• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: PokéCommunity Daily is hiring!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Whatever happened to this? ?_? It's past deadline, so I was just wondering.
    Hah, not the first person to enquire today, which was the same day I thought "I ought to post here".

Anyways, I'm afraid application discussion is still ongoing. HQ approval is needed as well for example, and there's various discussion points that have come up (plus a lot of applicants! So choosing the 'best' for each position is not so straightforward when the above is mixed in as well). I also want to inform people at once rather than stagger confirmations/rejections.

Fear not, I'll be pushing for it to finish asap, without rushing the process unnecessarily as well.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
  • Hah, not the first person to enquire today, which was the same day I thought "I ought to post here".

Anyways, I'm afraid application discussion is still ongoing. HQ approval is needed as well for example, and there's various discussion points that have come up (plus a lot of applicants! So choosing the 'best' for each position is not so straightforward when the above is mixed in as well). I also want to inform people at once rather than stagger confirmations/rejections.

Fear not, I'll be pushing for it to finish asap, without rushing the process unnecessarily as well.

I am still quite new to this place. But does one have to have experience in the community to be accepted? In other words..Do auto decline people who are new to the community but want to apply?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I am still quite new to this place. But does one have to have experience in the community to be accepted? In other words..Do auto decline people who are new to the community but want to apply?

Not to my knowledge. Anyone with an account on PC can post article ideas in the appropriate section, although I'm not sure if they are still hiring for formal positions.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I am still quite new to this place. But does one have to have experience in the community to be accepted? In other words..Do auto decline people who are new to the community but want to apply?
    Hey there. I'm afraid applications closed back in early April and people selected for trial from those. =( That said, we may always promote someone based on activity/contributions to Daily. And we may do applications again down the track.

At any rate, I'd say there's a preference for people who are active in the relevant area for any staffing on PC, although with Daily applications if you were active in writing for other sites and had examples of those, that would be considered (and everyone who was selected is currently on trial anyway for the activity aspect to Daily itself).

And to clarify, you can be a brand new member and contribute an article to Daily - it's just that to be Daily staff there is a preference for some experience first.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
  • Hey there. I'm afraid applications closed back in early April and people selected for trial from those. =( That said, we may always promote someone based on activity/contributions to Daily. And we may do applications again down the track.

At any rate, I'd say there's a preference for people who are active in the relevant area for any staffing on PC, although with Daily applications if you were active in writing for other sites and had examples of those, that would be considered (and everyone who was selected is currently on trial anyway for the activity aspect to Daily itself).

And to clarify, you can be a brand new member and contribute an article to Daily - it's just that to be Daily staff there is a preference for some experience first.

Okay that's cool. Does the writing have to be specific? Or can it be story/RP wise? Or do you mean like a news article?

Years
  • Okay that's cool. Does the writing have to be specific? Or can it be story/RP wise? Or do you mean like a news article?

It's predominately articles relating to Pokemon or content from PC. We have two thriving sections called the Roleplay Theatre and Fanfiction & Writing if that's more what you're interested in doing.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
  • It's predominately articles relating to Pokemon or content from PC. We have two thriving sections called the Roleplay Theatre and Fanfiction & Writing if that's more what you're interested in doing.

I am interested in the Roleplay Theatre as I love to RP.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
  • I would like to apply for the writer position. If you want to have an example of my writing style here it is.

Example: A figure in the distance sits quietly with the wind blowing his hair. The figure stood up and turn to look back his blue eyes eying the grassy lands in the distance. "Today would be a good day to visit the Grassy plains..Huh?" His hoodie bristling with the wind and he smiled as he made his way towards his destination.

(End of example.)

I am also a writer for sofurry and Fanfiction. I have been writing Fanfiction since five years ago. And I have been writing stories for Sofurry for 2 years.

If you would like a link to my stories let me know.

Back