like more sinnoh pokemon to be in the sinnoh dex. Hmm intresting more sinnoh pokemon in the sinnoh dex. Now thats ironic. Also i was thinking bout gyms. I say orebourgh is goin to get some simple thing unlinke the pseudo 3D original. Eterna we know about. Heathrome as a fighting gym hmm cant say. Pastoria would probably be some crazy surfing puzzle i know it. Veilstone would be more ghost orinetated then the crazy maths you had to do. Mabye a mirror maze? That 6th gym towns gym hmm mabye some kind of factory based platforms traps and such. Snowpoint better stay snowballs thats all im goin to say. If it doesnt expect some kind of snow hill like sledding up down left right crisscrossing all paths. And for sunnyshore cant say. I mean we dont even know the type. The torn world matter. I was always thinking if it would be just some mini maze or what but im seeing that its bigger then we thought. In the movie i swear i saw a trainer there. If there is i would love it to be occupied and heck nintendo might be hiding the fact that there are torn world towns and cities. I hope there is. Cause after all its getting its own map. Yes i think if i read correctly not only will there be a town map but a torn world map as well. ANd thats all i have to deliver as a post.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well im wondering about the whole fire thing. Cause if they move about the dex they might have to take out ponyta which would mean no flint. XD i acually saw a lack of type advantages when it came to vokner and flint. An electric gym with only 1 electric type and an elite 4 with only 1 fie type. The other regions must be laughing at te state of sinnoh. But yeah i would acually like more sinnoh pokemon to be in the sinnoh dex. Hmm intresting more sinnoh pokemon in the sinnoh dex. Now thats ironic. Also i was thinking bout gyms. I say orebourgh is goin to get some simple thing unlinke the pseudo 3D original. Eterna we know about. Heathrome as a fighting gym hmm cant say. Pastoria would probably be some crazy surfing puzzle i know it. Veilstone would be more ghost orinetated then the crazy maths you had to do. Mabye a mirror maze? That 6th gym towns gym hmm mabye some kind of factory based platforms traps and such. Snowpoint better stay snowballs thats all im goin to say. If it doesnt expect some kind of snow hill like sledding up down left right crisscrossing all paths. And for sunnyshore cant say. I mean we dont even know the type. The torn world matter. I was always thinking if it would be just some mini maze or what but im seeing that its bigger then we thought. In the movie i swear i saw a trainer there. If there is i would love it to be occupied and heck nintendo might be hiding the fact that there are torn world towns and cities. I hope there is. Cause after all its getting its own map. Yes i think if i read correctly not only will there be a town map but a torn world map as well. ANd thats all i have to deliver as a post.
    Sweet heart, you mixed up Hearthome and Veilstone... Hearthome is home to creepy hair Ghost-type Gym Leader, while the Veilstone is home to the fighting kid.

Ha yeah, and still they didn't have that many fire type moves, like the ICE PUNCH lopunny. the exact opposite (or close to that) of fire punch orsomething. I wonder how we can get heatran now...
    Nah... The Sexy Lil' Lopunny has Fire Punch and Sunny Day, Steelix has Fire Fang and Sunny Day, the red-headed ape - Infernape has Flare Blitz, the speedy Rapidash has Flare Blitz (I remember it also has Sunny Day), the lil' blim has Will-O-Wisp... Well that's what we call Fire-type...

Last edited:
    Years
  • sexy lopunny... xD And you never know, they could be seen, but taken out of the sinnoh dex... volkner isn't the 8th gym leader anymore, so he's probably in the E4. also, buck has a brother in the E4, probably flint. all makes sense.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • If they do what they did in FrLg and make the E4 go up about 20 levels after the first time you beat them, then they'll give Flint some more Fire types, since he won't be limited to the Sinnoh Dex after you beat them the first time.

Or they could do something even better and just get rid of the Sinnoh/National Dex crap and just make every Pokemon somehow available in the game before the E4, wouldn't that be a lot more fun?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Or they could do something even better and just get rid of the Sinnoh/National Dex crap and just make every Pokemon somehow available in the game before the E4, wouldn't that be a lot more fun?

Yet virtually impossible at this point. The future, perhaps. I like the National Dex though, in terms of concept. Makes things more organized. If it's one thing that's been improved since Generation II, that is organization. Only one small setback right now is that they removed the Items PC in these games.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • It is not nearly impossible. All it would take is some effort on GameFreak's part to make a better game. Any hacker can go and change all the Pokemon's locations within a few days, so I don't think it is that big of a deal.

And yes, they do need to bring back Item storage on your PC.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    sexy lopunny... xD And you never know, they could be seen, but taken out of the sinnoh dex... volkner isn't the 8th gym leader anymore, so he's probably in the E4. also, buck has a brother in the E4, probably flint. all makes sense.
    I would like to know... Who said Volkner is not Gym Leader? I didn't read it on serebii.net...
    If they do what they did in FrLg and make the E4 go up about 20 levels after the first time you beat them, then they'll give Flint some more Fire types, since he won't be limited to the Sinnoh Dex after you beat them the first time.

Or they could do something even better and just get rid of the Sinnoh/National Dex crap and just make every Pokemon somehow available in the game before the E4, wouldn't that be a lot more fun?
    They are making region exclusives... So I doubt they will make all Pokemon appear in a region...
    Yet virtually impossible at this point. The future, perhaps. I like the National Dex though, in terms of concept. Makes things more organized. If it's one thing that's been improved since Generation II, that is organization. Only one small setback right now is that they removed the Items PC in these games.
    It is not nearly impossible. All it would take is some effort on GameFreak's part to make a better game. Any hacker can go and change all the Pokemon's locations within a few days, so I don't think it is that big of a deal.

And yes, they do need to bring back Item storage on your PC.
    It is a big deal... If they did that they couldn't make more money... They know most long-time Pokemon fans love the Johto region (or Gold and Silver versions), so they could make more money if they do remakes for the GS versions. But if they put all Pokemon in a game(which is what you wish, all 493 Pokemon in a game...), they couldn't make more money... As for the PC... Well I don't see it as a problem, since the limitation of carrying items don't exist anymore...

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I would like to know... Who said Volkner is not Gym Leader? I didn't read it on serebii.net...

Serebii.net said:
    In the run up to Thursday's Coro Coro release, info is likely to be leaked. Such as the Japanese blog, blue skY, a blog that got some info right prior to DP's prior (also got some stuff wrong), has reported some new info said to be from Coro Coro. It's entirely possible that this is not true, especcially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it, but here's the new info as you do have a right to know.

-Pokemon Platinum, set for September release. Giratina on the box
    -Volkner no longer Gym Leader of Sunyshore
    -The underground is now Wi-Fi enabled
    -An island called battle island, works in the same manner as the battle frontier
    -Several new Pokemon formes exist in the game; Giratina's Origin Forme, Regigigas Sky Forme, Shaymin's another forme.

It's in the May 2008 archives.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • IT WOULD BE SO STUPID and BORING if all the pokemon were catchable in the game. Most people will catch all pokemon in like 1 day. O.o. I know people that finished Diamond in 21 hours. O__O. Anyway yea....Pokemon should be spread out like they ARE.

>PC Item system NEEDS TO RETURN. Because I do NOT like going down the HUGE item list.
    I wish they have a voice command system. Where you can call out attacks via MIc and Pokemon listen to you and use the attacks. That would be putting MIc to a better use. Don't you think...=/ . I doubt they will do that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    It's in the May 2008 archives.
    Ya... Just read it from serebii recently... But since it's said may not be real... so I choose not to believe it yet... But if official source said that well I'll believe it then...
    IT WOULD BE SO STUPID and BORING if all the pokemon were catchable in the game. Most people will catch all pokemon in like 1 day. O.o. I know people that finished Diamond in 21 hours. O__O.
    Agree...
    Anyway yea....Pokemon should be spread out like they ARE.
    I thought you just said it would be stupid and boring...

>PC Item system NEEDS TO RETURN. Because I do NOT like going down the HUGE item list.
    You got the point! Really, It takes time to scroll with the Pokeball... It's waste of time... Now I figure out why it's call setback...

Years
  • It's in the May 2008 archives.
    Thanks.
    Ya... Just read it from serebii recently... But since it's said may not be real... so I choose not to believe it yet... But if official source said that well I'll believe it then...

Yeah, I've heard it somewhere else but forgot. Wow. But it's happened before, the 8th gym leader going into E4, so it probably will happen again.

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
    Years
  • Underground is gonna be wifi? Now I'm getting pumped,someone punch me in the face.

Years
  • *sigh*

Unlike everyone else...
    I want contests to be WiFi. Though I did read something about some WiFi Pofin thing. (I guess that makes sense as the best Pofin can only be made with 4 people.)
    =3= Is there no one else who likes them?

Again I read something about an update on all WiFi stuff, so maybe~

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • *sigh*

Unlike everyone else...
    I want contests to be WiFi. Though I did read something about some WiFi Pofin thing. (I guess that makes sense as the best Pofin can only be made with 4 people.)
    =3= Is there no one else who likes them?

Again I read something about an update on all WiFi stuff, so maybe~

I like berries. I am a big fan of berries. I find most berries lengendary, such as; Leichi, Ganlon, Enigma...you know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back