• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity on Nintendo Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    @Jeremy, The Postman and Relyt: I'm pretty much free the whole day on Saturday so whenever you're free that day is good by me. Although my recommended time would be 12pm (noon) my time, so check the link to see if that's good for you guys.

Also, I'm a little confused about the actual date/day we're playing on. It's 9:50pm Thursday 14th right now as I'm typing this post, so I was wondering if I play on the actual Saturday 17th my time or maybe 1 day later or earlier, etc.

You're 10 hours ahead of me, and the only time I can really play at would be later at night around 9:00 - 12:00. I could stay up until maybe around 1:00 AM, making it 11:00 AM your time, but yeah you'd be a day later technically.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    @.fate, Sexy CatBoy, and Caussmique.
    I'll be busy during morning, but I'm pretty much free during the afternoon. Though my recommended time would be 5:00pm.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Alright everyone. We've got our first three matches ready, which might be all we get, so I might have to edit the tournament list. Which would shorten the battles to 2 on 2 instead of 4 on 4 again. This means that only ONE person will be moving on to fight the next round. First place winners only move on. This will make the tournament go more quickly, but there's no other way to do this, since we have four spots open. And the lag won't be as bad for the winners fighting each other. >:

Yeah man, that would probably be a better idea, especially since so few people actually ended up joining. Having 2 on 2 matches would make things alot easier IMO, seeing as the lag would most likely not be as bad, and no one would really have to worry about the conflicting timezone differences. It's alot easier just trying to get in touch with one person for a match rather than having to wait for all 4 of us to be online at the same time =/

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    You're 10 hours ahead of me, and the only time I can really play at would be later at night around 9:00 - 12:00. I could stay up until maybe around 1:00 AM, making it 11:00 AM your time, but yeah you'd be a day later technically.

That'd make it 7:00am - 10:00am my time. That's actually pretty good for me, although it'd be better if it were 7:00am - 9:00am since I'd have to leave home at about 9:30. So, to make things simple, say about 8:00am (10:00pm for you Relyt)?

@Jeremy and The Postman: Is that time good for you?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    PokéCommunity on Nintendo Wi-Fi

Please PM your partner and set up the time for your match. You can now choose the day and time for your partner and yourself. I'm sorry for all the confusion, but now it's basically open for you to pick your match time and this will stop all lag issues that people complained about. I hope this doesn't mess anyone's plans up, but this should be much easier. Thanks and sorry again.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    The last time I checked, that setup is 1 vs 1 not 2 vs 2. o.o

Didn't get the partner I was hoping for. =P

Years
    That'd make it 7:00am - 10:00am my time. That's actually pretty good for me, although it'd be better if it were 7:00am - 9:00am since I'd have to leave home at about 9:30. So, to make things simple, say about 8:00am (10:00pm for you Relyt)?

@Jeremy and The Postman: Is that time good for you?

Sounds perfect timing for me actually. :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    The last time I checked, that setup is 1 vs 1 not 2 vs 2. o.o

Didn't get the partner I was hoping for. =P

Yeah, sorry. >_>; I was tired. I wasn't thinking. I meant one on one. Sorry. D:

You got the partner that was under or above you. XD

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I've beaten Caussmique. I'm ready to proceed to the next round.

Just posting here to confirm this. He beat me 2/3. Well I mean...we never actually made it to the 3rd round, seeing as he completely dominated me the first 2 rounds. But either way, his win. :]

...watch out. This mofo is insanely good.

Eon-Rider

Years
    Wait... Did I just notice another oddity of the rules?
    + All matches have to be 3 stock set on Final Destination; no items (excluding Final Smashes).
    The Smash Ball is practically the no. 1 banned item in most tournaments because some final smashes are far more powerful than others. I don't really see why it should be allowed in this tournament. =\

Well, congratulations to Jeremy and Sexy CatBoy for winning their matches. :D

Also, I do find it a little unfair that the winner of the last four players get a free trip to the finals. But I'm sure you've had enough of my whining so I'll just stfu now.

Last edited:
    Years
    Wait... Did I just notice another oddity of the rules?
    + All matches have to be 3 stock set on Final Destination; no items (excluding Final Smashes).
    The Smash Ball is practically the no. 1 banned item in most tournaments because some final smashes are war more powerful than others. I don't really see why it should be allowed in this tournament. =\

Well, congratulations to Jeremy and Sexy CatBoy for winning their matches. :D

Also, I do find it a little unfair that the winner of the last four players get a free trip to the finals. But I'm sure you've had enough of my whining so I'll just stfu now.

Then what about you and your opponent can decide whether or not Smash Balls should be on. If one wants it off and one wants it on then they can both pick what they want when they battle and leave it up to the random decision of the game to choose for them. Only a suggestion though.

Eon-Rider

Years
    o_O"

Now I can't decide if I want them on or not. I'll feel horrible if I win using them but I'll feel really proud if I win purely based on skill. I guess I'll let my opponent decide. =\

Real tournaments choose either items or no items. Not maybe items or no items. >_<
    The reason why most real tournaments have items off is to reduce as much luck as possible.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If you prefer having ALL items off, then discuss it with your partner. You two may decide at your leisure.

Also, the person that wins in the bottom doesn't get a free ride. Obviously the person that beats everyone else in the first two areas is probably a better player if he could beat out the rest. So I'm sure it'll be fairly matched either way.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
    Gah... I lost. The first match was shameful. Too much lag. =\

Congratulations to Kansas I guess.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Since the server change wiped out all of the new posts, I guess I should note that I beat Relyt.

There was some lag and it was really palm sweatingly close. xP Good game.

EDIT: Not wanting to be a prickly pear but are Lightning/Mukkamoto and .fate/Kazuma still competing? If not, can we keep going with the second round or is this thing over? :<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    soz but i haven had interent for a while
    so ill get in contact with lightin and get the game done tomo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back